It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern CA earthquakes, geysers, mud pots, mass fish kill, sulfur odors & water level drop!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
I bet the Salton Sea is actually the top of a massive Super Volcano and all that sulfer (rotten eggs) is a warning that the Gates of Hell are opening and California has front row seats to a deadly concoction of lava and earthquakes!

Oh. My. God! Get the hell outta there! Warn everyone you can! Tell everyone NOT to ignore the signs!
Sulfer is the smell of Hell... A cataclysm is coming to California and Hell is coming with it!
Get away from Cali!

I am not going to run away from So Cali...Its way too nice here. I can go to the beach and get a tan on Christmas in the morning and Ski in the afternoon and then head to the thrill Capitol Of the World Magic Mountain for a ride on some of the best coasters on the planet.......
the big one is coming and I have a front row seat

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Any new news?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by meticulous

Any pictures and articles of the geysers and mud pots you mention? I have not read any reports of them and also where are they located?

Update: found a video on mud pots near the Salton sea:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
You in La Canada? Just a guess. I am thinking earth movement or, now that you say it smell like septic, wonder if the sewers are not working properly. L.A.'s plumbing is pretty old now.

Yes, I am. But septic smells like rotten eggs... I've never smelled sewers when they go bad, so I have no idea if the "aroma" is different. While La Canada is changing, slowly, to sewers, that's not the case in my particular neck.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is very worry-some to me. I don't have any family or friends in that area, but to me, all of these events sound a lot like volcanic activity to me. I can believe the USGS isn't there doing testing to see what exactly is happening there. Someone needs to do some tests on the water and what ever other tests the USGS is capable of doing to see if there is an eruption possibly coming.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

make damn sure your video recorder is charged

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparksfley

Originally posted by SunnyDee
You in La Canada? Just a guess. I am thinking earth movement or, now that you say it smell like septic, wonder if the sewers are not working properly. L.A.'s plumbing is pretty old now.

Yes, I am. But septic smells like rotten eggs... I've never smelled sewers when they go bad, so I have no idea if the "aroma" is different. While La Canada is changing, slowly, to sewers, that's not the case in my particular neck.

I am on septic too. Have to say, I would not say my septic smells like rotten eggs, when we had it pumped. I think we can all imagine what a septic smells like! ugh!

I actually don't think it's the sewers.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Can any one give us a graphical representation of just how wide-spread this odor appears to be?

I know one poster mentioned that he/she was located at Edwards AFB, and when I looked it up on Mapquest, that was aproximately 200 miles roughly northwest of the Salton Sea.

That's one mighty powerful Stench, if it is coming from decaying fish, as the official "experts" have suggested.

I'd like to see just how far north, south, east, and west this "fish stink" is being reported, if the stink is moving (say with the prevaling winds) or if it is staying relatively localized: whether it is getting stronger in some areas, but not in others, etc.

One concern I have is that, if this proves to be some kind of volcanic/seismic "harbinger", and the civil authorities know things are about to blow, they may decide to keep that fore-knowledge from the public.

There is simply No Way to evacuacte the millions of people who might be in harm's way to a safer locale!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure what it was, but I was travelling the 110 North from Downtown Los Angeles (Wharehouse/Wholesale District) to Pasadena at about 10PM (Highland Park area), near Dodgers Stadium after passing China Town and I smelled what was like sulfur. It was awful
As a matter of fact, I recall accusing someone in my car of severe flatulence

I think I owe someone an apology

edit on 9/11/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hmmm, this is interesting indeed
I think I will call my friend Charlie Frost on this one,.
Im sure he will have the answer

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sure sounds like volcanic activity. I never realized how many volcanoes were within our borders.

www.volcano.si.edu...

Also there appears to be a couple super volcanos not too far away from the area.
Link

Thanks for the post and keep us updated.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I watched the swarms there a couple of weeks ago, that was new to me though I realize they have happened before.

Here is an odd coincidence.

My wife, who is not into conspiracies or anything like that at all, had a nightmare last night. She woke up trembling and couldn't go back to sleep, she told me while ago that it gave her anxiety all day. Her dream was of a volcanic eruption. She said the ground just spit open and lava was erupting everywhere. After she told me about it, I found this thread....

Interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I watched the swarms there a couple of weeks ago, that was new to me though I realize they have happened before.

Here is an odd coincidence.

My wife, who is not into conspiracies or anything like that at all, had a nightmare last night. She woke up trembling and couldn't go back to sleep, she told me while ago that it gave her anxiety all day. Her dream was of a volcanic eruption. She said the ground just spit open and lava was erupting everywhere. After she told me about it, I found this thread....

Interesting.

Ehh.. no big deal,.
Im sure your doomed,. and the lava WILL overcome your neighborhood,.
have a beer and enjoy the fireworks
edit on 11-9-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: lol

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

LoL...woo-hoo! Break out the beer, hot dogs and the marshmallows!

Nah, we are east coasters...I just thought it was a nifty coincidence that not 3 minutes after she told me what her dream was about, I saw this thread on recent posts list.

I did watch the swarms on Global incident map a couple weeks ago but other than that, I don't pay much attention to the West coast.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

the apocolypto is about to begin,. sez the homeless guy on the street corner
Im hoping for a meteor to kick things off but I would settle for a Yellowstone burp
I have to say,, Cali has been quite active lately,. lot of plate shifts,. no surprise really with the
planet gettin warmer,. somethings gotta give,. after all Crustal displacement needs a malleable surface

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Is there a link to this data feed? Curious as to recent developments

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reminds me of the 1997 movie called Volcano

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You live in California. Things like that happen there. I thought the people there were used to living life on the edge. I thought the local bands incorporated earthquakes rumbles into their music.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just googled this and the smell is reaching all the way up to SF as of 48 minutes ago. One report said the smell is also being reported in TX.

P.S. I googled 'California sulfur smell'
edit on 11-9-2012 by YoungSoul because: Addition

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I keep recalling the movie Dante's Peak. In it, the main character described the "boiling frog" phenomenon. Supposedly, a frog slowly boiled will die without doing anything, but if it is dropped into the hot temperature all at once, it will jump back out. The town refuses to evacuate until it's too late, because their baseline for normalcy keeps rising along with the slowly building occurrences.
Does anyone else suppose that the situation in California could eventually qualify as such?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join