It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Poisoned World ~ Why The illuminati killed Bruce Lee

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by choos
reply to post by PhoenixOD

your theory just doesnt fit together though.. when he reached the US he was persuing a martial arts career and not a movie career. he had one or two schools opened already by the time he took the role as kato.

he also lasted, at the most, 20-25 mins, one on one against wong jack man. this just doesnt show what you are saying that he had very little skill.

But Bruce was already an actor before he got to the US. He did a lot more acting in non fighting roles (combined stage and screen) than he did fighting roles. When he got to the US he was just looking for ways to make money.

He was without a doubt Crown Colony Cha-Cha Champion in 1958 a year after this bit of film.

Its really hard to know for sure what went on with the wong jack man fight as there are so many conflicting stories.

edit on 21-9-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

But Bruce was already an actor before he got to the US. He did a lot more acting in non fighting roles (combined stage and screen) than he did fighting roles. When he got to the US he was just looking for ways to make money.

yes acting in a different country.. he was unknown when he got to the US. where did he get his respect from? why was he offered a demo role at the karate championships where he was first spotted for his movie roles in the US?

Its really hard to know for sure what went on with the wong jack man fight as there are so many conflicting stories.

and thats why im not taking into account of Lee's side of the story and only what wong jack man claims..20-25 mins is a long time.. so at the very least he was on par with him.. and this does not show that bruce lee had very little skill.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Man interesting thread. Let me give my humble opinions.

The one inch punch. It's not a parlor trick or stunt only to be used in movies. It works just fine in a fight. The one inch punch is not delivered like when its shown for demonstration. The one inch punch is shown to demonstrate how a major branch of southern Kung fu develops what's known as short or shock power . It's critical for their method of infighting. The parent system chu gar broke up into several branches that still rely on this theory of striking power generation. Wing chun, li gar, mok gar, long ying, bak Mei, beggars fist and chunks of white crane will all be able to demonstrate its realistic combat applications. If you think yip man was theboss check out bakmei's Chung lai chuan.

As for dimmak. Doubt dim Mak got Bruce. Real dim Mak takes some degree of force to transfer the power that will event silly disrupt the organs it's more closely related to reverse CPR than kill bill. Want to hear about a guy who could and did aply dim Mak in bouts then research a guy bagua players refers to as 9 day ma. They called him that because he used a technique that would destroy certain organs from the hydrostatic shock and the victim would usually fiefdom organ failure 9 days later.

I thought the lawsuit between jkd and jeet kuen do was steepen the china town jkd and the rest of the guys teaching jkd. Chinatown jkd guys learned the method first from Bruce but it was closer to Bruce's jun fan chuan fa and not what eventually turned into modern jkd. Bruce would have been happy with Danny's inclusion of Arnis, panutukan, Kali and Silat. Bruce was adding western boxing angles and footwork, shoot wrestling that he learned from gene labelle after gene quickly humbled Bruce in a friendly sparring match. Why do you think Bruce added that scene in the beginning of enter the dragon. To demonstrate what he was learning about martial arts and to reflect important developments in his jkd.

As for Bruce being able to fight. Sure he was alright. Not the best but not bad either. Part of the reason he started to learn wing chun was because some wing chun players were making a name for themselves in hong kong. At the time Bruce was getting his ass kickedby choi li fut fighters. So he went to learn wing chun to try and get an edge. Good thing he never messed with the hung gar fighters they would have eaten him for breakfast.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by choos

yes acting in a different country.. he was unknown when he got to the US. where did he get his respect from? why was he offered a demo role at the karate championships where he was first spotted for his movie roles in the US?

and thats why im not taking into account of Lee's side of the story and only what wong jack man claims..20-25 mins is a long time.. so at the very least he was on par with him.. and this does not show that bruce lee had very little skill.

He was demonstrating a style that was little known in the us at the time. One thing that Bruce had a lot of was confidence. Some people might call it total arrogance to be demonstrating techniques of a style that he didnt even get to the equivalent of a black belt of back at home.

This is from wiki , though to be honest wiki is not a very reliable source of info for Bruce

In March 1961, Lee enrolled at the University of Washington, majoring in drama according to the university's alumni association information,not in philosophy as claimed by Lee himself and many others. Lee also studied philosophy, psychology, and various other subjects

So he was still looking to continue drama or acting.

I agree Bruce must have had some skill, anyone who trains wing chun for any length of time even if they didnt get very far with it will pick up some moves. But does that make you a great martial artist with a lot of skill?

Its a real shame that Bruce declined wong jack man's offer for a public match after he published his account of the fight. Who wouldnt have loved to have seen that fight?

Dont get me wrong , i dont hate Bruce. I think he was a great guy who achieved many things, maybe a little bit to over confident but a lot of actors are. I just disagree with the myth that people have built up around him just so they can profit from him after his death. Like ive said more than once Bruce never claimed to be a really great martial artist.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Man interesting thread. Let me give my humble opinions.

