It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoDaddy taken down by Hackers... Milions without service

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx
None of it makes any sense. I had a choice to switch (hosts) about 2 months ago when I heard about all of this crap. In fact, my wife said I shouldn't be aligning my business with people who kill elephants for sport. I agreed with her and then I spoke with my web people and the cost to migrate over and find support for this kind of unique cart application that I paid 3,000 dollars for, was just too much for my budget.

What budget now?

Should've listened to your wife.

Anyhow, this event bring us to a conundrum. Obviously this GoDaddy character is garbage and deserves hacking yet by doing so, this anon hurts others as well. Are we in the era of those that are "TOO BIG TO HACK"?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have a non-commercial go-daddy hosted sight with a domain name I got through them...I've had it almost 6 years and even with all this other mess lately, I don't have the time to change it all around and besides that...it is paid for up until some time in the future and I could afford it then...can't afford to change it now.

They have always been very attentive to me, more so than most other places.

I'm just saying.

And my website never went down.
It's up right now, too.

The SOPA bill is in committee for markup, right now...meaning it is being revised. When it came up for vote, I wrote my congressmen and I got a reply from one that they didn't like the details of the bill but wanted to protect American intellectual property without limiting our internet freedom and so they were going to overhaul it.
It appears that is what they are doing.

My site has a lot of 'intellectual' property on it...it was unaffected.

I don't think things are what they seem or what is being said but I have no idea what is actually going on. I just thought I'd mention my site since it is not a shopping cart site.

You can check the third link in my sig...it is part of this site I'm talking about. A sub-domain of the main domain I have.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
couldn't help myself.............

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
its obvious why some1 from anon would do this there tryen to cover up there tracks and remove any trace of a domain name they used for there sick games they like to play.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I doubt the anon claim is actually true. His proof today was BS.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I doubt the anon claim is actually true. His proof today was BS.

What type of proof do you want? Do you really believe GoDaddy as they try to do damage control?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just saying that link posted causing the error on the GD page was weak. That seems to be a sign of a BS play.

They didn't get hit a second time either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join