It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Recognize 9/11 Cancer Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Feds Recognize 9/11 Cancer Link

www.nbcnewyork.com

The Zadroga Act — named after NYPD Detective James Zadroga, who died at 34 after working at ground zero — passed into law two years ago. Despite the hundreds of sick responders, the act did not cover cancer because of a supposed lack of scientific evidence linking cancer to ground zero toxins.

"We have urged from the very beginning that the decision whether or not to include cancer be based on science," said Mayor Bloomberg in a statement, adding that the decision "will continue to ensure that those who have become ill due to the heinous attacks on 9/11 get the medical care they need
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Remember, they said the air was safe to breathe. It begs the question how many cases of cancer amongst other things, could have been prevented if the Inept Federal Government of the United States had not told those men and women it was safe to breathe the air at ground zero.

At almost 11 years later they now finally admit they were wrong, but many first responders of 9/11 STILL have not gotten their medical needs taken care of

www.nbcnewyork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

"The fact is, the government has turned their back for 11 years now," he said. "I saw no politicians digging on the pile. If you saw a politician that was sick or on the pile, or their kid was sick or on the pile, this would have been solved months ago."

I agree, the gov't just ignores and generates disinformation all the time. "The air is safe to breathe" yet just now, in 2012, did they announce it. I bet they knew about this for years now.

With cancer included in the program more victims are likely to seek compensation, which could cause individual awards to be reduced as officials divide up the $2.77 billion fund.

Hopefully they get at least that...

-SAP-

edit on 10-9-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

How could they say the air was safe to breathe ? Those buildings contained Asbestos .
I have read where the NY Port Authority applied for a PERMIT to demolish the WTC twice and was turned down because of the contamination . The NY Port Authority some how took over ownership of the WTC and wanted to get rid of the Asbestos bleeding liabilities of those white elephants . The reported cost of taking down the buildings by dismantling them was 15 billion dollars with no asbestos plume . The cost of using a surficant to seal the asbestos was 200,000,000 dollars . They knew asbestos was in the pile of debris and in the collapse plume that everybody in the area breathed at the time of the collapse .

top topics

join