It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waters Off Japan Coast Getting Superheated By Unknown Source?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LevelHeaded
OK - The picture posted is not showing temperature. It is the Sea Surface Height.

SSH - is sea surface height
SST - is sea surface temperature
and there is a speed picture as well

From the OP's link, select one of the oceans. From there you need to select a region of that ocean. And finally one of the above mentioned pictures (Height, Temp., or Speed)

Link to Japan Region

ROFLMAO................. This has to be one for the books .......AWESOME

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Please forgive me if this story is already posted. I'm not sure I'm reading this right even. Looks pretty simple. That said, I have never seen water this warm in the Pacific. The Gulf maybe, but not the Pacific. I would think it would take a geothermal event to heat up that much water at once. Hope I'm wrong in my interpretation of what I'm looking at but would love to hear from an expert.
Naval Monitoring Site

edit on 10-9-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

here's a link to a gif,
last thirty days; www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil...
12 months: www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil...

looks like this hotspot's pretty old

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
since the black part of the graph would be 117 degree fahrenheit which is 47.22 degrees celcius, that is way too hot for fish.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I wonder if it has anything to do with Mt. Fuji being ready to go? I hope not.

FUKUSHIMA NUCLEAR ACCIDENT that's been going on for the past 18months with no end in site is causing the heating. Plumes of radiation are already hitting the West Coast of the USA. Tons of fish are already contiminated yet we don't hear anything from our government or mainstream media covering this. What precautions are being taken to protect the American population. Sad part is that this is just what's in the water. We're getting bombarded even harder by what's being carried over in the jet stream through the air and coming down in our rain. Not a peep that I've heard of from our govt.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
really? i mean really... unknown?
L O L

1 st guess: could it be hundreds of thousands of gallons of hot radiated water? lol
2 nd guess: looks like we found a new volcano (parts of japan have ben undergone Liquefaction for some years now)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

could it be a combination of both?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Air pollution from India/China/Asia is really bad and there's nothing in the atmosphere to block UV wavelengths from the sun. That's heating up the surface of the ocean.

That and all the ionized radiation bellowing around in the atmosphere in that region. That's also contributing to the problem.

It's not only Fukushima that's been belching radiation into the atmosphere over there. India and China have been releasing some bad stuff into the air as well.

That imagery is surface temperature of the sea, not from volcanic activity.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well, superheated? HAARP. Plasma or something geographical? HAARP.

They're really screwed up the planet with it.

Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Conspiracy Theory W/ Jesse Ventura: HAARP [Season 1, Episode 1] (Full Length • HD)

A little cloud chamber demonstration.

Brooks Agnew physicist cloud mover mashine, HAARP, weather manipulation.flv

HAARP works with the one the US runs in Norway and Greenland. But there are definitely more. And possibly with greater power, there are 2 patents.

But they found out it doesnt take alot of power, it takes small amounts of power, repeated pulses.

So if they managed to stir up something else, its still due to what they've done. OR, they take something, a weakness in the crust, or in space, an allignment and amp it up.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerDown

I go to the beaches around that area during the summer and the water is usually pretty warm. Kamakura is close to Yokohama so there are a lot of beaches there. The water, at least near the beaches, is nice and warm all summer. During the fall and winter the water can get really cold. Looking the maps you found it does not look all that unusual this time of year.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You all are still going on about the temperature of the water around Japan???

The posted pictures at the beginning of this thread are showing the differences in Sea Surface Height, not Temperature...

OK - The picture posted is not showing temperature. It is the Sea Surface Height.

From the OP's link, select one of the oceans. From there you need to select a region of that ocean. And finally one of the above mentioned pictures (Height, Temp., or Speed)

Link to Japan Region

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

it would make a big difference if we knew what depth it was measuring also.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Please forgive me if this story is already posted. I'm not sure I'm reading this right even. Looks pretty simple. That said, I have never seen water this warm in the Pacific. The Gulf maybe, but not the Pacific. I would think it would take a geothermal event to heat up that much water at once. Hope I'm wrong in my interpretation of what I'm looking at but would love to hear from an expert.
Naval Monitoring Site

It has been a very hot spring and summer. Maybe because of this super hot water. Or maybe that's why the water's super hot.Could be that reactor already melted through and is heating it up down there. Could be a thinning of the mantel. Holy Sh**t it's ready to blow!

Really I have no idea. Nice catch though.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Wow, what does it mean?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It was briefly mentioned earlier....but has anyone read anything about whether it could be related to the pressure in Mt Fuji?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You all are still going on about the temperature of the water around Japan???

The posted pictures at the beginning of this thread are showing the differences in Sea Surface Height, not Temperature...

Link to Japan Region

Come on ATSers read through the thread. OP fine tune your research next time. ^________^

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Is this in Celsius or in Fahrenheit. We can't say anything without units. One hundered degrees Celsius (boiling) is 212 Fahrenheit, 100 degrees Fahrenheit is only 37.7 Celsius, see what I mean?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

It's easy...look at the SST...which is temperature.

Still shows extremely "warm" water.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungSoul

I am assuming the Navy site originally posted is in F.....that's still some warm water, backyard pools don't get that hot without a heater even in the dead of summer.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hopefully this doesn't blow :/ we dont need another disaster.Either do they for that much..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iconic

Naval Monitoring Site

here's a link to a gif,
last thirty days; www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil...
12 months: www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil...

looks like this hotspot's pretty old

why are you linking SSH maps for temp (SST) readings ??
the temperature related maps aren't showing anything out of the ordinary for this time of year.
need a good link ??

ETA: last 30 days - www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil...
latest forecast - www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil...

**** notice the header that shows "SST", not SSH
edit on 14-9-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join