56% of NYC Abortions ar Repeats

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

56% OF NYC ABORTIONS ARE REPEATS

www.breitbart.com

According to the Chairoscuro Foundation, New York City’s disastrous abortion rate – 41 percent of all pregnancies in the city end in abortion – is largely the result of repeat abortions. The highest rate of abortion in New York City is in the Manhattan Chelsea-Clinton neighborhood, where 67 percent of pregnancies in end in abortion.

Most shocking, in 2009, a full 56 percent of abortions were second abortions;

38 percent were paid for by Medicaid.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon Sep 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am physically sick after reading this....

This is what is wrong with our country.

In my opinion, abortion is NOT a form of birth control.

Use contraception, or face the consequences....

I can't believe my tax dollars fund this, God save this once great nation, please.

It is not a matter of "choice", in most instances, in some, yes, of course (incest or rape), but that % is WELL below what we see in NYC....

www.breitbart.com

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

I can't believe my tax dollars fund this, God save this once great nation, please.

www.breitbart.com

I have a BIG BIG problem with this myself.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
41% of all pregnancies result in an abortion?

Call me stupid, but that number seems absolutely outrageous!

Well, I guess the stats came from the NY dept. of Health.....so it's official.

But from the organizations website, there is a silver lining.

"We are glad that fewer abortions were performed in 2010, following a national trend over the past couple of decades, but obviously we would like to see much more significant progress moving forward," said Greg Pfundstein, Executive Director of the Chiaroscuro Foundation. "In parts of the city more than half of all pregnancies end in abortion - this is very, very disturbing."

NYC.gov PDF
edit on 10-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Which would you have a bigger issue with, paying a couple hundred dollars for a woman to have an abortion

or

Paying a hundred thousand dollars of welfare money for a woman to half-assed raise a child, and due to the neglect of the parents, that child end up with a mood disorder, being a disabled individual on the system the rest of their life?

People WILL make mistakes, and as our society provides assistance to those who have made mistakes, I choose to allow women to pick the out that ends in the least amount of cost for the rest of us.

Then again, I suppose that we could just stone any woman who wants to have an abortion to get them out of the picture permanently.

Edit: One more thing - removing the funding for sexual education in school, has led to a generation of women who have no clue what other forms of birth control are out there.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

S & F

This thread could get ugly.

I also have issues with my tax dollars being spent in this manner and esp by people who don't give a damn about whose paying for their poor judgement repeatedly. I have no problems with my Tax dollars being available to supply contraceptives. I know how that sounds but it would severely cut down on teen pregnancy and the spreading of STDs.

Kids having kids can and should be curtailed IMHO. If there are adults among those in the figures mentioned then education is in order. {Something their parents should have done instead of teaching them to be permanently welfare people on the dole} or shortchange their food-stamp/welfare illegibility or something but...

I guess you can't fix stupid

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just don't get, is it some big secret how babies are made?

I am 24 years old and I hate my generation. I'm honestly afraid to ask my girlfriend if she has ever had one because it may change my entire view on her.

Like said above, abortion is not a form of birth control. People need to start living with the consequences of their decisions.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Medicaid only covers abortion in cases of rape, incest, and life-endangerment.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

This may be why there is an increase in "rape" claims. AKA drunken regret.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteSpectralMirror
I just don't get, is it some big secret how babies are made?

I am 24 years old and I hate my generation. I'm honestly afraid to ask my girlfriend if she has ever had one because it may change my entire view on her.

Like said above, abortion is not a form of birth control. People need to start living with the consequences of their decisions.

You mean like living with the effects of having an abortion? Yeah, they do. I do love the idea that it is a shrug of the shoulders decision for most people. Downright silly. It is a decision that someone must live with for the rest of their lives.
And frankly, its THEIR business. No one else's.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Apparently not in NYC....

Abortion is an easy choice for people, because, first & foremost, they weren't aborted.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Contraceptives are not 100% effective. So unplanned pregnancies can and do happen all the time to very well-off people and educated folks as well. I think we only serve to push the issue into "class warfare" territory by taking a narrow-minded stance.

Also, kids are going to have sex no matter what. They have since the beginning of time and will till the end. It's not a matter of intellectual will, but an animal instinct inside us all. Sex is gonna happen. Nothing we can do about it.

Only 38% of the abortions were covered by medicare. Leaving the rest to take care of it themselves or other insurance coverage.......so I think your "foodstamp/welfare" comment may be irrelevant and does not properly label the majority of people having abortions in NYC.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteSpectralMirror
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

This may be why there is an increase in "rape" claims. AKA drunken regret.
Or it could be that women are less afraid than they used to be. You do realize that some estimates have over HALF of the rapes that occur in this country going unreported, right?

Nothing like some good old victim blame

But I digress.
edit on 10-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Apparently not in NYC....

Abortion is an easy choice for people, because, first & foremost, they weren't aborted.

An EASY choice?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Only 38% ?

This country sadly needs new leadership.

edit on 10-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I was speaking to the fact that the people not included in the 38% percent were not on Medicare. That means they have the resources to either pay for insurance or pay for the abortion itself.

That means that most abortions are done by those well-off enough to not qualify for government assistance.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
Which would you have a bigger issue with, paying a couple hundred dollars for a woman to have an abortion

or

Paying a hundred thousand dollars of welfare money for a woman to half-assed raise a child, and due to the neglect of the parents, that child end up with a mood disorder, being a disabled individual on the system the rest of their life?

I vote for C) None of the Above.

Our tax dollars should not be funding either side of this issue.

One more thing - removing the funding for sexual education in school, has led to a generation of women who have no clue what other forms of birth control are out there.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

You get no argument from me on that one! I live in an area where the general population believe abortion is murder and it is wrong. Day after day I see idiot kids who are going out and having kids. You can go to any nightclub in this area at 4am and find a Mother of four partying it up at the age of 22.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No state's medicaid coverage covers abortion except in the case of rape, incest, and life-endangerment to the mother. Rape claims have to have a police report. Now, someone could file a false claim of rape with the police, which involves a hospital rape kit and collecting semen/evidence, meaning you can't go in weeks/months after the fact and claim rape. Sure some out there might try it, but I don't think it's a significant number. Incest and life-endangering issues are medical decisions, from doctors who will work with social workers and the patients to make any abortion decisions.

Anyone claiming that Medicaid (i.e. your tax dollars) funds abortion outside of those conditions above, or especially implying it's some form of taxpayer-funded, after-the-fact birth control doesn't fly.

link   
Is it your womb getting scraped? No? Well, then, I suggest you just deal with it. It's not your call whether a woman can have an abortion, or many abortions. It makes you feel sick to your stomach? It makes me feel sick to my stomach that some people feel that they can dictate what any woman can do with her womb.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by americanwoman

www.breitbart.com

I have a BIG BIG problem with this myself.

What about the 50% of everyone's income tax that goes directly to black budget operations, including the unnecessary unwarranted murder of thousands of brown people overseas? Including children? Or how about all your tax dollars that are being wasted on prosecuting and incarcerating thousands and thousands of peace loving hippies that have never been a threat to anyone? I'm just scratching the surface when it comes to the evil things you think you are not spending money on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join