It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone 5: Built on Slavery?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Originally posted by longlostbrother

All I see is people worship Steve Jobs and this is the vulture-like cut throat business model that he used. This is how he made his billions. Slave labor. Steve Jobs was nothing more than a modern day slave master and, here's the kicker, he couldn't even donate a single cent to charity on his death bed. I don't even want to hear this "he made it himself he can do what he wants with it" because that's bull. He didn't make a dime. He used slaves to make his fortune. I hope to God he's burning in hell right now.

Go ahead and try and rid your house of things not made by slaves...

Then get off your high horse and realise Jobs simply did what every other manufacturer did.

You are right Jobs wasn't the only person to use this model, but it still doesn't make it any less disgusting. The fact is, we would have jobs in this country if there were restrictions placed on big business. Now what would you call shipping a nation's entire industry to a foreign nation? I'd call it treason. I think every single CEO of these corporations should be tried for treason. And then they should be tried for crimes against humanity.

America needs to stop worshiping big business and people like yourself need to stop defending scum like Jobs. If you honestly think that I'm on a high horse simply because I think slavery is wrong there is obviously something wrong going on in your head.

I think you're on a high horse, because you support slavery pretty much every time you buy something, and at the same time you wish a few random people would burn in hell... it's hugely hypocritical... see just how long you can buying only things made in first world countries... I would bet less than a week.

So, you're a hypocrite...

And you're gonna vote for a guy who thinks this "horrible evil monster" is his favourite businessman...

Because you are clueless...

I DON'T like or own Apple products, and I have boycotted companies like Nike for decades, because they use slaves... what have YOU actually done?

I mean, besides moan, and support politicians that idolise Jobs?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

reply to post by longlostbrother

Just because I support him doesn't mean I agree with every word that comes out of his mouth.

Ahh... I don't mind my Presidential candidate idolises Satan...

brilliant...

You understand that Libertarians would make THIS problem MUCH worse... by deregulating EVERYTHING, and ENCOURAGING slavery.

Here, the Libertarian Party wants to remove Child Labour Laws, making it MORE like China:

We oppose laws infringing on children's rights to work or learn, such as child labor laws and compulsory education laws.

www.dehnbase.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

All I see is people worship Steve Jobs and this is the vulture-like cut throat business model that he used. This is how he made his billions. Slave labor. Steve Jobs was nothing more than a modern day slave master and, here's the kicker, he couldn't even donate a single cent to charity on his death bed. I don't even want to hear this "he made it himself he can do what he wants with it" because that's bull. He didn't make a dime. He used slaves to make his fortune. I hope to God he's burning in hell right now.

Then get off your high horse and realise Jobs simply did what every other manufacturer did.

You are right Jobs wasn't the only person to use this model, but it still doesn't make it any less disgusting. The fact is, we would have jobs in this country if there were restrictions placed on big business. Now what would you call shipping a nation's entire industry to a foreign nation? I'd call it treason. I think every single CEO of these corporations should be tried for treason. And then they should be tried for crimes against humanity.

America needs to stop worshiping big business and people like yourself need to stop defending scum like Jobs. If you honestly think that I'm on a high horse simply because I think slavery is wrong there is obviously something wrong going on in your head.

I think you're on a high horse, because you support slavery pretty much every time you buy something, and at the same time you wish a few random people would burn in hell... it's hugely hypocritical... see just how long you can buying only things made in first world countries... I would bet less than a week.

And you're gonna vote for a guy who thinks this "horrible evil monster" is his favourite businessman...

I DON'T like or own Apple products, and I have boycotted companies like Nike for decades, because they use slaves... what have YOU actually done?

I'm a hypocrite because Gary Johnson said something nice about Steve Jobs but it's okay for you to boycott companies while defending the people running them. I'm on a high horse because you assume without any statement on my part that I purchase slave made products. I'm clueless because I have a link in my signature that doesn't involve Obama or Romney. Thank you for clearing that up. The clouds have parted and the glorious rays of logical sunlight have shined through.

