Sleep Paralysis: Can it have a demonic aspect to it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i ask this because both times i had sp the symptoms were the same, couldn't speak, couldnt move not even a finger only my eyes, i was conscious i'm sure of it. i was laying on my stomach and i felt something jumping on my back, something unknown and evil that caused me great fear and a feeling of hopelessness

i had to pray to god mentally (because i couldn't speak or scream) and the thing whatever it was left me alone. There was an evil presence in the room with me of that im certain. It wasn't hypnagogic hallucinations.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-9-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
No. Its chemical.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
No. Its chemical.

chemical? how?

i felt something jumping on my back and pressure, it was totally real to me. also why did it stopped when i prayed for god on my mind? coincidence?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Simple, your body started reacting to stymulus before the paralysis wore off. Its not exactly an unknown phenomenon. Neither are strange halucinations during this period.

Theres no such thing as demons.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I have experienced Sleep Paralysis many many times in my life. It started when i was a young child and continues to this day, as recently as last week. It is never a pleasant experience and there is always the "Presence" in the room. For me, it is always on my right side just out of reach. I've experienced this presence so many times that I've decided to turn my fear into anger and try to fight it. (sounds silly, i know). The one time that I was able to break free from the paralysis (just my right arm), i struck out to the side of my bed, where my hand was caught at the wrist by the presence. The paralysis gave way and i bolted straight out of bed. Crazy stuff.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't know what sleep paralysis is but if you concentrate hard enough you can move and will come out of it. You have to start with your arm or leg and try real hard to flex it. It's like being in some kind of super tar like substance at first but then you'll start to slowly move and then wake up out of it.

Even though it doesn't feel like it you still have control.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's been said that that's just a person waking up during an out of body experience. The feeling of something pressing you down is you returning to the body basically.

That is, IF one believes in that.
There is a mechanism that keeps you from sleepwalking and moving while having an obe (or astral travel) and usually you just slip back in once you're done. OR you do that little hard jerk now and then in your sleep; that's another supposed sign of the body returning.

Again, IF one believes in that.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

The theories about sleep paralysis make total since to me. Its the "presence" that doesn't make since to me. What stimulus would cause the sensation the OP wrote about?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Texan123

Wikipedia ---> Sleep paralysis

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

When you let your own fear dominate and drive you, it can manifest itself in a multitude of ways.

I have had sleep paralysis off and on (everyone does every night, but only sometimes do we remember), and Ive never become afraid of it, thus nothing manifests out of the fear because there is no fear to manifest from.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Sleep paralysis is the mechanism that keeps people from sleepwalking. Everyone, that is, most people have this mechanism. Its when you wake up while still paralyzed that the problems start. Unlike the OP, my eyes are always closed...which adds to the fear.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I hear ya, but for me it is a profound fear.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
sure the hell can n it sure the hell does.... its more like being petrified

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have had experiences common to what you went through and I had people tell me it had to be SP.It was black, with no ears and bald,.long skinny arms and neck. As it leaned over me though it opened its mouth real wide ( like a snake unhinging its mouth to eat) and put its mouth over mine suffocating me. As soon as that happened i heard a metallic screeching sound. But, I truly believe that it was demonic because I also told it to go in the name of Jesus,in my mind because I couldn't talk. It left immediately. I could feel evil in my room. My husband ended up seeing a shadow man in the corner of our room as soon as we got in bed just a few days after that. He told it to get out loud and it left.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
can it be that while being paralyzed we are in contact with other dimensions / beings?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender Ace

Man, thanks for that post..I would have never thought of that.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30

Originally posted by quackers
No. Its chemical.

chemical? how?

i felt something jumping on my back and pressure, it was totally real to me. also why did it stopped when i prayed for god on my mind? coincidence?

You assign your own power to an abstract external thing you refer to as "god", and when you called on this "god", you invoked your own power to defeat your own fear.

Or you simply woke up enough and the chemicals metabolized away.

No demon was jumping on your back, except the one/s you hold close to you at all times.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Interestingly, I just had sleep paralysis this early evening while lying down. I was trying to wake up from a secondary dream into a primary dream that I thought was the "real" world, but unfortunately ended up cancelling both dreams.

If I hadnt been slightly disoriented to which reality was my "base" reality, I could have used that sleep paralysis for an attempt at astral projection. Thats another thing; sleep paralysis isnt something to be feared... its an opportunity to be capitalized upon!
edit on 9/10/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You may want to take notice of your sleep arrangements, sleep patterns or environment factors that could trigger SP episodes. Unusual or abnormal sleep behavior can increase SP in some people IMO.. When I was a teen I was trying to lucid dream by following a technique to wake and fall back asleep and this somehow triggered a horrific SP. I slept with the light on for weeks and never tried to manipulate my sleeping patterns again and luckily it has never happened again. Someone I know tends to have them when they wake suddenly from REM and immediately fall back asleep. Everyone is different though.

BTW.. Many people who have SP report demonic-like experiences - such as the sense that an evil/malicious being or dark presence is close by and observing, touching, attacking or trying to possess the person..
edit on 10-9-2012 by matito because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Almost every instance of sleep paralysis is biological. I will not hazard a numerical value for how small a number of paranormal-induced sleep paralysis incidents, but it would most likely be less than a percent.

It might be a frightening experience, but it is a natural one. The commonest explanation for it that I have come across is this: when you sleep, your brain basically shuts down voluntary movement, possibly so that you do not injure yourself while dreaming, though the exact purpose of this process has not been determined. Normally, this happens as you become unconscious for sleep, and reverses as you regain consciousness while waking. Occasionally, you awaken faster than you regain control over your body, and because you're still technically asleep, you can have some pretty wild hallucinations.

The demonic is very real, but also very rare. If you cannot discern whether or not your instance of sleep paralysis are paranormal in nature, then you are probably not capable of doing anything that would piss off a demon or an occultist to the point of having the hurt put on you. No offense. It isn't a crime to have a normal, paranormal-free life. You should not go looking for this kind of thing.
edit on 10-9-2012 by lycosa because: (no reason given)
edit on 10-9-2012 by lycosa because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join