It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Poisoned World ~ Why The illuminati killed Bruce Lee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by BIHOTZ

He never sought accreditation. He was really against it. It would have been worthless to him to have a plaque, belt or title. He wanted to teach...`period.

If he had been accredited he would have been given a high rank.

This is the sort of excuses or 'spin' that i have mentioned. When i used to do Wing Chun they would hold Bruce up as an example of how NOT to do things.

Bruce had a bit of a problem with seeing things through to the end. Many things in his life were left unfinished , his training , his schooling and many film projects.

Yes, what you have mentioned. It doesn't mean that it is true. You speak like you are an over-riding authority because you have 'researched' this. That is fine if you want to think like that but accept to be challenged with people, who probably have the put in the same time into researching him as you have. He was an iconic figure and it comes across like you are presenting that you are the only one in the know in this forum, about him and the tradition and anything anyone else says is wrong.

Your school, thats the key there. It does not mean it is right and each school has their own philosophies and opinions. Care to admit that or not it doesn't matter.

Most of your statements are generalisations and sweeping statements which are not backed up at all, apart from the odd name drop from 'big' figures.

This may seem like an attack, it isn't, but some balance needs to be put in place here because someone new to this topic may be overwhelmed with your or others posts.
edit on 14-9-2012 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Bruce Lee was a martial arts actor who did not really become famous until after he died. Since then the people who have the rights to all his movies have spent millions portraying him as on of the greatest martial artist ever. Then just about anyone who wanted to be famous for 5mins chimed in and told their amazing Bruce Lee stories. Most of the stories of his amazing feats were made up by a guy called John Little who made money off writing books about him after he died. The 1 inch punch is a parlor trick. Its all show.

In reality he was an actor with a very small amount of martial art training and skill. He never had any martial arts fights on record. No UFC type bouts. He was simply an actor who was the son of an actor who was the first Asian to try to conquer Hollywood. He tried to start his own Hollywood stunt group up by opening martial arts schools up in the US but they were only teaching his made up screen martial arts because there were no Caucasian martial arts stunt men in the US at the time. JKD was something one of his students thought up after he had died in an attempt to cash in from his name. Most of his famous sayings are taken from the Shaolin monks and not his own at all.

He eventually left the US after having a screaming argument with a producer because he was only getting offered minor roles in films. So he closed the schools down and left. Later he was offered Enter The Dragon ..this was the only US martial arts film he had ever been in.

Bruce Lee was truly a legend..a story based on an idea. What you see in documentaries about him is as much make believe as the film he stared in. Many of his stunts in the film Enter The Dragon were actually done by Jackie Chans brother..go look in the credits. So the clever people who had the right to his films sat down and thought up an excuse for everything , the reason he had to run away to the US after people were trying to kill him , the reason why never had any professional martial arts fights, the reason he never finished his martial arts training in china , the reason the never got a black belt etc etc and successfully built the myth that is crammed down the throats of every teenager who loves martial arts films.

There was no reason to kill Bruce Lee as he was just a little known Asian action actor and Hong Kongs champion Cha-Cha dancer.

what a completeand utter load of rubbish! Yes, you get fans
out there who go OTT saying lee could never be beaten. But
then you get people like you who lie, or go OTT about how he
was not very good.

Lee was a martial artist, and a very good martial artist. Just go
look at the interviews of martial art champions who trained with
lee. Also, you saying he was not well known. He was huge in hong
kong after the big boss, and he would have been huge in the western
world after enter the dragon.

I cant believe the lies and bs you posted in your post!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

The Green hornet with him in only ran for 1 year and did not make Bruce famous at the time. He had been acting in normal films since he was a baby. He only made a handful of martial arts films in later life.

I was a martial arts teacher myself an i also researched Bruce Lee extensively for a documentary i was going to make before i got involved in other projects a few years back. Its not an agenda its the result of a lot of research.

Chuck Norris was the real deal , he made history in 1990 when he was the first Westerner in the documented history of Tae Kwon Do to be given the rank of 8th Degree Black Belt Grand Master. Bruce didnt even make it to black sash.

Lots of people grew up thinking that Bruce was an amazing martial artist so its hard for them to think outside the box and see its just a myth made up by people who saw an opportunity to make money off him after he died.

