It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern CA earthquakes, geysers, mud pots, mass fish kill, sulfur odors & water level drop!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyre
Not to diminish the strangeness of this but, if sulphurous gas is venting, and swarms of earthquakes are happening now, that would exclude the high-pressure buildup required for a large eruption.

Earthquakes do not always relieve the pressure, in fact, they can grow the pressure even more.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
OP, you mentioned geysers.... Never realized that CA had geysers prior to this. Anyways this is for those that may be interested. So similar to yellowstone with the mud pots and geysers, isn't it? Interesting...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
“ Super earthquakes in Cascadia are nature’s equivalent to the World Trade Center disaster. But the potential losses are so much larger that they will affect the social fabric of the entire Northwest and dramatically alter the US and world economy.
– Robert Yeats, Author “Living with Earthquakes” PhD., Oregon State University

The PACIFIC OCEAN is 9000 x 11000 miles wide.

This September marks the ninth annual National Preparedness Month, sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

The world 9/11 is shortly to begin. Take head, they are serious.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by Dagrlol
Please stay safe CA bros, we evolved to take threats like these as warnings and should act accordingly!

oh you bet we will... here in the north part of the state we will be on guard as well.... on guard to defend ourselves and our family's and properties from those of u down south who may think of coming up this way... to escape... please dont come this way... we dont want more of u... go east or somewhere else!

Cool dude... this is like the third time you've posted the same nonsense in this thread and guess what... no one seems to care? There's as many norcal transplants down here as there are socal transplants up there so give it up.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tanker292

The sulfur smell can be coming from the swarm of small quakes also. If this swarm wasn't there than I would be more worried about a bigger quake. It is possible that the small quakes can break the seal around old oil wells and the smell could be coming up around there also. There is high sulfur in some crude oil and even if the wells are empty there could still be some gasses in there. I do not know where the old oil wells are in relation to the smell. Is the smell Hydrogen Sulfide? Has anyone heard what the gas is?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
Someone mentioned HAARP, so I just had to do it....

I usually check this website out though it doesn't seem all that validated or authentic to me.

Take a wild guess where it says HAARP is blowin' up right now?

www.haarpstatus.com...

Edit: It seems to be dated the 10th, not directly this moment
edit on 12-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

The fact that target area is right on top of all the activity is very odd.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by Dagrlol
Please stay safe CA bros, we evolved to take threats like these as warnings and should act accordingly!

oh you bet we will... here in the north part of the state we will be on guard as well.... on guard to defend ourselves and our family's and properties from those of u down south who may think of coming up this way... to escape... please dont come this way... we dont want more of u... go east or somewhere else!

You know, you're just a "guest" of norcal.

So either you don't believe your sig and used it because you wanted to sound witty, or you're a very confused person.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I googled "Salton sea is a caldera "! This is one of the first articles to come up.

ATS from 2005.

edit on 13-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As I posted yesterday, could this be connected to volcanic activity?

______beforeitsnews/2012/2012/09/must-see-volcano-eruption-in-la-san-digeo-at-salton-sea-possible-2437274.html

edit on 13-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

An ATS article from 2005 says Salton sea is an extinct volcano with at least 4 vents. It's coming to life again and imagine is going to pick up the pace and roar very soon according to other events anyway. I'm in Apple Valley and what I've been smelling, isn't dead fish but methane.
edit on 13-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am on sensory overload right now but in the past few days I read where it is all connected through the GUlf of Mexico and New Madras fault lines. Now what is to happen with the problem in Louisiana and the the dangerous sink hole there? www.examiner.com...

None of this makes sense really, I mean wouldn't 'they' be warning us if there was a real risk for endangerment here? Or will they just wait and see? Is this the going hot we read about last week? I just don't know my friend.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hey randyvs

From one of my posts yesterday:

Originally posted by antar

METHANE WHAT IS METHANE?

Methane is an odorless, colorless flammable gas. It is used primarily as fuel to make heat and light.

It is also used to manufacture organic chemicals.

Methane can be formed by the decay of natural materials and is common in landfills, marshes, septic systems and sewers.

Methane can form an EXPLOSIVE mixture in air at levels as low as 5 percent.

You can smell leaking methane only when commercial gas utility companies add a chemical smell to it or when it mixes naturally with hydrogen sulfide, causing a "rotten egg" smell.

If you can smell it, the level may be too high to be safe.

Methane can also be found in coal gas. Pockets of methane exist naturally underground.

In homes, methane may be used to fuel a water heater, stove and clothes dryer. Methane evaporates quickly.

Therefore, most of the methane that ends up in lakes, streams, or soil is eventually released into the air.

However, methane that is formed underground and moves through soil can remain unchanged for many years.

www.dhs.wisconsin.gov...

I am concerned for you and all of us right now. Wish I could ignore what I sense but there is too much to back what I am picking up on right now, hopefully this will settle itself with natures miracles and we will buy more time to study and prepare for the inevitable.

edit on 13-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

'The emission of gases (e.g. methane) from the ground is already known to causemud volcanoes on land, circular pockmarks on the ocean floor, and 'icevolcanoes' or pingos on ice fields. Hydrocarbons and hydrogen are also majorcomponents of the gases emitted during major volcanic eruptions.Eyewitness accounts provide strong evidence that gas emissions also help tocause earthquakes in general, but nowadays scientists tend to ignore these'subjective' accounts in favour of 'hard' seismic data. Eruptions, flames, roaringand hissing noises, sulphurous odours, hazes and fogs, asphyxiation, fountainsof water and mud, vigorous bubbling in bodies of water -- all these are observedtoday in conjunction with earthquakes, just as they were in past. On the basis ofsuch evidence, the ancients held that the movement and eruption ofsubterranean 'air' (i.e. gases) caused volcanoes if they found an outlet, andotherwise generated earthquakes. Gold argues that this mechanism couldexplain deep earthquakes, since he believes that the mechanism of sudden rockshear cannot operate deep in the earth's interior. B

An excellent read.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm digging deep right now because I'm concerned with everything from liquefaction to Sodom and Gomorrah to these luminous clouds in Palm Springs.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by randyvs

I am on sensory overload right now but in the past few days I read where it is all connected through the GUlf of Mexico and New Madras fault lines. Now what is to happen with the problem in Louisiana and the the dangerous sink hole there? www.examiner.com...

None of this makes sense really, I mean wouldn't 'they' be warning us if there was a real risk for endangerment here? Or will they just wait and see? Is this the going hot we read about last week? I just don't know my friend.

The area of the New Madrid fault has been slightly more active than usual over the past few days as well. (can't post the list of small EQs on here right now though... On my phone... usgs.gov should show them. (Mo. & Tn.)
edit on 9/13/2012 by cassiper because: Typo

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by antar

I'm digging deep right now because I'm concerned with everything from liquefaction to Sodom and Gomorrah to these luminous clouds in Palm Springs.

When were these taken?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have been following this thread because i am in Arizona and I most of my family lives in California. I am still doing catch-up reading and am at pg. 5. I did some reasearch for new information today and found an interesting video. At the end of the video there is a clip from a resident near the Salton Sea that shows a strange cloud forming. A very discolored plume looking cloud looks to be rising and spreading out.

I am not quite sure if I am inserting this correctly. Please let me know the correct way, if I get it wrong. I'm not sure what the youtube number is so, I am posting the link.
clip

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Hey AGW,

I'm pretty sure that those pics are from the 12th wednesday but for they go back to Tuesday the 11th at the very most.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join