It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: The rover it is rambling through in a martian cemetary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I see dead people.... I mean rocks, dead rocks.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I will commend Arken for being courteous with the responding members.

I see rocks also.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Druscilla

Here you go www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you, and also Rising Against.
I meant FORUM instead of 'thread' and have edited my previous post to reflect that.
Thank you for taking the suggestion with humor.
I meant no personal insult, but, you might see where something like this is indeed a bit of a stretch.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm still not sure if this somewhere in the nevada desert or not, let alone seeing skulls in the rocks!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
@ OP: Try not to stare too hard you might get stuck. All I see is rocks that you want to think are skulls.

If it were a cemetery wouldn't there be some sort of head stone that would be seen? Why would they bury someone without a headstone? What would be the point? Unless it was a mass murder (Thousands) Again you're looking at rocks. Stop thinking they are more then that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Now no single human brain is 'imune' to pareidolia, it's their nature, it's how stuff works, you're seeing it too. The question is are there all illusions or real thing? I cannot say, the chance that there are just rocks are higher, but the possibility that it's something different still remains.

eta: MindLab

edit on 11-9-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am sure the Martians were civilized people and would have buried there dead. Just rocks.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Arken

Why can't I see all the neat stuff other people see....waaaaaaaaaaaa......

Des

Because you're not delusional and making fantasies out of nothing?

Just a guess.

I know that might seem a little harsh, but sometimes you just have to call it what it is, and this is simply stupid. The only reason I click on any of these "rover" threads is to have a good laugh at what some rubbish someone is claiming now.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Arken

Thank you for the thread and your interesting analysis.

As you're posting in "Highly Speculative Conspiracy Topics", I don't see any problem with your speculation as that's what this particular forum is for, after all.
In fact I find it a little bothersome that a couple of members have criticized you for speculating -- and have gone somewhat off-topic in doing so. I'd rather they criticized, queried or disagreed with your process of reaching you conclusions as most others have done.

That being said, I'd be interested in what your take is on the conspiracy angle here. Again, because that's the basis of this forum. Do you suggest some kind of cover up? Or something more complex?

Meanwhile, I'd also like to know if you have some firm data that indicates the scale of the images, so that the size of these objects you suggest might be skulls or bones could be determined. I know that in the past we have run into problems on similar speculations when the scale was finally known.

Further, what is the basis for your assumption that Martians would need to be humanoid in any way? Do you have any studies that support this notion, or is it simply further speculation that they ought to look something like us? Or perhaps, that we should look something like them? (I'm serious, by the way. I'd really like to know.)

Thanks and best regards,

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/9/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

As with all the other curiosity threads...I see only rocks.
I wish i could see the multitude of things that the Martian rocks and dust have
been reported to be... From observing Alien craft to now a Alien Graveyard.

Rock on

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah, only seeing rocks here too,.

But I guess it does no harm to post your findings to see what other people make of them.
Somebody might just hit the jackpot some day. (hopefully)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't really care what people see or don't see in your photo analysis.
The real point here is that someone is looking and analyzing things we will never see or hear from NASA.
Thanks for looking and don't pay attention to those to lazy to go to the trouble you go through for the rest of us.
Keep it up. Otherwise, we will never know anything.
I wait for more.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don`t really see any skulls but that pile of rocks near the bottom right corner of the picture look suspiciously unnatural to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Arken

Why can't I see all the neat stuff other people see....waaaaaaaaaaaa......

Des

Because you're not delusional and making fantasies out of nothing?

Just a guess.

I know that might seem a little harsh, but sometimes you just have to call it what it is, and this is simply stupid. The only reason I click on any of these "rover" threads is to have a good laugh at what some rubbish someone is claiming now.

Being delusional has nothing to do with it. The mind sees what it wants to see. It's like when you were a small child and looked up at some clouds with some friends each of you look at the same cloud but see different things it's your imagination working. Btw your not harsh just rude.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

reply to post by Arken

Thank you for the thread and your interesting analysis.

As you're posting in "Highly Speculative Conspiracy Topics", I don't see any problem with your speculation as that's what this particular forum is for, after all.
In fact I find it a little bothersome that a couple of members have criticized you for speculating -- and have gone somewhat off-topic in doing so. I'd rather they criticized, queried or disagreed with your process of reaching you conclusions as most others have done.

That being said, I'd be interested in what your take is on the conspiracy angle here. Again, because that's the basis of this forum. Do you suggest some kind of cover up? Or something more complex?

Meanwhile, I'd also like to know if you have some firm data that indicates the scale of the images, so that the size of these objects you suggest might be skulls or bones could be determined. I know that in the past we have run into problems on similar speculations when the scale was finally known.

Further, what is the basis for your assumption that Martians would need to be humanoid in any way? Do you have any studies that support this notion, or is it simply further speculation that they ought to look something like us? Or perhaps, that we should look something like them? (I'm serious, by the way. I'd really like to know.)

Thanks and best regards,

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/9/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

Thanks Mike for your kind words.

Q: Do you suggest some kind of cover up?

A: Yes. Absolutely

Q: Or something more complex?

A: Yes, something that goes beyond our "official" awareness of MARS and its past and present history.

Q: Meanwhile, I'd also like to know if you have some firm data that indicates the scale of the images

A: U2U message has been sent.

You can directly analyze and check scale and dimensions of some other anomalies.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Arken

Thanks for your reply. I read your U2U and will review the info you've provided when I actually have enough free time to do it justice, but meanwhile I'd like to say I appreciate the trouble you've taken over this.

The objects you've offered for discussion in your OP here could well be merely rocks, and in fact that seems to be the general consensus among the membership here who have posted their opinions. However, there is a difference between offering our opinions that these things are most probably rocks and stating definitively that they are; realistically, such an absolute determination can only be made when it is beyond all doubt that no hominid-like life forms could ever have existed on that planet.

I doubt that even the scientists involved in these projects would make such a statement right now: they are only in the very early stages of exploring the surface of Mars -- and minuscule areas of it at that.

One other factor for consideration is that we have very little understanding of what Mars may have been like millennia or even millions of years ago. There seems to be some degree of consensus that it may have had surface water at some time and the implications of that leave the question of possible life there in the past open to conjecture. Okay, maybe not hominids, but some form of life.

On that basis I have to agree with members who say that it's well worth studying in detail whatever data/images may be offered.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Cemetry suggests that they (whoever they are) bury their dead as opposed to eat them, burn them, leave them out for the buzzards, or whatever. I dont think we would be shown a cemetry even if it existed, but there are a couple of sites where some people have considered that they see a skeleton of something lying in the dust, so it is possible I suppose.

From Mike,

You appear to be about to judge the validity of the 'find' by the scale of it. However, before you do that, quite a few people would say that there are both small and large inhabitants of Mars from the photos we have been shows by NASA. If this is correct, this means that there is no basis to judge based on their size. (I dont mean you are "judging" , but just that it seems that one hypothesis is more likely than another based on size, and that may not be true.)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
this one i have to say it looks like a rock. a big rock not a cemetery how do rocks= cemetery?
but sure no clue whats under what there driving, especially after al the leaKed info after all these years...
ever seen the body they found on the moon?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Check this website, there are better skulls on here. The guy that made this website seems to believe, there is civilization on mars. I think the Mars pics are fakes put out by NASA. It is a cool website non the less.

marsanomalyresearch.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join