I know you are an intelligent guy SLAYER69 and im sure if you looked into it hard enough you will be able see past the Hollywood created myth

edit on 11-9-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

LOL
You were going to make a documentry on bruce lee lol And
you also claim to be a martial artist! Your research must have
been limited because you are wrong on many counts.

I guess norris is wrong too when he speaks about bruce as a
martial artist?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
please demonstrate 1 single piece of original source material that could be used as a footnote in a published work of non-fiction that shows the illuminati survived the 1780's

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Chuck Norris was the real deal , he made history in 1990 when he was the first Westerner in the documented history of Tae Kwon Do to be given the rank of 8th Degree Black Belt Grand Master. Bruce didnt even make it to black sash.

no self respecting martial artist would admit to doing tae kwon do.
also bruce lee never had anything to do with tae kwon do.
phoenixOD atleast have a quick look on wikepedia next time.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Bruce Lee was a martial arts actor who did not really become famous until after he died. Since then the people who have the rights to all his movies have spent millions portraying him as on of the greatest martial artist ever.

Wrong! After his first martial art movie (the big boss) he became huge in China. Saying he was not famous is a little ignorant, just because he was not famous in america, but lets face it, how many asian actors were huge in america at the time?

Then just about anyone who wanted to be famous for 5mins chimed in and told their amazing Bruce Lee stories. Most of the stories of his amazing feats were made up by a guy called John Little who made money off writing books about him after he died. The 1 inch punch is a parlor trick. Its all show.

Wrong! Many respectable martial artists talk about lee in good light, including chuck norris, bob wall and joe lewis, to name a few. These martial artists trained with bruce lee, and they will tell you they all learned alot, and lee learned from them too. The one inch punch was not a "parlor trick" Lee was demonstrating power with limited movement. Its not meant to be used in a fight, duh!

In reality he was an actor with a very small amount of martial art training and skill.

Now, this statment just proves that you know nothing about martial arts, and are just a hater when it comes to bruce lee. How you can say this is beyond me, really! You take hating to a new higher level!

He never had any martial arts fights on record. No UFC type bouts. He was simply an actor who was the son of an actor

He was born into an acting family. You saying this means he could not be a martial artist because of this? Because he never thought in competitions, does not mean he was a crap martial artists, thats just stupid!

who was the first Asian to try to conquer Hollywood.

He did not try, he did conquer hollywood, and its a shame he died when he did.

He tried to start his own Hollywood stunt group up by opening martial arts schools up in the US but they were only teaching his made up screen martial arts because there were no Caucasian martial arts stunt men in the US at the time.

What a complete and utter load of rubbish!

JKD was something one of his students thought up after he had died in an attempt to cash in from his name. Most of his famous sayings are taken from the Shaolin monks and not his own at all.

JKD is more of a way of thinking, than a martial art in itself. Lee know this, and stated it many times. The reason why lee, looked into many types of martial arts. As for his words coming from shaolin monks and not his own. Wrong again. Though the ideas might be the same, he put his own spin on it. That is widely known too.

He eventually left the US after having a screaming argument with a producer because he was only getting offered minor roles in films. So he closed the schools down and left. Later he was offered Enter The Dragon ..this was the only US martial arts film he had ever been in.

Wrong again! He left for hong kong because he was offered a movie, and since america was very racist at the time, he had no choice. Yes, enter the dragon was his only hollywood film. Thats because he died. Duh!

Bruce Lee was truly a legend..a story based on an idea. What you see in documentaries about him is as much make believe as the film he stared in

So, all these respected martial artists that speak very highly of lee's talents are lying?

Many of his stunts in the film Enter The Dragon were actually done by Jackie Chans brother..go look in the credits.

Many stunts? Wrong again. Only two stunts. The somersaults over the monks at the bigining of he movies, and a kick flip. The main reason for this is because lee was in constant pain with his back, and doing anything like this, would not be good. And so what if he could not do these two things.

So the clever people who had the right to his films sat down and thought up an excuse for everything , the reason he had to run away to the US after people were trying to kill him

No one made up anything! He left for america because he was getting in too much trouble with gangs in hong kong. Thats it!

the reason why never had any professional martial arts fights

You was never interested. He stated this many times!

the reason he never finished his martial arts training in china

No secret there either!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

he reason the never got a black belt etc etc and successfully built the myth that is crammed down the throats of every teenager who loves martial arts films.

Rubbish! You dont need belts. He trained with the best martial artists at the time, an they all had great things to say about his teachings.

