It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash Crash a Coming World Wide Greater Depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Leading up to the Great Depression there were signs, most significantly of which was serious market instability, near the end there were violent swings in the value of certain stocks. Today we can see this same pattern happening, only with the advent of electronic trading these violent swings are so fast that few happen to notice.

Research firm Nanex estimates that this year there have already been more than 10,000 micro-crashes, where stocks dropped far outside a normal trading range for several seconds. Even Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA, Fortune 500) succumbed to such a crash on May 3, when, within seconds, its high-priced Class A shares dropped 90% and then just as quickly recovered.

money.cnn.com...

Over 10,000 micro-crashes this year, I would say these are serious and violent stock swings that hearken back to months before the Great Depression. There was market instability for years leading up to the Great Depression, but this time the instability has lasted much longer which would suggest a more severe depression ahead. I think it would behoove us all to remember that in the early days of the Great Depression many resorted to violence and hoarding, but it did not take long to realize that we were better off with one another than without. People began to share and help one another to survive and found this was the best course of action when considering survival. I suggest that we remember this lesson and should a depression arise spread the word as quickly as possible, we need to band together and help one another.

Many may remember that the Great Depression ultimately ended in war, but do we need to repeat this mistake? Should we repeat such a mistake this time around there would be no return to prosperity.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Maybe if we start like 10,000 micro wars we could balance the system out? I'm thinking we invade Canada first, that will take like a few seconds, then Mexico. It could work.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Good luck with that sir, I am putting my rambo head band on, my hockey stick and organizing my army of polar bears

Unfortunately, War was great for the economy after the great depression. The entire country worked together for the war effort.

Instead of focusing the entire economy on war, why not for scientific exploration. How about a global effort to build a star ship and boldly go no where no man has gone before.

Dun dun dun da da da da
edit on 10-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Funny you should mention that on the Bicentennial! Bring it

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Instead of focusing the entire economy on war, why not for scientific exploration. How about a global effort to build a star ship and boldly go no where no man has gone before.

I heard that Canada is working on the first manned mission to the sun. Let us know how that works out eh?

Building spaceships ain't gonna do squat to prevent the global depression that's coming, neither is war, thus my comments.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Easy now cowboy, put your lasso away.

You may be right, but i feel some global economic effort would help mitigated the potential for a global collapse.

I suggested a lofty goal of scientific exploration or discovery, what can you suggest? Either way we will have to work together to avoid any further economic calamities.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Oops! Forgot that Canada has discovered sarcasm yet.

The point is that neither micro nor macro crashes will be solved by war this time. The obviously retarded comments about invading Canada or Mexico were subtle digs at my own country, not yours.
Then you got bowed up so I thought I would play along.

It's all in jest my NAFTA brethren!

PS - I'm actually a Yankee transplant, no horse or lasso.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

No worries my friend

You can be my #1 on the star ship we build

In all seriousness, the global economy has been propped up with so much BS, they are starting to crack. I am sure there are many people far more intelligent then I who have contemplated the matter, unfortunately they all seem to think how to prolong the inevitable, instead of coming up with a potential fix.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Maybe if we start like 10,000 micro wars we could balance the system out? I'm thinking we invade Canada first, that will take like a few seconds, then Mexico. It could work.

I was thinking it can go like this. We trade with Mexico a bunch of gmo corn to make tortilas in exchange for their crappy beer. Then sneak into all the Canadien breweries and steal their good beer and replace it with dos equis and the like. When Canada finds out what happens they blame mexico and Mexico is wekened considerably from the crappy corn and neither will know what is up and they battle it out. And we drink beer while they do it. Good beer too!

I was thinking we could sabotage Brazil with some tainted gmo cotton and sell them a bunch of gmo cotton thongs made in china that give all their women horrible rashes for that war. I got more ideas too!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, "A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine." Revelation 6:6

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

My point Exactly!
Thank God someone understands!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I tend to be in agreement with some of the replies here, I don't think this collapse can be avoided and as far as whoever might be trying to delay the inevitable? I think they're afraid of the unknown, they're not cooking up fix it plans because they know there's nothing that can be done. I've noticed what seems like quite a bit of sugar coating when it comes to financial news, but it seems as though the language has been becoming stronger and stronger as the months/years go by. Personally I think these micro-crashes are a sign that the end of economies is nigh.

Money makes the world go round? The kings days are numbered...

Edit: As for me? I'm just gonna watch from the sidelines and spend my time working on myself rather than for someone who's about to have a net value of zero anyway. Decided to start learning a new language yesterday

edit on 10-9-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
much longer instability = further collapse, not mere depression.

so war comes first, not after.

looks prime to kick off shortly after November election.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I wish it would get rollin already,
Ive been hearing of this crash for many years now,, the wait is now becoming a big disappointment
I could use a change of pace, working everyday making lots of money is boring.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I think that's part of the point, that it's taking quite a while to come to fruition. People have been noticing the signs for quite a while now, the fact that it's been a long time coming, to me, suggests that the ultimate crash will be total and far more severe than any form of crash that's happened beforehand.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Well,
Im good with that, Have done enough prepping to be set for a long time,.
sooo.. bring it and let the idiots parish

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Actually brave and fearless Canadian eastronaughts are working on the first manned mission to Newfoundland!

top topics

join