I hope to God Steve Jobs is burning in hell. I do not wish a thing. Please do not twist my words. Now if you don't mind me I will continue on my evil business man rant because maybe if enough people speak up Americans might finally understand why they're sitting at home unemployed.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'm a hypocrite because Gary Johnson said something nice about Steve Jobs but it's okay for you to boycott companies while defending the people running them. I'm on a high horse because you assume without any statement on my part that I purchase slave made products. I'm clueless because I have a link in my signature that doesn't involve Obama or Romney. Thank you for clearing that up. The clouds have parted and the glorious rays of logical sunlight have shined through.

I hope to God Steve Jobs is burning in hell. I do not wish a thing. Please do not twist my words. Now if you don't mind me I will continue on my evil business man rant because maybe if enough people speak up Americans might finally understand why they're sitting at home unemployed.

How do I know you buy things made by slaves??

You're using a computer aren't you?

And Johnson didn't "say something nice" about jobs. He said he was his FAVOURITE American businessman.

Another person Gary Johnson, and most Libertarians like is Ayn Rand. Do you like Ayn Rand?

What does she think of charity?

My views on charity are very simple. I do not consider it a major virtue and, above all, I do not consider it a moral duty. There is nothing wrong in helping other people, if and when they are worthy of the help and you can afford to help them. I regard charity as a marginal issue. What I am fighting is the idea that charity is a moral duty and a primary virtue.

www.aynrand.org...

I suppose you want Rand to burn in hell as well... on that we agree.

Or is ok to idolise someone that thinks charity isn't important or moral, while cursing someone else to hell for not giving to charity?

Do you evern know what you believe?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You understand that Libertarians would make THIS problem MUCH worse... by deregulating EVERYTHING, and ENCOURAGING slavery.

Do you panic easily, or are you being incorrect on purpose?

Forcing the Gov to have less control and influence in the economy means that individual companies can thrive more easily without having to obey a certain set of rules.

But in order to do that, you don't need to ban the current anti-slavery laws. Much the opposite. If more freedom is given to economy, and the Gov has less influence in the matter, then the governmental agencies have moretime and more resources to control what actually needs to be controlled.

Like, for instance, the quality of the labor being used.

Another consequence of deregulating the whole process would be the return of a lot of industries to the U.S. for production. Do you believe you would have slave factories inside the U.S.? I don't.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
Do you believe you would have slave factories inside the U.S.? I don't.

We kinda already do. They're called prisons and we have the world's largest prison population. Just pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Do you panic easily, or are you being incorrect on purpose?

Forcing the Gov to have less control and influence in the economy means that individual companies can thrive more easily without having to obey a certain set of rules.

But in order to do that, you don't need to ban the current anti-slavery laws. Much the opposite. If more freedom is given to economy, and the Gov has less influence in the matter, then the governmental agencies have moretime and more resources to control what actually needs to be controlled.

Like, for instance, the quality of the labor being used.

Another consequence of deregulating the whole process would be the return of a lot of industries to the U.S. for production. Do you believe you would have slave factories inside the U.S.? I don't.

That's pretty much all BS.

Ifyou crack a history book, and look at why labour first organised, it was because corporations CHOSE to make labourers work in dangerous conditions. There was no government interference at all at that point, no labour laws to speak of and very marginal taxes.

And yet, we had:

Dangerous working conditions,
Child labour
Slave labour

You say you don't think there'd be slave labour in the US?

I guess your ideology doesn't call for you to learn history?

www.independent.co.uk...
www.nytimes.com...
www.antislavery.org...

You think that fewer regulation will make that go away?

Nonsense.

There's NO EXAMPLE in history or a correlation between deregulation and greater protection for workers... on the other hand, places like China, which have basically NO regulations to protect workers have tons of slave labour.

No regulations = slave labour
Regulations = less slave labour

Pretty basic stuff... unless you don't know history and extrapolate your beliefs from ideology.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Do you believe you would have slave factories inside the U.S.? I don't.

We kinda already do. They're called prisons and we have the world's largest prison population. Just pointing that out.

Not just in prisons... lot's of the food sold to you, made in the US, is produced with illegal labourers who don't get the protections Americans do... Libertarians would remove pretty much all worker protections...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I built this computer. I know where every part in it came from and who created them. No slaves were used.

I think charity should be optional... that's why you call it charity. I never said Jobs was burning in hell because he refused to give to charity. I said he was burning in hell because of the slave labor he used to acquire his wealth. Choosing not to donate to charity just adds to his greed.

Garrus summed up the rest rather well.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I built this computer. I know where every part in it came from and who created them. No slaves were used.