There was no reason to kill Bruce Lee as he was just a little known Asian action actor and Hong Kongs champion Cha-Cha dancer.

Again, a complete load of rubbish. Lee was the biggest asian star at the time of his death. Little known asian star! LOL You know nothing about lee, as has been proven with this stupid post!

I dare you to come back on here and debate with me on bruce lee!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I thought i should ad this. This one video clip shows how
much BS you wrote on this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Well, no response!

What a suprise! Dont you feel a bit stupid now

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321

no self respecting martial artist would admit to doing tae kwon do.
also bruce lee never had anything to do with tae kwon do.
phoenixOD atleast have a quick look on wikepedia next time.

I didnt say Bruce did have anything to do with tae kwon do. I was demonstrating that Chuck Norris achieved an accredited grand master title. Also that quote was take directly from WIKI

edit on 21-9-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Bruce Lee was one of the greatest philosophers of martial arts, he gave it the kick in the backside it needed. Pepole from all types of martial arts at the time didn't like teaching outsiders. Bruce saw this as a weakness and a stagnation of the martial way.
He also stateted many times that the way he fights "on screen" is very different to how he would fight.

To Hefficide, your discription of his death is in my opinion the truth to his untimely demise.

About the black belt thing, I think Mr Miyagi says it best.

edit on 21-9-2012 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

None of your opinions or excuses change any of the facts i have presented. Its obvious you really really like the guy and are blinded by the spin. In fact the way you use names like JKD instead of jeet kune do (the two are not the same , JKD was made up by one of his ex-students after he died and after a court battle to stop him using the name Jeet Kune Do) do clearly shows you don't actually know what you are talking about.

Thanks for your opinions though these are all the types of profit driven spin i was talking about. In fact a lot of what you have said confirms what i was saying.

Bruce didnt have to get any belts he was just great and above that..

Bruce didnt have to prove he was a great fighter by competing he was amazing and above that...

etc , etc

Bruce never said he was one of the greatest martial artist but lots of people who were after money did when he died...and then came up with a reason why Bruce never claimed this.

With replies by you like , your talking BS , ideas are rubbish, lies , stupid etc there's really no point in continuing an adult like discussion with you. So good luck with what you want to believe i hope it makes you happy in life.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You haven't really provided any facts, just your opinion of the man. You stated he was a Chinese actor and not a real martial artist. But being a Chinese actor at the time involved learning "Stage" martial arts and wire work, he also had an interest in western boxing and fencing.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage

You stated he was a Chinese actor and not a real martial artist. But being a Chinese actor at the time evolved learning "Stage" martial arts and wire work, he also had an interest in western boxing and fencing.

I agree, he was a very talented "Stage" martial artist, but not in the league of the Chan Brothers. He did win an amateur boxing match when he was young which would have taken some skill (giving him the benefit of the doubt that his opponents were skilled also). Dan Inosanto said in an interview he learned some fencing off his brother also.

Bruce came in with a lot of philosophical ideas about fighting that which seemed revolutionary to westerners but were just a mish-mash of many old ideas that have been knocking around in asia for 1000's of years.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

But this was whilst he was young, he then got into trouble for fighting. He might have been testing his skills, which he may have found lacking and went on a self-discovery of the martial arts, this is how new styles evolve and are brought to life.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Bruce came in with a lot of philosophical ideas about fighting that which seemed revolutionary to westerners but were just a mish-mash of many old ideas that have been knocking around in asia for 1000's of years.

Man has been fighting man for a lot longer, ideas are always rehashed and renewed.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Man has been fighting man for a lot longer, ideas are always rehashed and renewed.

Sure, but the Chinese philosophy of fighting was very new to the western world at that time.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Sure, but the Chinese philosophy of fighting was very new to the western world at that time.

That still doesn't change the amount he influenced martial arts culture.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That still doesn't change the amount he influenced martial arts culture.

I agree , he had a huge influence in the martial arts culture. Though for obvious reason most of it has happened after his untimely death. I got into martial arts because of his films when i was a teenager.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

your theory just doesnt fit together though.. when he reached the US he was persuing a martial arts career and not a movie career. he had one or two schools opened already by the time he took the role as kato.

he also lasted, at the most, 20-25 mins, one on one against wong jack man. this just doesnt show what you are saying that he had very little skill.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join