White House Preparing Executive Order As A Stand-In For CISPA

page: 3
21
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by queenannie38
 


I would love to hear your tune if a Republican president was about to do this.


What would it matter?
My interest in politics is not based on party and in fact, I do not claim to be a Republican or a Democrat. I am an American. I like to know what the President of the USA is doing because of that.
If it were a Republican who was President right now, I would investigate in the very same way I have with a Democrat for President. Which means my answer would be the same.

I don't base my decisions on sides but on what I find out by investigation and research.




posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38
 


So your giving us some "what if" situation and you don't even know if the electrical grid is connected to the web in any manner that can be hacked.....and on some what if, you are willing to let one man potentially sign your rights away.

Sorry, but I refuse to agree with some "what if" and "for your own good".



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
White House Preparing Executive Order As A Stand-In For CISPA


This isn't a huge surprise -- and last month we even discussed the possibility, but it sounds as though the White House has decided that, with the failure of Congress to pass a comprehensive cybersecurity bill (CISPA passed in the House, but the rather different Cybersecurity Act failed in the Senate), it is going to issue some sort of executive order to deal with "cybersecurity issues."


www.techdirt.com...


White House drafting standards to guard U.S. against cyberattack, officials say


The White House has drafted a preliminary executive order aimed at strengthening the nation’s computer systems against attack, an effort to begin to accomplish through fiat what could not be achieved through Congress.

The draft order, whose contours are being debated, would create voluntary standards to guide companies in guarding themselves against cyberattacks, according to administration officials. It would also establish a special council made up of key government agencies to identify threats that could compromise critical sectors.

White House spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said the administration was not going to discuss details of internal deliberations, “but an Executive Order is among the things we’re considering to fulfill the president’s direction to us to do absolutely everything we can to better protect our nation against today’s cyberthreats.”


www.washingtonpost.com... -f8fe-11e1-a073-78d05495927c_print.html



So is this how they are going to take away peoples rights? Through an executive order? Other cybersecurity laws, such as SOPA, PIPA and CISPA have failed to get through, so just by pass all of that and pass an executive order. Completely disgusting, but I really don't see anyone making a stink over this....since Romney supports cybersecurity legislation.

Also, this coming to light, with the "supposed" attack on DNS provider GoDaddy by the "security leader of anonymous" screams false flag.



Hang on now...this is all HERESAY. Your source article cites only one other blog who in turn cites only "unnamed sources".

Don't get me wrong...it's not that I think Obama is in any way above pulling off this sort of dictatorial decree...it's just that we don't have any proof or evidence to suggest that there actually IS such an executive order.

Perhaps this tells us that we should be more worried about fixing a system which allows for executive orders rather than worrying about a single one which Obama may or may not be drafting.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Romney has already stated he would sign any cybersecurity legislation that passes his desk, so this isn't an Obama bashing thread.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Not heresay, the White House confirms it here:


White House spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden tells the Washington Post that “an Executive Order is among the things we’re considering to fulfill the president’s direction to us to do absolutely everything we can to better protect our nation against today’s cyberthreats,” though has not confirmed how far along the White House is with efforts to enact such an order.


rt.com...

Hayden says the document obtained by U.S. News is an "early, internal deliberative draft of a critical infrastructure policy to replace Homeland Security Presidential Directive 7," the 2003 document that allows the agency to develop policies to protect things such as power grids, telecommunications lines, and the nation's water supply. According to the draft, the policy would require DHS to protect systems "in both the physical and cyber space."

Like CISPA, the document calls for public-private collaboration and data sharing, "including collective efforts to address threats and known and emerging vulnerabilities" against critical cyber infrastructure. The document calls for creating an "information exchange framework to enable effective collaboration" and for the creation of two "coordination centers" run by the Department of Homeland Security—one for physical infrastructure and one for cyber infrastructure. It also calls for "routine collaboration and information exchange between all levels of government and [private industry]."


www.usnews.com...



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by queenannie38
 


So your giving us some "what if" situation and you don't even know if the electrical grid is connected to the web in any manner that can be hacked.....and on some what if, you are willing to let one man potentially sign your rights away.

Sorry, but I refuse to agree with some "what if" and "for your own good".


I'm not giving you any kind of what if situation in that sense....only trying to get you to think beyond the basic OBAMA IS OUR ENEMY kind of thoughts...I'm not saying he is or he isn't....I'm just saying that you are not thinking of things in a rational manner.

