It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alchemy Secrets Explain The Blueprint Of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Compare this drawing from the 1400's to the latest finding of the human genome:

genome taken from from the article:
WIRED ARTICLE

AMAZING!
It seems the "Ouroboros" is given throughout history to remind us of who we are. Life eats life. All life does. Plants, animals, it is the nature of life itself. There's been a message behind this symbol since the dawn of recorded civilization.

always ending / always beginning.

Ouroboros Wiki

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex
always ending / always beginning.

The Ouroboros is something I find very intriguing: Understanding the inherent vitality of death.

It represents everything; from why certain people choose not to eat flesh.... to the drive behind evolution.
It represents the macro, the micro, the mind, the body, the soul. It's incredibly fascinating.
You can see it absolutely everywhere you choose to look.

By the mouth of the serpent, regenerate.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thank you for introducing me to the concept...it is very synchronistic with something I was just thinking about, which stems back to a couple of quotes from the Vedas I heard in a class, that exactly correlates to this concept...
"To live is to devour life."
"This whole world is food and the eater of food."

I'm also reading the Tao Te Ching, and there is a quote that seems to relate...
"It(Tao) gives itself up continuously
That is why it endures"
edit on 10-9-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

I don't see the direct connection, I'm afraid. The picture on the left is an interaction web of some sort and I have no idea what it really means. It seems to be arranged from largest to smallest clockwise, which results in a shape similar to the Ouroboros.

That doesn't mean that the Ouroboros isn't an important symbol and idea, I just think that in this instance the visual similarity is coincidental and I don't understand the graph well enough to see if there are any deeper connections in it.

I think that the Ouroboros is much more important than the graph you linked it to, to be honest. It represents reiteration, which is one of the most important parts of evolutionary biology and consciousnesses. New things build on old things in a continuing cycle.

edit on 10-9-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
wow!

I never even knew that transcription factors and micro RNAs are tiny red and green balls which spontaneously sort themselves from large to small in a circular formation.

that is quite a discovery indeed!

(aaaaasaaaaaaa%hhhhhhhh.....get a clue, man)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
on a kinder note, you will find a much better candidate for the ouronoros metaphor in the

aromatic benzene ring.
kekule's dream

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It almost seems as if the different color correlations on the graph coincide with the anatomy (organs, etc) of the ouroboros itself. Perhaps even the chakras.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
wow!

I never even knew that transcription factors and micro RNAs are tiny red and green balls which spontaneously sort themselves from large to small in a circular formation.

that is quite a discovery indeed!

(aaaaasaaaaaaa%hhhhhhhh.....get a clue, man)

You don't see the Dragon eating it's tail in the middle circle to the right do you ?

Those who can't see, declare that it is not true. Those who see, know the truth.

new topics

top topics

join