It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson For Dummies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Quick overview of the man's very interesting background. Save sometime scowering Wikipedia and various threads.

I know some of you say Ron Paul or none, but let me know what you think after this video.

Done by my fav online TV show (SourceFED)

edit on 10-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
While I have pretty much maintained my Ron Paul or no one stance, that due to not seeing another viable candidate. That said, while I am not sold yet on Gary Johnson, far from it, I promise to do more research with an open mind since I have yet to discover anything about him yet that would be a utter deal breaker.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have nothing against Gary Johnson and have researched him as a viable alternative to RP. I couldn't watch the whole video, though, because it was too annoying. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the cutesy stuff.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I was considering Gary Johnson but that video was so annoying I'm rethinking my stance.
If he has to resort to that type of goofy 30 something, "oh were so hip" pandering; perhaps he isn't as viable as I once thought.

Perhaps I'll just write in RP anyway....

edit on 11-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
He's got issues with truly being Libertarian:

His strange Foreign Policies: Here.

And then, his stance on abortion...hrm.

edit on 11-9-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I was considering Gary Johnson but that video was so annoying I'm rethinking my stance.
If he has to resort to that type of goofy 30 something, "oh were so hip" pandering; perhaps he isn't as viable as I once thought.

Perhaps I'll just write in RP anyway....

edit on 11-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I'm sure you support Ron Paul because of the real issues and not on-the-surface nonsense. The shallowness of this nation is killing us, Ron Paul supporters are more educated than that.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

True libertarians would be pro-choice...you cannot claim to be free market and then want to impose regulations on a medical procedure.

edit on 11-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Except he's pro choice and say's it.

2nd line

ETA: Clearly a weakling, however. Anyone that can be bullied into a corner like that isn't going to get the presidential vote. No matter. All things go on as they were scripted. Go back to sleep.
edit on 11-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yeah I watched the video. You should look to what I was replying to. Which was the poster who posted the video.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Yeah sorry about that, spoke. Didn't clue into that at first.

edit on 11-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I don't think he was bullied at all in that video. He stood firm and defended his position. The interviewer, at least to me, comes off like a complete idiot. In essence what the interviewer is saying is at the moment sperm reaches the egg, that fertilized egg is protected under the Constitution and Declaration of Independence... and that is what the Founders meant by "All Men are created equal".

In my opinion, it is a silly argument to make. The Founders did not think that way at all and the evidence to my statement lies with the fact that the Founders did not view Black Men as equals. They did not view Women as equals. So clearly the way we perceive the statement, "All Men are created equal" means something different today than it did in the 1700's. If we were to "update" the language to more PC terms for today it would read 'All People are created equal', which then brings up the argument of weather or not a fertilized egg is actually a person at the moment of conception. Really, in my opinion, the Interviewer is using circular logic. I think Gary Johnson handled it quite well.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I respectfully disagree on that point. A true libertarian would know that it is not the federal governments place to be pro choice or pro life. That is a personal matter.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't vote for him simply because I have a distrust of over achievers.
Irrational, maybe, but there ya go.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

A lot of the people who wanted to vote Ron Paul, who were thinking about going Libertarian, wouldn't go well with that. That's the only reason why I posted it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sorry, Ron Paul or nobody is pretty ignorant considering he's not running and GJ has very wonderful ideas...I think the good Dr. would even agree!...wait...Ron Paul said he has wonderful ideas!

From my research, the people in NM were freaking out about his policies and even claimed it would put thousands out on the streets. Well, that never happened...and they even re-elected him. A billion dollar surplus? Didn't think that was possible...but then again, I'm from Jersey which is as corrupt as our Federal Govt.

top topics

join