But beyond that...
Who is asking you to agree with anything I say?
Or with what the President's Executive Order says?
If you don't like him writing EO's then write to your congressmen and tell them to quit wasting time on partisan crap and get to work on our behalf.

Of course there is internet networking associated with utility services and the power grid. Why would they be talking about it if it wasn't a fact? How do you think they get things back on line so quickly these days compared to in the distant past? Unless it is a physical outage, it doesn't really happen all that much anymore at all.

At least not where I live and where I live is next door to no where.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Seriously man, this had better not affect porn in anyway. This will be when America rises...I'm guessing.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Not heresay, the White House confirms it here:


White House spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden tells the Washington Post that “an Executive Order is among the things we’re considering to fulfill the president’s direction to us to do absolutely everything we can to better protect our nation against today’s cyberthreats,” though has not confirmed how far along the White House is with efforts to enact such an order.


rt.com...

Hayden says the document obtained by U.S. News is an "early, internal deliberative draft of a critical infrastructure policy to replace Homeland Security Presidential Directive 7," the 2003 document that allows the agency to develop policies to protect things such as power grids, telecommunications lines, and the nation's water supply. According to the draft, the policy would require DHS to protect systems "in both the physical and cyber space."

Like CISPA, the document calls for public-private collaboration and data sharing, "including collective efforts to address threats and known and emerging vulnerabilities" against critical cyber infrastructure. The document calls for creating an "information exchange framework to enable effective collaboration" and for the creation of two "coordination centers" run by the Department of Homeland Security—one for physical infrastructure and one for cyber infrastructure. It also calls for "routine collaboration and information exchange between all levels of government and [private industry]."


www.usnews.com...




Yeah, Yeah..Blah Blah..terrorist this, terrorist that...give me all you stuff so a terrorist won't blow up a building. I guess my ex-wife was protecting me from terrorism when she took all my stuff too...Just like the government and every man in a divorce, you get screwed and somehow you still get nothing, and even lose everything you DO have. Even if you are the good guy.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Not heresay, the White House confirms it here:


White House spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden tells the Washington Post that “an Executive Order is among the things we’re considering to fulfill the president’s direction to us to do absolutely everything we can to better protect our nation against today’s cyberthreats,” though has not confirmed how far along the White House is with efforts to enact such an order.


rt.com...

Hayden says the document obtained by U.S. News is an "early, internal deliberative draft of a critical infrastructure policy to replace Homeland Security Presidential Directive 7," the 2003 document that allows the agency to develop policies to protect things such as power grids, telecommunications lines, and the nation's water supply. According to the draft, the policy would require DHS to protect systems "in both the physical and cyber space."

Like CISPA, the document calls for public-private collaboration and data sharing, "including collective efforts to address threats and known and emerging vulnerabilities" against critical cyber infrastructure. The document calls for creating an "information exchange framework to enable effective collaboration" and for the creation of two "coordination centers" run by the Department of Homeland Security—one for physical infrastructure and one for cyber infrastructure. It also calls for "routine collaboration and information exchange between all levels of government and [private industry]."


www.usnews.com...


Fair enough, I stand corrected.

I was just going off of OP and following the chain of sources.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Romney has already stated he would sign any cybersecurity legislation that passes his desk, so this isn't an Obama bashing thread.


Not saying it is...and I agree that we should be VERY concerned about it. Since I posted, I've seen some of the follow-up posts which cite additional sources including the White House.

Thus...I stand corrected.

That's why I was careful to point out that I CERTAINLY didn't think the Obama admin was above such a thing....I was just questioning to make sure that we had reliable source material.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium
 


I am with you....I don't like this thing at all....private companies should protect their own stuff.

All this crap about sharing......that means they are snooping to me.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Since this has been part of his platform in 2008 and 2012....I don't see him backing down.

He didn't like the GOP version because it didn't go far enough, it was "weak".



As far as Romney, people keep saying he will sign anything, but the truth is, he won't answer the questions on it either way. Mum.

But GOP insiders think he will go along with the party platform, whatever the heck that is, probably McCain's "weak" version.



posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Just imagine if they did have that power,, and shut down the net.. wow.. the chaos that would begin.. teenagers would not know what to do... almost comical


"Read a book? What's a book? Where do you plug the power cord into it? Does it have wifi, or is it hardwired?"




posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide
 


this is the way a dictator operates... they bypass congress (we the people)





new topics
top topics
 
21
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join