It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern CA earthquakes, geysers, mud pots, mass fish kill, sulfur odors & water level drop!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by MountainEnigma
reply to post by meticulous

Do you have any reliable source that shows the geyers and the mud pots in an active state.

I found this on youtube. It was posted 2 weeks ago.

www.youtube.com...

Those certainly are pretty big mud pots. I put the vid on here so it's easier to see.

edit on 12-9-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not to diminish the strangeness of this but, if sulphurous gas is venting, and swarms of earthquakes are happening now, that would exclude the high-pressure buildup required for a large eruption.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyre
Not to diminish the strangeness of this but, if sulphurous gas is venting, and swarms of earthquakes are happening now, that would exclude the high-pressure buildup required for a large eruption.

Mt St Helens was venting gas and causing quakes for months before it erupted.

2nd

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Please stay safe CA bros, we evolved to take threats like these as warnings and should act accordingly!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Seems like the world ends every day around here.

fish bee deer bear dolphin tuna die off strange noise spectral earthquake haarp hurricane flood smell mangnetic ozone hole sunspot planet x undersea passage secret anonymous messenger with info tsunami orb meteor black helicopter reptilian illuminati occultist fema guillotine cardgame inside jobs false flags scandal regions with martial law web bot federal reserve collapse activity seizure powergrab mkultra yellowstone gonna blow pole reversal.

Something is definitely going on in "X"

Disinfo much?

your rights beuraucratically eliminated one by one, the one and only issue, not for some super conspiracy but because it is more convienient and most of all Cheap to control a city... a nation ... a world. without rights.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I am from Brawley,, and those Mud Pots are normal..nothing new.. the only difference is that they are above water, for years they were underwater or not as dry anyway... I would worry more about the water table drop. The dead fish if they are in the Salton Sea is also normal. Back in 1971 there were so many dead fish on the bank that we had to go to the All American Canal to fish instead of there the smell was so bad.. the water is saltier than the ocean. no outlet.. just nasty red smelly water from Mexico runs into it...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I live exactly 200 miles away from the Salton Sea in the High Desert near Edwards Airforce base, and i could smell the sulfur smell as good as if it was in my backyard. The BS cover story of fish kill in the Salton Sea is ridiculous. I do live about 30 miles north east of the fault line where it is actually visible to the eye. I am now starting to get nervous about all this. Too many things happening at once not to be connected to a bigger event.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This will be California.

englishrussia.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Sulffer

Nomadic tribes scavenging, for what remains of life
To breathe the air burns, Sulphuric

Corroding gods of steel, the rusting breasts

Beneath the ruins of time, it breathes, the corpse of mankind

Made of bones decomposing
Bring the ancient souls back to life
Reborn in stone of fire
Man again is Sulphur...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by icanhaz
Chemically speaking, the "official" dead-fish die-off explanation IS bogus:

tertiary amines = "dead fish" smell
sulfur compounds = rotten eggs/sewer smell

**Two totally different classes of compounds.
**Two totally distinct smells.

The sulfur smell is associated with volcanoes (and volcanic activity is often associated with EQs).

Nice to see the explanation.

I grew up as a "country boy". I have been around piles of dead things, including piles of dead fish. We also had very hard iron water with a high sulfur content. When you cranked up the hot water, the smell would sometimes take your breath away. I can tell you as an old country boy...dead fish do not smell like sulfur.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall

Originally posted by Evildead
I bet the Salton Sea is actually the top of a massive Super Volcano and all that sulfer (rotten eggs) is a warning that the Gates of Hell are opening and California has front row seats to a deadly concoction of lava and earthquakes!

Oh. My. God! Get the hell outta there! Warn everyone you can! Tell everyone NOT to ignore the signs!
Sulfer is the smell of Hell... A cataclysm is coming to California and Hell is coming with it!
Get away from Cali!

I am not going to run away from So Cali...Its way too nice here. I can go to the beach and get a tan on Christmas in the morning and Ski in the afternoon and then head to the thrill Capitol Of the World Magic Mountain for a ride on some of the best coasters on the planet.......
the big one is coming and I have a front row seat

AMEN, Brother! I love living here. I was born and raised in Indiana, and I lived in Missouri ( properly pronounced as Mis-sery, LOL ) for 10 years...this is one of the finest places on Earth to live at, even if we do have LA

I grew up around tornadoes, ice storms...when discussing earthquakes v/s tornadoes with some friends of mine last year, I said without hesitation, "I would rather DIE out here than LIVE back there."
I stand by that statement.
If the big one happens, I'll just hike my happy arse outta here ( if I survive )......

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It seems the folks posting have a clear view the fish story is beyond implausible and that some form or venting is the cause.

The venting would explain the smell traveling to a wide variety of places if the venting is happening in several locations in the the low desert. The continuous flow would also help overcome the rather insane notion that a few dead fish produce a coherent and large enough noxious mass to fight through all manner of air currents, pressure changes and moisture to arrive at one's nose, in tact, on the valley floor, Edwards and all points in between. We are looking at some form of volcanic venting.

