It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to visit Golden, CO, I'm a libertarian and I got a ticket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
One of the benefits to serving a university, is that politics seem to become more important on a national scale. I found out today that Obama is actually going to visit just two blocks away from my campus on Thursday, and so I decided to go (it's good to have first hand experience to back up your ammo against the guy right?)

Well just got back from standing in line to get the tickets, and though I am desensitized at this point to high amounts of negative emotion towards political disputes... I feel traces of dissatisfaction in my heart.

In line, a good 90% or so were there because they are strong democrats and were there to get tickets to actually support Obama. And so I overheard the reasonings for why they were all there and it appalled me. 

I heard blessings of peace, people talking about how they are democratic because of their association with the military, how they think that war is so pointless and unnecessary... I think, why are you here? Why would you support someone who voted to spend more money on war... For someone who has taken more troops into foreign places than out of (well ok recently is a slightly different story perhaps), i would say he doesn't follow the same wave-length of solidarity and love. Someone who made it easier to get guns in America might not be as hippie and peace-filled as what people are inclined to think. Why can't they see that the "peace missions" we go on don't end in peace; how the media projects a place like egypt as a place of democratic blasphemy... Whatever.

Then I hear complaining about the ecosystem and global warming, gay and lesbian rights, health care-- you know the typical stuff. Everyone basing their opinions off of assumption and not knowledge... 

I decided not to stir up any ruckus because I wanted to make sure to get tickets but... Well I will keep everyone updated thursday

~~ the Obama campaign in golden is very unorganized. The people giving us tickets didn't know any scheduling of sorts, how many tickets you could grab per person, nor if young children got in early... 

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ahh Golden Colorado! Home to Coors Beer!
You don't think.... nah.

PS- Obama is an alcoholic liberal.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

So is Mitt Romney i believe....

Na, but that wouldn't matter to me very much I don't think. I am just waiting to see what he says at this rally. Golden is more conservative than most other college towns so I am sure he will do quite a bit of appealing to the right(ish) people here.

More lies and deceit is what I am expecting, we will see. Biden ought to give us all a good laugh or two.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I miss my home state! Colorado rocks!
I've been gone for 17 years now.

As long as your not a Boulder/ CU commie/hippie I'm on board with you!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Hahaha no I can assure you. I am a mines guy, way better than CU.
I am no hippie, just a guy who is waiting for the third party candidate to rise up to the top.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Never met him myself but, a couple people I know that interact with him on a fairly regular basis say he is very intelligent but, very down to earth. Enjoy yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Congrats on the acceptance to Mines!
Few people know what it takes to get in, and the engineers they produce. I'm proud that someone of your caliber is on ATS!

Now go be a libertarian and give that man HELL!
I wish I could be there!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I assume he is, I mean I have watched his speeches and they are quite good.

BUT that doesn't mean I agree with what he says

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Generally the local campaign will get told that the president is showing up on a certain day with the doors opening at a certain time. They don't get told a lot of things, for security reasons mostly. Just what day and where, then they get X amount of tickets to hand out and are on their own to get those tickets to the public in the most fair way possible.

It's not that they're unorganized, just that they're kept in the dark.

Also, with regards to the opinions of the folks in line with you; there is a vast number of 'average' Americans who pay very little attention to politics and only pick up what they heard on their local news that evening. They have better things to worry about, like dinner and their neighbors lawn. As long as peoples lives aren't directly impacted in a negative way they'll really not care about the details.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I suppose that I did not mention, though should have, that I was informed that Obama would begin speaking at approx. 11:00 a.m. so, there was information somewhere that in my opinion the people handing out tickets should know.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well...how was it?

top topics

join