It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God stamped on US money. for or against removing and why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Because it is debt. Money = debt. For every dollar printed out of thin air by the FED, one dollar is owed back, plus interest.

It's because Nixon took us completely off the Gold Standard and the Federal reserve prints notes that make the people responsible for the debts of a runaway govt with fiat money which does not have gold or silver as it's value.

The Nixon Shock was a series of economic measures taken by U.S. President Richard Nixon in 1971 including unilaterally cancelling the direct convertibility of the United States dollar to gold that essentially ended the existing Bretton Woods system of international financial exchange.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I personally know people who have printed on their bank checks, "The light of God never fails". I think it's quite catchy and it's totally voluntary.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I personally know people who have printed on their bank checks, "The light of God never fails". I think it's quite catchy and it's totally voluntary.

I know people who take a black marker and mark out God on money - coins and paper.

Much better message for a secular government.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why am I not surprised you would suggest that? You know people who mark up actual federally printed money whereas I know people who just have the statement printed on their bank checks. Interesting difference don't you think? Are you and your friends closet anarchists?
edit on 13-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
The generic term "In God We Trust" on the money is true regardless of one's religious affiliation. All humans believe and serve something. In the case of athiests, that god just so happens to be themselves.

There are religions with multiple deities. The slogan really should be "In Gods We Trust" if it was meant to represent all religions and not just monotheist religions.

Personally, I just think it's another sign of insecurity by some religious individuals. Those that need to have constant support of their beliefs. The money was fine without the slogan.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

I know people who take a black marker and mark out God on money - coins and paper.

You're missing out on an opportunity here. Can't you talk your friends into using lavender markers? Not that I want to give promotional tips to the other side, but I just can't help myself.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. Wait a minute! I've got it!!! I'm stupendous!!! Get the lavender pens with GLITTER in the ink!!!! Am I great or what? - C -

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

You're missing out on an opportunity here. Can't you talk your friends into using lavender markers? Not that I want to give promotional tips to the other side, but I just can't help myself.

Cute Charles.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Funny, I was sitting with a bill in my hand the other day, not thinking about politics or even the country, but just reading,"In god we trust."

How many times I have had to put all my faith in the creator when all else had failed me.

Go ahead you guys, you can put him out of your sights and out of your minds, but you can't erase him from my heart.
edit on 033030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The only problem I have is those who are behind the fiat currency are just using "In God We Trust" as in trust us, this money is worth something.....in which it is backed by nothing but an illusion.

As to those who simply hate it because it represents Christianity (and ya, apparent who those individuals are) just give it a rest.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Simply put I am for removing it. Why? Separation of church and state. Not much else to say... That's a good enough reason for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Simply put I am for removing it. Why? Separation of church and state. Not much else to say... That's a good enough reason for me.

In God we trust has appeared on U.S. coins since 1864

en.wikipedia.org...

I guess those guys in the 1800's did not object.

The original sttatement was E pluribus Unum used by the founding Fathers, being that they were deist and out of One many seems like something they would use, as it has a high degree of spiritual understanding of the ONE true God.

E pluribus unum (/ˈiː ˈplʊərɨbəs ˈuːnəm/; Latin [ˈeː ˈpluːrɪbʊs ˈuːnũː]) — Latin for "Out of many, one"[1][2] (alternatively translated as "One from many")[3] — is a phrase on the Seal of the United States, along with Annuit cœptis and Novus ordo seclorum, and adopted by an Act of Congress in 1782.[2] Never codified by law, E pluribus unum was considered a de facto motto of the United States[citation needed] until 1956 when the United States Congress passed an act (H.J. Resolution 396), adopting "In God We Trust" as the official motto.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The name should be removed and an image of Baphomet should be installed.

That would be a more accurate reflection of what the government worships.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yep! And Christians use it in their argument we are a Christian nation - - "It says so on the money".

E pluribus unum - - - fits America much better. It should never have been changed.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yep! And Christians use it in their argument we are a Christian nation - - "It says so on the money".

