It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15% of Ohio Republicans Credit Romney, Not Obama, for Killing Osama Bin Laden

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
The navy seals "killed Osama bin" nobody else helped. the credit goes to the people who risked their lives not their political careers. This discussion is a waste of time

Yeah it is a nice "hero story", isn't it. Navy seals saving the U S A, killing the the bad guy. Hallelujah!

Only problem is that there is still NO PROOF, that they killed Bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Well almost all Democrats believe Romney is to blame for the economy, when Obama has been in charge since 009 and Democrats since 2006. There is also a poll done years ago that showed 60% or more Democrats believe Bush was behind 9/11.

Please do provide the source of this supposed poll. And as Romney was head of a vulture capital company that liquidated companies and hence got rid of jobs, he is, in part, responsible for the current bad economy. But more to the point, he is for the same failed tax cuts and deregulation policies of Republicans that got us into this mess in the first place. So, although he wasn't by any means the prime cause of the US's economic problems, his tired, proven wrong, "solutions" will just make things worse. That is what Democrats are mainly saying.

But as usual, Republicans/conservatives need to twist the truth, if no outright lie, in order to make their case. Very Bush league.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by RealSpoke

47% said they were unsure if it were Romney Or Obama
15% said Obama

Contrary to the opinion of most non Republicans here at ATS, yourself included, those results also show that a large percentage of Republicans are, indeed, NOT RACIST.

Now I have a question:
Who is more responsible for the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, Mr. Obama or Mr. Romney?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 11-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

Huh? How did the poll results show that Republicans were or were not racist?

As for the border agent, was he killed by guns that the ATF let through when Bush or Obama was president? You don't even know the appropriate question to ask. But I wouldn't expect anything more of a conservative or Republican.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by BenReclused

What does racism or Fast and Furious have to do with this?

One minute we're talking about some stupid polling numbers, and now it somehow proves Republicans are not racist?

What?

And what does FandF have to do with stupid people thinking Romney killed OBL, nor Obama?

Arggggggg....like I said before, even people on ATS can be completely devoid of intellectual prowess.

It's the only way people who can't win an argument with facts can make their case: they prevaricate, obfuscate and equivocate. It's their bread and butter.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
You know what ... I edited it out.
Nevermind. I'm not in the mood to discuss this ...

edit on 9/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

No, that's not so stupid. Considering I don't support Mr. Obama, and the fact that I'm White, I MUST BE one of those racists.

Why? Obama is white.
edit on 12-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Why?:
You told me I was! You tend to post a lot of crap like this:

The USA is still 70% white. There's more than enough angry White men to go around....for a few decades at least. Once the baby boomers die maybe the country can progress a little bit.

Why did he say "angry white guy"?, we all know that means racist white guys.

Source
That seems a bit racist to me, but hell fire, we all know that only White people can be racist.

Obama is white:
Though you are half correct, you'd better keep that "under your hat". Most of our "super intelligent" Obama supporters still seem to believe that he is either Black or African American. I'm sure we would both hate to ruin their euphoria!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 12-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This would seem to suggest that 15% of the population there doesn't even know who the President is at the moment. They are so easily confused by a candidate? Yikes.... Please, someone assure me they DO NOT vote. There really is a limit to how far the 'get out the vote' thing ought to go. Personally, I think it's a good thing if people need to expend a little effort for it. After all, I'm sure at least 15% won't be willing to do the little it does take and thank goodness after hearing this.

Not 15% of the population! The poll was taken among Ohio Republicans! Wow, you must be one of those Chicago students with below average reading skills. Either that or you're just as willing as those idiot republicans in Ohio, who seem to be eager to create their own alternate reality in order to convince themselves that they're right about the candidates.

F&S to RealSpoke for one fine OP and exposing the willful ignorance of the GOP.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Many polls are done with populations of roughly this size. So are you claiming most all polls are worthless? If that's the case, then both Republicans and Democrats waste a lot of money on poll research -- not to mention businesses making use of marketing research polling.

That's your argument? Triple meh!

Here is a much better one:

This is amusing, but no one should take it particularly seriously. Significant percentages of Americans claim to believe all sorts of crazy things, and it's possible that a large percentage of the people who told PPP that Romney deserves credit for the bin Laden raid simply wanted to say eff-you to the president.

The poll didn't offer an option for "the Navy SEALs" or "the troops," who undoubtedly would have blown out Romney and Obama if they were options.

Source

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yes, it would have been much better if Bill Clinton had gotten rid of OBL

I agree! If doing the job that he was elected to do had been higher on his priority list than Monica was, he very well may have.

the Republicans were doing everything they could to derail is presidency, including impeaching him for lying about some hanky-panky with an intern. Whose fault is that? Uhhhh.....THE REPUBLICANS.

Nonsense! It was Bill's fault that he couldn't keep his pecker in his pants. The Republicans had nothing to do with that!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

How did the poll results show that Republicans were or were not racist?

That has already been explained here.

