It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration supporters urge Obama to sign Executive Order to stop upholding The Law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Dream Activists call on Obama to sign an Executive Order to stop upholding The Law

Illegal students who feel they should be allowed to participate in the Dream Act are being rightfully deported. They are getting so mad about this they have the ignorance and audacity to ask Obama to stop the deportation of these illegal immigrants.

Keep in mind, the Dream Act is only a proposal - it has Never been passed. How silly is That?

en.wikipedia.org...

If the President is deporting anyone, it is because the Dream Act has not passed and Obama is upholding the current Law. These illegal immigrants are asking Obama to override the current law by executive order. They apparently do not understand how laws are made in this country. They don't understand that this type of Act will not pass unless the majority of the American people via the faith we have placed in our elected officials, deem it be good for the country as a whole.

action.dreamactivist.org...

How would you feel if someone came walking illegally into your country (or shamelessly put their kids up to it) and demanded that the President or Rulers, cater to them and change the laws in your favor? To make demands of our President like this is unbelievably ignorant.

I say, if your parents didn't get here legally, then No you don't have a right to our educational system. Ask your parents to get legal and obtain some form of legal status for you first, then you will have this privilege. I think most illegal immigrants don't do that because that would put them on even footing with most Americans - they don't want even footing, they want government handouts to pay for everything they have including their education.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Despite the law and a little thing called the Constitution........it is Obama's MO to EO everything...I see it coming very soon, especially since he already told officers not to enforce the law.

I wonder who is actually getting deported?
edit on 11-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

How or why can one object to legal immigration?

While I agree there are plenty of so called laws which are legal but illegitimate, I dont see how this is one of them.

Come to the US legally, thats all anyone is saying...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
They deserve nothing but a boot in the ass.
The insolence infuriates me. "let me in for free and give me housing, foodstamps, welfare checks, a drivers license, place me in a job and give me free college"

edit on 11-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Let them pay cash money up front and I welcome them to our colleges and universities. Otherwise it is time to go.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
They deserve nothing but a boot in the ass.
The insolence infuriates me. "let me in for free and give me housing, foodstamps, welfare checks, a drivers license, place me in a job and give me free college"

Where do you think they got the idea from in the first place. By looking at what is already happening on a mass level in America. They are only demanding what they see other Americans already getting. Entitlement breeds entitlement. Why not...it's all free to them. So what if they're not here legally. Blame Obama for opening that door.....

Des

edit on 11-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Not just money....5 years in the armed forces...let's see how bad they want it and don't want to wait to do it legally.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

These aren't Americans..I spit at that
Thank goodness for Brewer spitting in Obamas face

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

These aren't Americans. I spit at that.

No, they are not Americans. But, with the swish of a pen, Obama can change that. He's the one spitting on our existing laws on immigration. I'm fed up with my taxes going to support all the votes Obama is trying to buy as it is. I totally agree with what you posted. I'm mad as hell.....take care of Americans first.

Dream Act my ass...what about the Dreams of Americans who can't find jobs, or afford to go to school, or save their homes from foreclosure. Or provide for their families.

Des

edit on 11-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm mad at Obama and these insolent illegals. Like serious who the f do they think they are?
What have they done to earn this? Why do they even think they deserve to be heard?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Yes they are Americans. They are just not legal citizens of the US of A. The Americas are two continents, not one country.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

ahahahaha so funny and witty.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Yes they are Americans. They are just not legal citizens of the US of A. The Americas are two continents, not one country.

In this case "American" means a citizen of the United States of America. People in South America would recognize what American means. In fact it is used world wide to specifically refer to a citizen of the U.S.A. In your attempt to be witty you come off sort of .. uneducated.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Not just money....5 years in the armed forces...let's see how bad they want it and don't want to wait to do it legally.

I agree with this, or I would if the Military today was really defending this nation from real threats foreign and domestic instead of playing solider for someones agenda. But that's another thread.

How about making them serve in the National Guard.. even patrolling the borders and sending other illegals back where they came from.

That would really show who is serious about getting into the country via a legal back door. If this were mandatory and had proper oversight so the these illegals would not be able to help other illegals, but only uphold the law even deporting their own fellow countrymen, I think we would see a huge reduction in people trying to sneak across.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Make dereliction of said duty treason punishable by death for failure to send illegals back and I am all for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
People in South America would recognize what American means. In fact it is used world wide to specifically refer to a citizen of the U.S.A. In your attempt to be witty you come off sort of .. uneducated.

Not really. People of Central and South America also consider and call themselves american. The term used for a citizen of the US translates to United Statesian.

Adjectives derived from "United States" (such as United Statesian) are awkward in English, but similar constructions exist in Spanish (estadounidense), Portuguese (estado-unidense, estadunidense), Finnish (yhdysvaltalainen: from Yhdysvallat, United States), as well as in French (états-unien), and Italian (statunitense).

As for the OP, well the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It will probably soon be the NAU anyway.
edit on 13-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

People in South America would recognize what American means. In fact it is used world wide to specifically refer to a citizen of the U.S.A. In your attempt to be witty you come off sort of .. uneducated.

Not really. People of Central and South America also consider and call themselves american. The term used for a citizen of the US translates to United Statesian.

Adjectives derived from "United States" (such as United Statesian) are awkward in English, but similar constructions exist in Spanish (estadounidense), Portuguese (estado-unidense, estadunidense), Finnish (yhdysvaltalainen: from Yhdysvallat, United States), as well as in French (états-unien), and Italian (statunitense).

I am sorry, but I have friends in South American countries and there is no doubt what is meant when I say I am an American. How many "American" countries have America in their name? There is no Brazilian states of America, no Peru de America, and while American as a term can be applied to others, it is a globally recognized term for a citizen of the U.S.A. as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I am sorry, but I have friends in South American countries and there is no doubt what is meant when I say I am an American. How many "American" countries have America in their name? There is no Brazilian states of America, no Peru de America, and while American as a term can be applied to others, it is a globally recognized term for a citizen of the U.S.A. as well.

Speaking as someone who you would probably consider South American, I can honestly say that it is understood but it is also held that we are all americans. There is a push, as evidenced by the text that I quoted, to remove the right, that the US think it has, to the exclusive use of the word.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Speaking as someone who you would probably consider South American, I can honestly say that it is understood but it is also held that we are all americans. There is a push, as evidenced by the text that I quoted, to remove the right, that the US think it has, to the exclusive use of the word.

Well there is no "right" the US thinks it has. We simply have America in our name, no one else does. We are not saying we are superior and the only "Americans". If you think that is the case that is your problem. It's a question of logic, not ego. It's a problem that is really only faced here as no other country I know of is named after the continent, except Australia, and what are they called again?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Well there is no "right" the US thinks it has. We simply have America in our name, no one else does. We are not saying we are superior and the only "Americans". If you think that is the case that is your problem. It's a question of logic, not ego. It's a problem that is really only faced here as no other country I know of is named after the continent, except Australia, and what are they called again?

Well, we are all "Latin Americans" and we all live on the continent of America, so logically we are in fact americans. Just because the US decided to include it in the formal name of the country doesn't mean they have exclusive right to be called that. Also, it isn't my problem it is a continental issue. The fact that you are not aware of it doesn't mean that it does not exist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join