It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practically Perpetual motion machine via Superfluid helium fountain waterwheel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

The Higgs Boson in theory may help explain the state of the universe before the big bang. Thus helping our understanding of why the universe is the way it is. But I really don't think we should bring the Higgs field into the discussion...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

ya involving something mysterious unexplained nor founded into something theoritical kinda puts us in an endless loop of what ifs
edit on 9/10/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
reply to post by SpearMint

on that ideology of yours what did you think of this video

video.google.com...

Google Video Link

it was put up on ats some days ago, what is your opinion regarding this mans device? in that vid are many scientists getting up close and personal with the device and affirming it to be factual in function

I don't know much about it and I don't have time to watch the whole video, however it is very old which probably means it didn't come to fruition. I don't believe he made a machine that produced more energy than it used by itself, that energy needs to come from somewhere, that's basic physics.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

4:55 in "31 people with scientific backrounds have signed legal documents swearing to the machines validity" then after that "Roger Hastings, Ph.D Senior Physicist, Sperry Corp "The Newman Motor can now be made ready for practical use in commercial and home energy needs in the very near future""

thats alot of scientists who disagree with you, the mans entire claim is that it outputs more then is put into it, so its very validity hinges on this claim, and they all ascert it to be legitimate,

the mans explanation is not one of energy coming from nothing, but rather gravity pulling down the weigth of the device being its sorce, or as the man himself puts it at 4:00 it is "converting mass into energy on a 100% conversion process"
edit on 9/10/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

I had to make it about somthing interesting to myself, as the topic at hand is out the window, and most of the other threads up are yawn fests, also the T.V. is fail at the moment.

So what are your thoughts on the possibilty of harnessing the higgs field in a similar manner as the electron to achieve an antigravity/ reduced gravity effect?

It seems likely considering our other uses of the 3 fields we have discovered and all but mastered. Well maybe not actual antigravity, but at least a moderate to minimal reduction.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

to put that into perspective with the theoretical device of this thread the question is then what is causing the helium to fountain itself upward, will that source of energy deplete?

so long as it maintains its temperature it will not

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

This is the device that acomplishes cold fusion of copper dioxide if I recall correctly? Or no? I didn't watch the video, it sucks on the droid, and the roomies have the laptop.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I agree.And even if someone was able to somehow build a true perpetual motion machine,that person would soon thereafter meet with a mysteriuos,untimely death,and all their reseach would vanish.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I don't what all the perpetual motion is not possible hubub is about anyways. It has been shown. Superconductors as long as they are at the correct temp function indefinetly( perpetuum) gravity works indefinetly (perpetuum)

These 2 alone are proof of concept, not to mention the guy that made the perpetual pendulum, it lasts forever, with scheduled maintenence. There are many such examples. The guy that made the roller ball pendulum track that runs in perpetuum, all the mantenence reguired is reresining the magnets to the base plate every few years.

I could name several more but i t is pointless to argue with zealots, of science, religion etc. Nothing will change their set world view, just stop trying, it is only taking life you won't get back.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

No, 100 years ago flight was possible, 1 million years ago flight was possible, but we hadn't harnessed it.

Perpetual motion is impossible due to the laws of physics, more specifically, it violates the first and second laws of thermodynamics.

I'd say as we presently understand it, common perpetual motion machine designs seem impossible due to our understanding of physics.

BUT, not all designs have been thought of with all possible materials. If you maintain it's still impossible, you are limiting science. This is where science becomes religion. We know so little about physics including thermodynamics that it is more likely to say it is very possible a perpetual motion machine design that works will one day be found. The probabilities are more for it than against it. We simply only have a babies understanding of physics as a race right now. You can't use that as a measuring stick to make finite statements such as something is impossible. As far as we know, Nothing is impossible.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Is superfluid helium a legal substance? I was under the impression that helium is flammable...or is that only as a gas?

Other than that, sounds very viable. I wonder if anyone here will try to make one?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I just watched the whole video.

This has to be one of the most interesting videos on the web. Whatever happened to the inventor of this free-energy device Joseph Newman??

