It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous [2014WC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It all started with a group called Anonymous.

They began fighting for what was right and just, but it soon went down hill.

Either through twisted and calculating individuals within the group, or through internal reconstruction of the original motivation, possibly by those at the top of our hierarchy.

It began on the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 massacre. I don't know, maybe some sick joke, maybe they wanted the date to be plastered into our consciousness.

One thing I can tell you, is people were waking up. People lost their sense of fear, especially after the assassination of Osama Bin Laden. How can you fear, when the symbol that represented that very fear had been destroyed?

That's what got me thinking. I believe too many of us had overcame the great fear of terrorism that the government had instilled in us. We were starting to stand together, as one we were harder to control. The powers that be needed a new agenda. A new face of fear.

Well who better than a group with no face? With no name?

Whether they became infiltrated, or were government owned from the very beginning is anyone's guess. We all knew the name and face of the group...well, if you can call Anonymous a name anyway.

Now the face, that Guy Fawkes mask which once stood for so much, had become tainted, twisted and contorted. The mask was now the stuff of nightmares. Regardless of which faction your state survived under. Posted onto every wall, pasted onto every banner across every city, not a minute will go by without the face staring upon the helpless people. It's strange how I now envy the blind man.

What had happened to the world.....

It began one day, every Television across the globe showed that hauntingly, gaunt face, as pale as a ghost.

"The world is poisoned with all of you," It began saying, as we stood in wonder. "It is time for the event. Only the strongest and smartest of you will survive, and together, we can build the new world, and create Heaven on Earth."

Then blackness, on every station.

We didn't know if this was a prank, a bit of fun, or the real deal. If it was a joke, it was a sick one because it shook all of us to our very core.

It wasn't long until we all had to utilize our old radios to get any information, and it wasn't long until we wished we hadn't.

"Breaking news coming in...It's not yet been verified, but it seems the worlds nuclear power stations have been hacked and are now in meltdown. We will keep you updated as soon as we know more..." Rained through the radios speakers.

Who could take this seriously? If true it meant the end of the world as we knew it. Not just loss of power, but total nuclear and radiation devastation, and the complete and total collapse of society as we knew it.

Then it hit me...this was the real deal, this was the event that they had promised, and indeed would bring the end and possibly the beginning they seem so focused on attaining.

Local governments tried to maintain control. Some states became overrun by the will of the people, in some the governments succeeded and created a police state, and some like my own hailed and worshipped Anonymous like a God, heralding a new age of enlightenment and heaven on earth...well, not everyone.

One thing was for certain, and that was we all lived the same really. In the dark ages, in perpetual fear, and wondering if we would live to see tomorrow.

In this day and age, It's every man for himself. If the radiation didn't get you, the winters would. If the winters didn't get you the lack of antibiotics would. If the starvation didn't get you dehydration would. The list goes on and on, people were dropping like flies. Anonymous was right, only the strongest and smartest will survive, only the greatest traits of Human evolution were to make it past birth.

Build a new world they said. Well they certainly destroyed the old one.

Create Heaven on Earth they said. Well they surely created Hell on Earth.

We had overcame the old fear. Now the powers that be...the puppet masters, had created a greater fear, a fear I doubt could ever be overcome.

All we know about our saviour or foe is...Anonymous.
edit on 10-9-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well written. Thank you for sharing it.

A very scary and not implausible scenario. Actually, it's the fact that this precise scenario could happen on some scale that makes it frightening.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thankyou,

I thought it would be interesting to portray, the Anonymous group as a platform and tactic for world change. We are already seeing the rise in cyber warfare, with a rise in hacking and viruses etc. So It makes me wonder about the future of cyber warfare and how it could be used for all the wrong reasons.

new topics

join