As for the border agent, was he killed by guns that the ATF let through when Bush or Obama was president?

The two AKs found at the site were traced to "Fast and Furious", so it's most likely the he was killed by a gun "let through" during Mr. Obama's administration.

But I wouldn't expect anything more of a conservative or Republican.

That's fine, I don't expect much from those that worship "RealSpoke" either.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The poll was taken among Ohio Republicans!

No it wasn't! Of those that participated in the poll, 41% were Democrats, 37% were Republicans, and 22% were Independent/Other.

Your education doesn't seem any better than you claimed Wrabbit2000's was!

F&S to RealSpoke for one fine OP and exposing the willful ignorance of the GOP.

Thank you for exposing your ignorance.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 12-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can't believe people actually believe that we killed OBL last year!

C'mon, even the "SEAL" flatly said they didn't recognize the target. That's because OBL has been dead for 10 years, they killed somebody, we said we ID-ed that somebody as OBL and then dumped the body in the drink so it couldn't be called shenanigans.

Derek

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
I can't believe people actually believe that we killed OBL last year!

C'mon, even the "SEAL" flatly said they didn't recognize the target. That's because OBL has been dead for 10 years, they killed somebody, we said we ID-ed that somebody as OBL and then dumped the body in the drink so it couldn't be called shenanigans.

Derek

I do not believe that's why I put quotations around killed osama bin. Anyway it doesn't matter my response is correct obama is like a boss who takes credit for other peoples work.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

What is racist about that? There are a ton of angry white people to go around for the GOP to target and even create, for a few decades at least. I was just elaborating on what Lindsey Graham said.

Sen. Lindsey Graham Says Republicans ‘Not Generating Enough Angry White Guys’

“The demographics race we’re losing badly [sic],” the senior senator from South Carolina explained. “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.

Mad?

Most of our "super intelligent" Obama supporters still seem to believe that he is either Black or African America

Obama is black.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

What is racist about that? There are a ton of angry white people to go around for the GOP to target and even create, for a few decades at least. I was just elaborating on what Lindsey Graham said.

Sen. Lindsey Graham Says Republicans ‘Not Generating Enough Angry White Guys’

“The demographics race we’re losing badly [sic],” the senior senator from South Carolina explained. “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.

Mad?

Most of our "super intelligent" Obama supporters still seem to believe that he is either Black or African America

Obama is black.

Don't play coy with me! You know damn good and well that I was referring to your comments:

The USA is still 70% white. There's more than enough angry White men to go around....for a few decades at least. Once the baby boomers die maybe the country can progress a little bit.

Why did he say "angry white guy"?, we all know that means racist white guys.

Source
Only an angry racist would write such crap! If I had written something similar about Blacks, we both know you would have went screaming to the mods.

Obama is black.

Once again you are only half correct, but at least that will keep those "super intelligent" Obama supporters happy.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You know what ... I edited it out.
Nevermind. I'm not in the mood to discuss this ...

edit on 9/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Would your desire not to want to discuss this issue any more be, perchance, because you haven't a leg to stand on in this argument? In a standard political poll conservatives showed themselves to be ignorant, stupid and/or dogmatic. End of story.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I'm not sure that the approach you take to other posters will win you many friends or converts, but that may not be your goal. Oh, well to each his own, I suppose.

As far as "not having a leg to stand on," I think you misinterpret her objections. For example, here's an interesting article that looks at this study and some othere related to it:
www.straightdope.com...

Allow me to quote the final three, summary paragraphs.

To get to the bottom of things, I had my assistant Una dump McDaniel’s state IQ numbers into a spreadsheet, weight them by population, and then divide them into three groups: red for states consistently choosing Republicans in the last three presidential elections; blue for always voting Democratic; and purple for swing states.

Result: average IQ for red states vs. blue states was essentially the same (red 99, blue 99.5). Conclusions: Are liberals smarter than conservatives? Some social scientists sure think so. Are blue states smarter than red states? Sadly for us cyanophiles, no.

But here's the most significant data point, I think: in the purple states — the ones that swung back and forth — the average IQ according to Una's spreadsheet was 100.9, appreciably above that for either the blue states or red states. In other words — and this has the shock of truth — the people in the purple states weren't rigidly liberal or conservative, but rather had enough on the ball to consider the choices before them and occasionally change their minds.

I suspect that the reason she left the thread was that it was becoming mindless and abusive.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

FAKE.

How do we even know that we "killed" CIA asset Bin Laden?

Where is the body?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Bahahahaha. I would have said anyone other than Obama. Obama did not kill Bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And tell me what is racist about that? You didn't answer the question the first time around. The GOP has a large portion of angry white men. Get over it, Graham admitted Republicans actively try to create them. All republicans do is cry and deny reality, like you are doing right now.

If I had written something similar about Blacks

Nope. If you said the same thing about a relevant racist black group then it would make sense. New Black Panther Party = full of angry black people.

Why you so race obsessed bro? You took a poll on republican intelligence and warped into something about race.

edit on 13-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join