As another pointed out, the lack of water in the area could be the reason. Could it be that water is usually a buffer for the venting gas, but these recent dry months and super heated days have eliminated the buffer and the gas is just spewing forth unabated in one continuous flow?

The question is, how normal, or average is this? For those who live in the desert areas please fill in the blanks on number of times this has happened, length of time and any other information pertaining to areas where the venting is occurring.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I can tell you as an old country boy...dead fish do not smell like sulfur.

Well that is true unless those fish come from water with a high content of sulfer.
We have a river here in tx called sulfer river and i get my bait at the dam there.
The first time i stored them in my fridge and by the next morning my whole house smelled like rotten eggs.
These shad even do not decompose the same. It's like they are preserved and last forever.
When you get near the river you can smell the rotten eggs.

I am not disagreeing that venting is taking place.
The river i speak of does not stink beyond the banks of the river and i doubt that a few dead fish could account for the smells described in this thread.
edit on 12-9-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagrlol
Please stay safe CA bros, we evolved to take threats like these as warnings and should act accordingly!

oh you bet we will... here in the north part of the state we will be on guard as well.... on guard to defend ourselves and our family's and properties from those of u down south who may think of coming up this way... to escape... please dont come this way... we dont want more of u... go east or somewhere else!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
It seems the folks posting have a clear view the fish story is beyond implausible and that some form or venting is the cause.

The venting would explain the smell traveling to a wide variety of places if the venting is happening in several locations in the the low desert. The continuous flow would also help overcome the rather insane notion that a few dead fish produce a coherent and large enough noxious mass to fight through all manner of air currents, pressure changes and moisture to arrive at one's nose, in tact, on the valley floor, Edwards and all points in between. We are looking at some form of volcanic venting.

As another pointed out, the lack of water in the area could be the reason. Could it be that water is usually a buffer for the venting gas, but these recent dry months and super heated days have eliminated the buffer and the gas is just spewing forth unabated in one continuous flow?

The question is, how normal, or average is this? For those who live in the desert areas please fill in the blanks on number of times this has happened, length of time and any other information pertaining to areas where the venting is occurring.

Hey Crankyoldman, Crankyol'woman, here!

I just wanted to remark that I love your well thought out and logical thought process. I love reading your posts as you tend to stand back and look at the big picture, rather than getting your pantaloons in a twist in knee-jerk, emotional response.

Hope that's not too personal, mods!......

Back on topic.
I'm in S. California but in the coastal area, slightly inland from Ventura. I travelled between Ojai, Ventura and Santa Barbara yesterday and there's not a hint of mal-odors, anywhere. I wanted to put this on record as I think it's good idea for all to hear from different areas, to see who's affected or not.

I've travelled down the road East of Salton Sea and been knocked out by the all pervading dead fish + fertilizer ponk. As soon as I was past Nyland (sp?), going South, there was absolutely no trace of it.

This current far-reaching odor could not possibly be from rotting fish! That's my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
from your own source

"More water is evaporating from the sea than is flowing in from agricultural runoff"

and it's exposing the odors. that's all

it's ok. 2012 was just a movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by meticulous

You live in California. Things like that happen there. I thought the people there were used to living life on the edge. I thought the local bands incorporated earthquakes rumbles into their music.

Uhhh...the bands here are not like that...I think you mean Seattle and that is up north. Yes things like this happen here, but all joking aside yeah some things do happen here..BUT as I have said in previous threads as well as this one lately has been different...now the yucky smell...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You do realize that if Cali does go up like some of you (and kinda myself) think it may we will NEVER know who would have won Big Brother, The Voice, X factor and perhaps even Americas got Talent
Oh yeah and I might die seeing as I live there

edit on 12-9-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So I am new here my buddy sent me here to read about it. I am no geologist but from what I have seen from past volcano eruptions (youtube) wouldnt magma be coming of the ground. before an eruption from what I have seen there is alot of magma activity
edit on 12-9-2012 by TC1177 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
forgive me if i make no sense or link incorrectly this is my first reply on this site,

so ive been doing a bit of research on major earthquakes and pre warning signs of major earthquakes, signs that have happened in previous places just before a major earthquake and its been really interesting.

According to some people from the christchurch, that copped 7. + magnitude quakes that devastated the area, there was a smell of rotten eggs or sulfur smell days and hours before the quake occurred.. coincidence that california is now having this smell along with the swarm of quakes and dead fish?

i was also reading on a guy, don't know how credible he his, but his name is jim berkland and back in 1989 he actually predicted the loma prieta quake days before it happened. (not sure how to link properly so i just copy and pasted the link)

modernfolktales.com...

(again not sure if its 100% credible)

but he used things such as higher than usual animals going missing and weird animal behaviour along with other variables.

and i just wonder if anyone in cali is experiencing any unusual animal behaviour or any cell phone signal loss or interference now or in the last few hours as these have been signs of previous major quakes in the past.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join