It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindu Vision During Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is based on an experience/post I made a while back, but have since gone back and done some further investigations into...

Just wanted to share some experiences I have had in my somewhat short time, couple weeks or so, that I have been meditating again.

One of my first times, I saw this image of native villagers somewhere gathered around a fire. I could hear them as well. They were having some sort of spiritual ceremony. They were chanting, playing music, and dancing around the fire. The chant was something like 'AUM-dat-dat-dat-dat-dat-dat-AUM'-repeat. I could see and hear this all very clearly and vividly.

Ok well, this chant has never really went away in my mind. I think of it/hear it in my head a lot. It seems to have really stuck with me.

Then today I realized something about it. Well I'm taking a World Religions class, and we're talking about hinduism and OM/AUM. That particular correspondence between the chant and the hindu concept/sound had occurred to me before, but for one reason or another it occurred to me that dat/tat might have a particular meaning. I went online to confirm, and found that it did, indeed.

Tat Tvam Asi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, 'dat/tat' is 'that' which everything fundamentally is. The true essence of everything, the ultimate reality. Both of the sounds in the chanting I heard, then, have meaning, and both are concepts found in Hinduism.

Now, in that same class, we have talked about the Upanishads a bit, a famous Hindu text. Now after a bit of reading, I have discovered that the Upanishads posit 8 levels or essences of reality, culminating in the 8th, which is AUM. Now in what I quoted, I put 6 'dats,' but I even remember as I posted it, I was not sure whether it was 6 or 7, and decided on 6 for simplicity's sake. So if I can assume 7 dats/tats, the structure of the chant also coincides with the Hindu structure of the Universe.

This, to me, is highly interesting. and to quote myself from the same post...

According to my understanding, it is possible that I am gaining some access to the genetic memory-banks, and if so it would be possible to actually see things from the past like that.

in general, to say that it is possible to tap into a sort of 'genetic database,' that could have been the inspiration not only for a vision of Egypt I mentioned in that same post, but this as well, as this one turns out to actually be quite elaborate, and beyond my knowledge at the time.
edit on 10-9-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I believe it can also take the form of a light that alternates between dark and light flashes. Like a strobe. It appears to me sometimes during meditation.

edit on 10-9-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The ultimate reality is just "existence".

You can say there is "good" and there is "evil" or there is "light" or there is "dark".

It doesn't matter if darkness is just the lack of light... the fact is that both exists.

Existence is superior to "positive" and "negative" without existence neither can be.

When you see all things as just "existence" instead of judging as "good" or "bad". You see from the perspective of the ultimate reality.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

First, your link is down, it doesn't connect to the Wiki article.

Second, did you have any preference toward Hinduism before this occurred? I assume you did, as you were meditating, but how much?

Did you just meditate, or did you honor their gods?
Were you striving toward moksha?
The fire festival, etc... have you studied Hindu rites and rituals?

All of these things could have been unconsciously collecting in your subconscious. Then, during meditation, while stripping away your modern-day "skin," your mind was able to blend together all of these seemingly disparate elements into a cohesive structure.

You fulfilled your own desire, by being interested in and studying Hinduism and then practicing it's rites. Of course, this relies on you knowing anything about Hinduism beforehand. Whether you did, or not, I can only take you on your word. However, I can hope your own conscience leads you straight in this instance.

An interesting experience, and I hope it brings you to a better state of mind and being.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by TheJourney

First, your link is down, it doesn't connect to the Wiki article.

Second, did you have any preference toward Hinduism before this occurred? I assume you did, as you were meditating, but how much?

Did you just meditate, or did you honor their gods?
Were you striving toward moksha?
The fire festival, etc... have you studied Hindu rites and rituals?

All of these things could have been unconsciously collecting in your subconscious. Then, during meditation, while stripping away your modern-day "skin," your mind was able to blend together all of these seemingly disparate elements into a cohesive structure.

You fulfilled your own desire, by being interested in and studying Hinduism and then practicing it's rites. Of course, this relies on you knowing anything about Hinduism beforehand. Whether you did, or not, I can only take you on your word. However, I can hope your own conscience leads you straight in this instance.

An interesting experience, and I hope it brings you to a better state of mind and being.

~ Wandering Scribe

I have a tendency and preference towards eastern religions, but hinduism is actually my least 'favorite.' My favorite is the Tao, and then Buddhism, particularly Zen. I know about, enjoy, and reference certain Hindu concepts I have picked up through studying Eastern thought, but haven't had much particular pull towards Hinduism.

Also, it was just a standard meditation session, I am not ritualistic.

top topics

join