It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird license plate characters in a Ford commercial.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I noticed the license plate on this Ford commercial. Anyone know what those numbers and letters are?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Stiffolous

They probably didn't want to use real numbers and letters, lest they accidentally show a real person's license plate number (I'm sure someone could figure out a reason to sue Ford if Ford showed their personal plate number). Therefore, I bet Ford figured it was best to use gibberish/made up characters.

edit on 9/10/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

6N8 9704

OR

6NX 9704

OR

FNX 9Z04
edit on 10-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Probably doesnt mean anything, they cant show a real license plate

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Looks Russian.

I think I heard they were doing some big push for sales in Europe and Russia?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hey I agree with most in that they don't use real plate numbers. But they usually just paint it one color.

It's odd. It's alien. It will be the norm. get used 2 it.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ohio native here... That is a real Ohio license plate that has been edited post-production to conceal the REAL license plate number. No concern here.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And I would have bet a penny that it was ENX 9704. Oh well, my eye hasn't been sharpened by spending years looking at UFOs.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It is common to take some tape and add a little here and there to "Greek"a license plate, sign, or a logo. That is, make it illegible, or unreadable, but familiar.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Out of 6 replies you're the only who didn't just regurgitate the same

"Oh, it's just so they can obscure the numbers" reply.

Originally posted by Stiffolous
Anyone know what those numbers and letters are?

edit on 10-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It is called greeking -- not really a new thing

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I was thinking the same thing. Why have a license plate at all? It just really stood out to me for some reason. I'm not convinced it is anything significant, but at the same time I don't want to say it was just because they can't show a real license plate and decided to make one up with weird characters.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stiffolous
reply to post by cavalryscout

I was thinking the same thing. Why have a license plate at all? It just really stood out to me for some reason. I'm not convinced it is anything significant, but at the same time I don't want to say it was just because they can't show a real license plate and decided to make one up with weird characters.

But the point is to make it look familiar without being meaningful (e.g., what the others have said about "greeking").

I have dealt with certain brochures for the company I work for, and while those brochures are being developed (the "look" of the brochure), the actual text that will be in that brochure had not yet been developed. therefore the people designing the look of the brochure added a bunch of meaningless Latin gibberish as a place holder.

At first glance, the Latin text looks familiar, but it has no meaning. However, it is a very valid representation of what the finished brochure would look like (which is just about as important as what it would eventually say).

In the case of the Ford commercial, it's used for a different, but related, reason. They simply want the car to look familiar at first glance to the person viewing the ad. I truly doubt it is being done so TPTB could indoctrinate the world into the use of alien lettering.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join