The one inch punch. It's not a parlor trick or stunt only to be used in movies. It works just fine in a fight. The one inch punch is not delivered like when its shown for demonstration. The one inch punch is shown to demonstrate how a major branch of southern Kung fu develops what's known as short or shock power . It's critical for their method of infighting. The parent system chu gar broke up into several branches that still rely on this theory of striking power generation. Wing chun, li gar, mok gar, long ying, bak Mei, beggars fist and chunks of white crane will all be able to demonstrate its realistic combat applications. If you think yip man was theboss check out bakmei's Chung lai chuan.

As for dimmak. Doubt dim Mak got Bruce. Real dim Mak takes some degree of force to transfer the power that will event silly disrupt the organs it's more closely related to reverse CPR than kill bill. Want to hear about a guy who could and did aply dim Mak in bouts then research a guy bagua players refers to as 9 day ma. They called him that because he used a technique that would destroy certain organs from the hydrostatic shock and the victim would usually fiefdom organ failure 9 days later.

I thought the lawsuit between jkd and jeet kuen do was steepen the china town jkd and the rest of the guys teaching jkd. Chinatown jkd guys learned the method first from Bruce but it was closer to Bruce's jun fan chuan fa and not what eventually turned into modern jkd. Bruce would have been happy with Danny's inclusion of Arnis, panutukan, Kali and Silat. Bruce was adding western boxing angles and footwork, shoot wrestling that he learned from gene labelle after gene quickly humbled Bruce in a friendly sparring match. Why do you think Bruce added that scene in the beginning of enter the dragon. To demonstrate what he was learning about martial arts and to reflect important developments in his jkd.

As for Bruce being able to fight. Sure he was alright. Not the best but not bad either. Part of the reason he started to learn wing chun was because some wing chun players were making a name for themselves in hong kong. At the time Bruce was getting his ass kickedby choi li fut fighters. So he went to learn wing chun to try and get an edge. Good thing he never messed with the hung gar fighters they would have eaten him for breakfast.

Nice post, you certainly know what you are talking about. Star for you

My Wing Chun teacher used to rave on about how good hung gar was as well. Thats a style i haven't heard about for ages
We also used to do parts of Xing Yi , Pa kua from time to time.

I didnt mean the one inch punch was a trick just to be used in movies. Short strikes can be very effective indeed and like you say are part of many older systems. But Bruce's demonstrations of it with the use of a chair behind the person he was striking was IMO overly dramatized. Push anyone backwards into a chair and they will sit down in it rather than fall over it. If the chair wasn't there then they would just probably step back a bit with the force. Because at the end of the day why use a chair in a martial arts demonstration when there are crash mats all around. It gives the illusion of someone being knocked down.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

He loved the idea of being an american movie star, that doesn't mean anything other than he had dreams other than the stereotyping in hollywood at the time, he was also studying martial arts and the wiki article above states he didn't and did study philosophy, so you can't really go by that quote.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Jay-morris

None of your opinions or excuses change any of the facts i have presented. Its obvious you really really like the guy and are blinded by the spin. In fact the way you use names like JKD instead of jeet kune do (the two are not the same , JKD was made up by one of his ex-students after he died and after a court battle to stop him using the name Jeet Kune Do) do clearly shows you don't actually know what you are talking about.

Thanks for your opinions though these are all the types of profit driven spin i was talking about. In fact a lot of what you have said confirms what i was saying.

Bruce didnt have to get any belts he was just great and above that..

Bruce didnt have to prove he was a great fighter by competing he was amazing and above that...

etc , etc

Bruce never said he was one of the greatest martial artist but lots of people who were after money did when he died...and then came up with a reason why Bruce never claimed this.

With replies by you like , your talking BS , ideas are rubbish, lies , stupid etc there's really no point in continuing an adult like discussion with you. So good luck with what you want to believe i hope it makes you happy in life.

LOL

You just dogded all of my anwers i gave you. Almost everything you said was BS, and i addressed that, and you ignored!

Oh, and while i am a huge bruce lee fan, i don't claim he was the hardest man ever, i don't claim he could never be beaten. All you have to do is read or watch interviews on martial artists such as chuck norris, and it becomes clear that bruce lee had a wealth of knowledge on martial arts, unless you think all these people are lying.

You say he had little martial arts skill, but people like chuck and joes lewis, to name a few, has all stated they learned alot from bruce, and would train for hours, something else you ignored!

It is very clear you know little to nothing about bruce lee, and your so called research is BS.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I agree the wiki article is all over the place with claims both sides of the table.

Its interesting to note that the Bruce Lee page on wiki is one of the few pages on wiki that people are no long allowed to edit. If you want to add on change anything you have to submit a request. For the longest time they had a list of claims of his physical feats and they were presenting them as facts. Finally it seems they have put a note in saying they are "This section relies largely or entirely upon a single source" which was John Little. Though ive never seen a documentary on Bruce that doesnt just quote them as facts.

