It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupitor inpact An apparent object impact captured about 6:35 am on Sept. 10, 2012 from Dallas, Texas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well judging by the new thread about this subject, I guess many ATS'ers think this was fake. Really people? We've reached the point now where even amateur astronomers are being accused of faking their data and lying, and when you're that out of step with reality, no one can help you because you can simply assume them to be part of the conspiracy. This event was witnessed and reported by multiple amateurs. It's real, the object was small which is why it wasn't seen before, why it was a brief flash, and it was bright because it had a lot of potential energy when it hit Jupiter which was liberated as heat and light as it vaporized in about a second of time. That's all there is to it. Now that amateurs like me are so easily assumed to be lying, I'm done, that's too far off the deep end for me and it's kind of insulting. See ya.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Well judging by the new thread about this subject, I guess many ATS'ers think this was fake. Really people? We've reached the point now where even amateur astronomers are being accused of faking their data and lying, and when you're that out of step with reality, no one can help you because you can simply assume them to be part of the conspiracy. This event was witnessed and reported by multiple amateurs. It's real, the object was small which is why it wasn't seen before, why it was a brief flash, and it was bright because it had a lot of potential energy when it hit Jupiter which was liberated as heat and light as it vaporized in about a second of time. That's all there is to it. Now that amateurs like me are so easily assumed to be lying, I'm done, that's too far off the deep end for me and it's kind of insulting. See ya.

Wish I could give you more then one star.

You guy's are our last line of deffence. and eye's up their.
Without guy's like you thing would get prety one sided and dull quick.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm sure it was most likely an asteroid, but it does kind of look like there could have been an explosion underneath pushing the atmosphere out temporarily...

Clearer Video of Jupiter Impact
edit on 12-9-2012 by Necrosis because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join