It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God stamped on US money. for or against removing and why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Simple question.
Seen a clip of Romney today fighting some imagined battle against Obama about removing god from our money. Now, Obama said nothing about this and its just a ploy to get erm..something,

But it got me thinking...Why do republicans (or just Romney) want god on the money to begin with? Do they pray to money? Is our financial system some spiritual entity? Seems almost mocking to have a rich nation stamp God on the money, when the bible very much rallys against greed, the rich, etc..

But anyhow, clearly I am for removing..if only because it seems not only silly from my point of view, but also against the message of pretty much every religion that comes to mind (outside of perhaps luciferianism).

What is the argument for keeping the name of god on our (US) money?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
As long as it spends the same way I could care less what they do.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

As long as it spends the same way I could care less what they do.

As long as it's legal tender. I personally don't care if they put on it: "In Snooki we barf"

Romney only wants to create an issue out of it, because one of the long term goals of the GOP is to turn this nation into a theocracy like Iran with a religious leader instead of a political one.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well its not my currency but i understand why you might remove him from the paper.
For the believers, the Federal reserve has nothing to do with the values and norms of the Christian church and bible (like you said)..For instance: whats up with the sentence: "this note is a legal tender for all public and private 'DEBTS"..

All the Illuminati symbols on the paper, what does that have to do with the Christian religion? Aren't they pagans?Or haven't they at least hijacked religion for their interest.
On the other hand, the US has religion and state separated right? you shouldn't have all those religious words and symbols on state papers and public domain /"property"

edit on 10-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

whats up with the sentence: "this note is a legal tender for all public and private 'DEBTS"..

Because it is debt. Money = debt. For every dollar printed out of thin air by the FED, one dollar is owed back, plus interest.

As far as God on it, I don't care one way or the other. Kind of a silly thing to argue about.
edit on 10-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I want to know where you got the assumption that who they call "God" is the almighty (YAHWEH) from the Bible. And yes, these men do worship money, it's exactly why they trade our freedom for it.

link   
I suspect the GOP is trying to appeal to religious voters. There is no actual ramification of having "God" on the money or not so it's an entirely moot issue, but Sally-Joe from middle America has been raised conservative values so she will vote for a "Christian" candidate who "defends God" from the gay-lover Obammy.

Discuss cutting debt? Well, no, because that is important. How about we fight over something frivolous liiike... words on money... yeah... lets make that line in the sand between candidates a little deeper....
That'll keep the sheep occupied and give them a reason to vote...

OT: Just saw some government talking head open her argument saying, "As a Mormon catholic..."
Guess what, honey? That # doesn't make sense!!!
I'm so sick of politicians.

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Why do republicans (or just Romney) want god on the money to begin with?

Because they go hand-n-hand...what it should really say is In Military We Trust - it would make more sense, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Very weird you say the Bible is against money.

But you forget Abraham, David, Solomon, Jesus (inherits everything), wealth of the wicked goes to the righteous, heaven is full of riches, money helps the poor, if you have no money you can't help those in need etc etc etc

Money is good, it's the 'love' of it that is the problem. It's not whether you have money... it's whether money has you... that was the whole point of the rich man story... even when God asked him to give it away he couldn't. A rich Christian would give it away knowing he could start again and be doubly blessed...Job.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
God wasn't on U.S tender in till the 50's or so around the time McCarthyism took over, same with the pledge.

It was shoe horned in, and I personally don't like it. However though its not such a big deal that I think it should even be up for a topic for debate, since theres way more pressing issues.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by Foppezao

whats up with the sentence: "this note is a legal tender for all public and private 'DEBTS"..

Because it is debt. Money = debt. For every dollar printed out of thin air by the FED, one dollar is owed back, plus interest.

As far as God on it, I don't care one way or the other. Kind of a silly thing to argue about.
edit on 10-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

Yes! that's whats so evil about those FED bastards.
While googling i also see stories of hexagrams and even Satan on the Dollar bill!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
maybe putting something that is useful to a population on the notes would benefit people more.
like basic educational information to maintain a certain basic understanding of maths and measurements etc among the population.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can not imagine why any sane person would care one way or the other. I could care less what it says beyond the dollar value.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Nice digs at the evil righties considering I am a right winger could care less. The anti republicans have taken god out of everything else go ahead take it off money and coinage which would be par for the course.

Hell put "in government we trust" or "in the left we trust" don't see what the big deal is not like they believe in the creator anyway.

Worthless paper backed back nothing fiat currency really don't care anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
"In God We Trust" is the national motto. It was used on coins beginning in 1864. I don't care enough to fight about this.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't really care one way or another. I don't believe in a god in a "traditional" sense but it's just a word stamped on a piece of paper. What does worry me is that piece of paper isn't really worth [can't say the word I want to say, don't want to be banned lol]

It really does just seem to be an appeal to religious voters.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Separation of church and state - God does not belong on federal notes. It was only added there in 1956 when the religious zealots started taking over GOP.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
God and money have so much in common it seems only right it should be on our money, and it's motto is really "on the money" - In God We Trust.

Both have a great number of people who base their life around attainment of these two commodities and wish to have both in great abundance and working for them. Both have great worth to a great many people but both are constantly being re-manufactured. And if you go all the way back to their source it would be difficult to demonstrate either have any actual value and that both were not just manufactured out of thin air. In God We Trust, indeed. Likewise our money.

I say let it stay. It seems to belong there.

edit on 10-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think we should abort God off the dollar.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Gotta love how those pols pander to their base.

My opinion, they should leave God on the currency. Just take out the "in we trust" part and change it to "this is your" instead just to keep them honest.

I wonder if the Federal Government has any say on what goes on them anyway? They are Federal Reserve notes; doesn't make them the property of a privately owned bank who can put whatever they want on their fiat currency?

edit on 9/10/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join