E pluribus unum - - - fits America much better. It should never have been changed.

It's just a more veiled reference to the One God, the Creator, the Great Architect by our Founders who were Deist and masons. Don't you know that Annie or did you think it was a secular ideal?

And further you may know that the symbolism used on the money and the Great Seal was Freemasonic and based in egyptian mysticism.

The “out of many, one” was rooted in the teachings of Kemet (Egypt) where the microcosm universe was viewed in the context of the macrocosm universe and although the latter was huge and expansive, but the human anatomy—and physiology was only a miniature reflection of the heavenly bodies that were reflected and in direct correlation to the universal laws of motion and order. The Kemites understood the Universal laws of Maat—harmony, balance, justice, equilibrium, and reciprocity. So these ancient principles that were being symbolically used to shield and admonish a superior culture spoke to a higher language and as far as the language of Latin being used to describe these ancient principles and symbolism; it was only considered an exemplar language in the West and it does little justice as far as interpreting and decoding what was being spoken and written in Kemet (Egypt). (Reference: Josef A.A. Ben Jochannon; “The Black man of the Nile and his Family”).

Some believe that the Founding Fathers were influenced by the Rosicrucian mystic teachings that were brought to America in 1693 by one Sir Francis Bacon who understood esoteric and occult lessons that were rooted in science of alchemy and the universal balance of Eastern philosophy versus Western philosophy. It was no more evident than under the teachings of Akhenaton (the father of monotheism) which the Rosicrucian followers embraced and had a keen understanding of what Kemet (Egypt) meant in the realm of philosophical thought and its cultural contribution to humanity . There is no doubt that the Rosicrucians had come in contact with Kemet (Egypt) and had copied their Rose Croix theories directly from the Egyptian Mystery Schools who were doing degree work long before Rosicrucians, the Scottish Rite and York Rite Orders were even a thought.

www.dailygrail.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think God needs to stay as a sign of.....

Love, Peace, Team-work, Hope, guidance, faith....

Since the creepy lady took prayer out of schools...it was the start of we the people losing our Moral and Value systems...

It's like the American people want free reign to do whatever they want...no rules...do what feels good!!!

The lessons of God teaches us that it's not a good way to live. I won't go into preaching because I really am not a huge bible thumper...but I do believe in something greater then myself...and I do believe that we all have forgotten that and are running around like a bunch of spoiled children...instead of working together...our Fore-fathers built our Constitution on God.. When man starts to think he's god and all powerful...look-out!

Humble people humble

Thanx to SaturnFX (?) for the question S&F
edit on 13-9-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Yes, that would b e the work and intended goals of secular humanism Thanks for you great post.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Y change it now.... Might as well change the color of the American flag too, frankly im sick of the same colors n design....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I want to see it removed. America is meant to be a secular nation, not a religious one. It's too bad the Christians can't see that and have to turn everything they can into Christian junk.

Personally, I'd like to see the motto be One Nation, One People. Organized religion is an inherently divisive force to reckon with, and this country is entirely Christian, ad the Christians would have you believe. It's not for nothing that America is known as the melting pot, you know.

edit on 13-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I want to see it removed. America is meant to be a secular nation, not a religious one. It's too bad the Christians can't see that and have to turn everything they can into Christian junk.

Personally, I'd like to see the motto be One Nation, One People. Organized religion is an inherently divisive force to reckon with, and this country is entirely Christian, ad the Christians would have you believe. It's not for nothing that America is known as the melting pot, you know.

America became the Melting Pot much later when the influx of Irish, German, and Italian came over and passed through Ellis Island.
Did you see my post about E Pluribus Unim and how the Founding Fathers used Egyptian Mysticism ? Guess not. Secularism came later after the hatred of religion came though Karl Marx and later on the Humanist Manifesto was written. (in 1933 ironically when FDR confiscated all the gold from private owners).
John Dewey was one of the signers.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

It has to do with the Civil war, not Christianity smart guy...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join