I think charity should be optional... that's why you call it charity. I never said Jobs was burning in hell because he refused to give to charity. I said he was burning in hell because of the slave labor he used to acquire his wealth. Choosing not to donate to charity just adds to his greed.

That's total BS. Why lie about that?

Who made the RAM?

Motherboard?

Fans?

Cables?

Go on.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsaddict

I like Apple products.

I mean, I'm no hipster but you know, they make good stuff.

THEY DON'T Samsung make the chips and screens for the Ipad and Apple has the cheek to sue them

Apple are the worst kind of company.

Watch this and see what a real A55HOLE Steve Jobs really was. FF to 5 mins and watch.

www.ted.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

Yes, but that isn't a job. That's a consequence of an aggressive police policy and laws that increased the inmate population, and amount of arrests.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Yes, but that isn't a job. That's a consequence of an aggressive police policy and laws that increased the inmate population, and amount of arrests.

Yeah, but by that definition no slave labour is a job... just building stuff for free because you have no choice...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Who made the RAM?

Motherboard?

Fans?

Cables?

Go on.

I'm really not going through every part of my computer to name brands. I can tell you that it's as American made as you can get. I support American business when I can. Sometimes you can't find something made here. It happens and there's nothing you can do about it. This isn't even the point though. It should be illegal to use slave labor or import products made by slave labor. In a free nation this should be common sense. In our nation it would bring employment back home.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

An aggressive police policy mixed with a for profit prison system with the world's highest inmate population. Call a spade a spade but it sure looks like slavery to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Who made the RAM?

Motherboard?

Fans?

Cables?

Go on.

I'm really not going through every part of my computer to name brands. I can tell you that it's as American made as you can get. I support American business when I can. Sometimes you can't find something made here. It happens and there's nothing you can do about it. This isn't even the point though. It should be illegal to use slave labor or import products made by slave labor. In a free nation this should be common sense. In our nation it would bring employment back home.

hahaha...

right, so you're just making it up then...

who made one thing... the fans... tell me who made those...

As for the whole, "it should be illegal to use slave labour" - d'uh!

But guess what, your boy Gary Johnson wants to lesson regulations, have no interest in stopping international trade with, say China, and is adamantly anti-minimum wage...

I KNOW you buy things made by slaves, so do you. That's reality.

That's why Johnson and pretty much everyone with their head screwed on doesn't hate Jobs, because they themselves are part of the problem... just like you.

But hey, guess what, unlike many of the companies you buy slave made products from, at least Apple kinda vaguely acknowledges this:

venturebeat.com...

Let's see if the manufacturers of all your computers parts also publish this sort of data.

Do you own a mobile phone?

A TV?

A microwave?

Anything electronic?

You certainly must.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
To be honest if you are bothered about this being a problem then make sure you stop buying main brands.

Slavery has been around for years and years and even today with all the modern advancements we still have to use slavery.

Why not replace this with machines

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

This may surprise you but I actually don't own many electronics. I used to own a cell phone until I learned that you can't turn the new ones off. So i stopped using cell phones. I used to watch the tv until I learned the tv could be watching me. Microwave... well, we all need to eat. But I do hate the microwaves that talk back to me. "cook popcorn" "did you say pizza" NO I SAID COOK POPCORN "cooking pizza" *microwave asplods

Seriously though, who else am I supposed to vote for? Obama signed the NDAA and Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I'm sure mr. big business there really knows what the common man has to go through on a daily basis and just can't wait to bring all those jobs back home that him and his buddies probably shipped over there to begin with. I said it before, just because I support the guy doesn't mean I agree with everything that comes out of his mouth. It's either Johnson or not vote.
edit on 11-9-2012 by TrueBlood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

. I used to watch the tv until I learned the tv could be watching me.

So how would that work?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

. I used to watch the tv until I learned the tv could be watching me.

So how would that work?

Is kinda like the Xbox thing yea? The Kinect? It has a camera in it and people actually pay to have a camera sit in their living room. I wonder who is on the other end of that there camera. Now I'm not going to rip apart the cable box because then they won't send me another ("yea i took yer cable box apart cuz I think yer watchin me") but I'm just saying that the technology is there to do it. Call me paranoid, but the last time I checked I can't even walk down the street without being on someone's camera.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join