It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance Is Bliss For Some, But Not For Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I love you-tube. There are some great videos on that site, but no matter the video, especially when dealing with conspiracy theories, there are always the people who deny everything, making negative comments that are only based on their opinion. I'm just so fed up with all the ignorance in the world. There are so many problems in this world. So many people follow the media, and what billionaires say without ever questioning where the information is coming from. Young people, some follow famous people like cult leaders. I'm not going to get into that though, all of the problems we face, as Earthlings/Humans.

I guess I'm writing this, more or less, because I'm sick of the ignorance, and people thinking they have the answer for everything. It's just simply astounding some of the things we see. People will deny anything that their mind cannot comprehend, even when evidence supporting what they refuse to accept is right in front of them. I really don't want to feel like this, but they almost seem like a lost cause.

Let me put this into perspective for some people, and maybe you can see what I see, or understand what I understand. Lets say I created a time machine, and I put a video of it on you-tube, explaining what I did to make it, how it works, and so on. Then there are those ignorant people, who deny what is shown in the video with their comments, because in their mind, it is just too outrageous to be true. Say after a while, they want to come back, and say that they believe now because they saw one of my inventions in person, and saw that it worked, so now they want to believe. Why would I want anything to do with these people? They didn't want to believe in the first place, when I supported evidence for my claims. They wanted to make fun, joke, and give their idiotic opinion about how this just wasn't true, but now that they saw one of my time machines in action, and now all of a sudden they want to support me. I'd tell them to shove off. (Good thing I'm not God.)

I don't really feel sorry for these people any more. I used to, but I really don't. Some of these people are so full of hatred, that I don't care that they are lost, and confused. On the other hand, I do still want to get the message of Christ out there, but this article is about people not wanting to accept truth, of many different varieties.

Another funny thing is, that I'm almost certain, that at least half of the people that deny the truth of something, do not ever study what they are criticizing, and voicing their opinion on. Some people live in this little perfect world made by a product of their self delusion, and do not want to understand, or learn about anything that might make them have to live in the real world. Some people want to live in their own little fantasy, thinking that everything is spectacular. When the truth is, they simply can't handle the truth. It freaks them out, and they don't know what to do about it, so they do nothing, instead, ignoring things, and continue to live in their lies.

Whatever. These people can do what they want. I know a better way, and that deals with the study on all things true. God granted us free will, and it's up to you what you do with your life, but when truths come out, don't cry, and freak out saying you didn't know, because there are clues to everything, everywhere. All you have to do is stop, be aware, and notice the clues. I'm sure many people have heard the saying, truth is stranger than fiction. I just want to concur with that statement. The truth is definitely bazaar.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Don't let it get to you. They are wrong and don't even know it. funny if you think about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You have not fully understood the meaning of "ignorance", I believe.
Namely, conspiracy theories arise usually from just that. Not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

I like to think of conspiracy theory as the ability to look into a situation and see the ugly truths that others may hide from. Conspiracy theorist need debunkers to keep them in touch with reality the same could be said for the debunkers needing conspiracy theorist. The reality is debunkers rarely accept the facts of an ugly situation they tend to dismiss instead of confirm or vise versa. Conspricy theorist tend to believe instead of dismiss some facts or vise versa. both lead to a one sided view point where both are wrong and both are correct its just what percentage is more correct. The problem lies in the ability to want to be correct so both sides reach for angles where they cant explain a situation.

And thats the rub to be truly in search of the truth you must remain completely objective on both sides before studying the subject, know both pros and cons and weigh them equally against each other

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

That's why I'm a skeptical believer. I look at the evidence, for everything, and never jump to any conclusion before considering facts. I guess, honestly, I just want more people to look at the evidence, and facts before saying something isn't truth.

new topics

top topics

join