You could clearly pick up a sense of awe and disbelief in some of those scientist's faces after they conducted their experiments. I mean, that kind of emotion is genuine and - I would say - impossible to fake.

Just take a look at the free-energy machine towards the very end. The thing is crazy as hell.

Wow, this video deserves it's own thread (if there isn't already one I wouldn't be surprised).

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ALL scientiste of the time 100 years ago said flight was impossible, just the same as they say perpetual motion is impossible today,

Perpetual motion goes back a few hundred years now. The difference in the history of it and flight however, is that people are able to fly. There haven't been any perpetual motion machine that works. Because it's a failed concept.

It doesn't work.

Nuclear energy probably would have sounded more appealing to the initial investors who lost their money to a perpetual motion machine scam.....

Too bad they were hundreds of years off....

The history of perpetual motion machines dates back to the Middle Ages

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Perpetual motion is impossible.

Tell that to the planets in rotational motion around the sun for how many millions of years. /discussion

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Tell that to the planets in rotational motion around the sun for how many millions of years. /discussion

but calcuate the path of the planets for the next 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years and does it change by even the smallest degree?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Millions of years is not perpetual.

Definition of PERPETUAL

a : continuing forever : everlasting
b (1) : valid for all time (2) : holding (as an office) for life or for an unlimited time
: occurring continually : indefinitely long-continued
: blooming continuously throughout the season
— per·pet·u·al·ly adverb

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Definition of PERPETUAL

b (1) : valid for all time (2) : holding (as an office) for life or for an unlimited time
— per·pet·u·al·ly adverb

LOL
at orthodox academic cult worshipers idiotic attempts to try and deny the obvious by claiming some BS about millions of years not being perpetual. It is perpetual enough for hundreds of thousands of generations and you cultist cannot prove it will ever stop, Oh and do tell us if perpetual means valid for all time as your posted definition states when does time stop? Cultist fools are so proud of their ignorance and blind beliefs it is pathetic, so please just put a sock in it before you embarrass yourselves further...

Similar pea brain cultist believers were still claiming manned flight was impossible as the Wright brothers literally soared over their pin heads...

edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Similar pea brain cultist believers were still claiming manned flight was impossible as the Wright brothers literally soared over their pin heads...

In 1783, after a series of experiments, the brothers constructed a balloon large enough to carry two humans into the atmosphere, the first manned aircraft.

Read more: Aircraft - humans, body, used, water, process, Earth, law, type, form, reaction, gas, system, air, cause, surface, principle www.scienceclarified.com...#ixzz26D1g4uil

People were in the air long before the wright brothers.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Definition of PERPETUAL

— per·pet·u·al·ly adverb

Forever is a flawed concept anyway. There will never, Ever be a Forever. Therefore that definition is majorly flawed as it applies to perpetual motion machines.

A perpetual motion machine doesn't have to "last" forever, only ( who made up these silly rules - Oh yeah.. these are the silly things scientists say to dissuade people from trying to cut into their Corporate backed fossil fuel agenda )

To begin again, A perpetual motion machine doesn't have to "last" forever, It only has to create self sustaining motion. It is the act of being self sustaining that makes it perpetual. It has nothing to do with having to last forever.

Why would science think to debunk something that is supposed to last forever when forever isn't scientifically a valid concept to begin with - By saying the device is wrong because it will one day Break.. they wont. They are purposefully mishandling the situation to support their own agenda. They are using double speak.
edit on 11-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

In 1783, after a series of experiments, the brothers constructed a balloon large enough to carry two humans into the atmosphere, the first manned aircraft.

Read more: Aircraft - humans, body, used, water, process, Earth, law, type, form, reaction, gas, system, air, cause, surface, principle www.scienceclarified.com...#ixzz26D1g4uil

People were in the air long before the wright brothers.

Yeah and pin heads were still saying it was impossible... LOL! I love it when the cultists get so owned that they pull stuff out of their ass that is totally irrelevant and non germane to try and divert attention from their complete ownage.

We live on a perpetual motion machine and the pinheads are still claiming it is impossible. Some of you were probably the same people in previous lives who were still proclaming the world was flat decades after Columbus and those that went before him had proven otherwise...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join