It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a cure for an inferiority complex?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Is there a cure for an inferiority complex? If so what is it?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes there is.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol.
Instant bold.

Why don't I have any friends?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Is there a cure for an inferiority complex? If so what is it?

money, a trophy wife, kicking a drunk hobo....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually there is a cure for it. Anger. Get sick of feeling that way and stop accepting it. I know that sounds harsh but it's the truth. It is very much like riding a bicycle. You cannot do it until something clicks and you suddenly can.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Just go sit in any Taco Bell for 30 minutes and you will be cured.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just think...with billions of people, you are unique in all the world. You are the only you and there are no others exactly like you. That means you are special, unique. Why should you feel any less special than anyone else in the world?
edit on 10-9-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Don't compare yourself to others.

Throw off all the mean and ugly things that people have put on you and learn to like yourself so that someday you can start to love yourself.

It is not an impossible thing to do. It's kind of like riding a bike. When you fall down, you get back up and keep going.

Don't obsess on your imperfections and don't beat yourself up for them either.

It helps me to reflect each night:

What did I neglect to do?
What could I have done better?
What did I do that was good?
What did I do that was bad?
Then LET IT GO.

Most people self-talk. Is yours positive or negative?

I am always talking to Jesus and He brings me great happiness because He accepts me as I am, flaws and all and knows I am a work in progress.

Cure? When you can love yourself just as you are let that be enough.

I hope something that I said helps.

Edited to add: Forgive yourself for screwing up.

edit on 9/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blu3nowh3r3

post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

^^^^^What he said! I'm sure it was what I was thinking!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'll try and give you a few examples:

I'm riding my bike. I see really nice patio resturant, and I'm hungry. But I won't go sit down because I feel kinda dis at ease about it. Maybe because I'd be sitting alone who knows.

Another example. There's a club close to where I'm staying right now. Looks awsome. But again I feel awkward going there by myself so I haven't gone to check it out yet.

Or another example like I hate talking on the phone with people unless I have to. I'd rather txt or email. People I know it's no big deal but strangers I don't like doing it anymore.

I'm not depressed at all. I don't hate myself in anyway. I'm very comfortable about who I am. And feel realatively good about myself and how things have gone so far and are going in my life.

but why I get this awkward feeling every damn time I want to go do something fun or exciting, like for the simple reason that I'm by myself. Or why I don't want to talk to any strangers at all. It's nuts. I guess I talk tons online cuz there's that buffer zone. But in public I don't talk to anyone unless they talk to me. Then I'm quit friendly and outgoing. But I never make any first move. I hate that, kinda bugs me.

Not sure if it's an inferiority complex or social anxioty or what. It's totally nuts. Don't get me wrong. It's a mild case. Nothing serious. Like if someone bet me to do this or that. I'd do it no questions asked. Even stuff like trying to get a girls number on the street. Like but if it comes to doing it for me, that's when I seem not to go try stuff. It's so strange.

Any other ideas?? ha ha I'm open to suggestions.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

What you are describing is textbook general depression and social anxiety. And the downfall to it all is that the longer you allow it to continue, the deeper the hole will become.

You might think about attending a group that deals with these issues - either one - or talking to a doctor about anti anxiety medication options.

But, in the meantime... don't feed your own demons. Force yourself to do the things you are finding uncomfortable. If you feel nervous about a particular place? Go there. Then, see that your fears were unfounded. Ego makes us think we stand out, in good ways or bad ways. It's all just distortion of our self-image. I can assure you that other people aren't see you the way that you are seeing yourself.

Don't quit fighting it. You'll discover you're more than you currently think yourself to be.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Try to start talking with your eyes when out in public? Women love it and men suck at it. Most men that are strong enough to look at a woman are looking from a sexual perspective. Women know and most find this immature or even repulsive. When you look, look with the intent to talk. It's ok if she is beautiful and you smile just a little, she wants to feel beautiful.

The immediate response will tell you if she is interested. If she looks back she will smile if she finds you interesting. If she smiles she has invited you to a conversation. If a conversation is a little intimidating or inappropriate at the time give her your number.

It really is that simple. But you have to take the first step. Start looking at women, looking not starring. Notice the looks you get back, but a smile is always a good sign. If you can do this, you will gain confidence to do some of the other things and maybe you won't have to go alone. You may find that you don't meet a soul mate but instead you find some good friends who are just trying to go to that bar without going alone.

Last but most important. If she smiles start the conversation with Hi, she will smile again. Be real and let the conversation happen naturally.
edit on 11-9-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Yes at least one cure is war. If a person can survive that then cant be that inferior now can they.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to get on a heavy heavy dose of prozac and riddlein right away!!! As my dream has always been to want to put a few rich dr's kids threw prep school!! Ha ha not ;-p

top topics

join