I agree he hated the Chinese stereotyping that went on in Hollywood at the time. There used to be a video on either youtube or google videos that had a recording of him completely freaking out over the phone at a producer about being continuously put into stereotyped roles. But i cant find it any more.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its funny that there's at least 4 different versions of Bruce Lee's life that poeple are certain of. The man was an enigma. I can't claim to know the whole truth. But I will stick with what inspires me.

How exectly he died who knows, but there were many reasons for sad pathetic people to want him dead. He was revolutionary. The illuminati could have been the embodiment of his family curse.

Reasons to want Lee Jun Fan dead......

~Bruce studied Tai Chi as a child. Chi can heal and can make any martial art much more powerful. In old China they began to teach tai chi backwards. Focusing on the external movements and ignoring internal manifestation of chi energy. This was done intentialy to keep the secrets from outsiders. This is still the way it's taught today. If the general public were to use chi correctly it would change the world dramaticly.

~Jeet Kun Do was a revolutionary idea. Even if it was "only a movie style martial art" which it is not, it's a game changer. Like Mixed Martial Arts, it's an idea. There is no one school of MMA. But it is very real, and if you do not use it in the UFC... you loose.

~He was bringing races and countries together, The "man" hates that. They have to divide before the conquer. He had a white wife and black students. We can't have unity now can we?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I don't think there is any conspiracy, but I think it's weird that when the "fixed" enter the dragon they made a scene where lees character is shot in the movie (filming a movie in the movie - scene within a scene) where the killer replaces a blank in a gun with a real bullet. This is how the explain the change in the face in the plot which they had to add because lee died before the movie was complete. THEN Lee's son Brandon actually died tha way for real fimling the crow years later.

So the fake obscure method of assassination used to kill lees character in enter the dragon (something they had to do because lee died before the filmm was finished) was the actual way his son died making a film he didn't get to finish years later. Brandon lee was killed when a wad stuck in the barrel of a blank gun on set that was used later and killed him. That's the craziest coincidence I've ever seen.

I know that was a complex less than articulate explanationn, but its just so damn crazy.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Okay now that my view of Bruce Lee has been revised...Damn it! You want to finish me off with Crushing my other hero...Chuck Norris?

For the record let me just say that these actors walk the talk...I believe that they did what they said and said what they did...in other words what I'm trying to say is they live or lived what they preached and I can respect that.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nice that you guys mix in some xingyi. Study it and practice with some friends every now and then. It's a good addition to wing chun. Both linear. Both control the center line. But you gotta love xingyis power and simplicity. It looks strange but man does splitting fist work wonders in a fight. I like. Ingyi because it's aggressive, takes control, and doesn't rely on bridging technique combine that with wing chun bridging and you got a great combo.

I like jkd. But I personally think al decascos wun hop kuen do is better. It's like a kajukembo, Kali, Kung fu, jujitsu hybrid. Sparred with some of his top students and got my ass kicked. I think it works better because of the emphasis on Silat/ Kali footwork and dumog. But jkd is the bomb too.

As for Bruce. He was a human. Flaws and all. A womanizer a narcissist and a little it insecure hence the bravado. I say that his greatest accomplishment was philosophical in the relm of martial arts.

He wasn't a bad guy. Most of his friends say that he ment well. But they also that he had a very short temper and could lose control and respond violently. Not very Kung fu like to me. Respect the man for what he did but don't build a shrine for him.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

As for Bruce. He was a human. Flaws and all. A womanizer a narcissist and a little it insecure hence the bravado. I say that his greatest accomplishment was philosophical in the relm of martial arts.

He wasn't a bad guy. Most of his friends say that he ment well. But they also that he had a very short temper and could lose control and respond violently. Not very Kung fu like to me. Respect the man for what he did but don't build a shrine for him.

Totally agree, he inspired may generations to get into martial arts.

I have not heard of Wun Hop Kuen Do before though we did used to touch on some Kali every now and then. Just looking at some Kajukenbo Wun Hop Kuen Do. Al Dacascos now, looks pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Al is interesting. Nice guy too. Sparred some of his Personal students and man did they have the art down. Blinding efficiency in some of the stuff. A lot of Kung fu and Kali influence. Check out one of his students terry faircloth. He's a machine.

I've noticed a lot of people romanticize martial arts. That's cool but one must keep perspective. There are no tricks to fighting just developed skill from exPerience. Bruce growing up fought only other street punks that had intermediary training. When he fought against pros and experts like gene labelle his Perspective changed to meet the realities of fighting a little more. I used to think I could kick ass cause I did well in street fights. Then one day I sparred in a friendly way bare knuckled an expert. He broke my shoulder in the match. In return after my shoulder liginents healed 18 months later I approached him and asked to be his student. From then on I too started to think a little more pragmatically when approaching the idea of fighting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join