Waters Off Japan Coast Getting Superheated By Unknown Source?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The actual spread of sea surface temps is quite normal so far as I'm aware - although as El Nino sets in they'll change, with the warmer temps shofting towards S America. The actual figures shown on the charts highlighted by the OP are most defintely (and quite obviously) not actual sea surface temps, but appear to be fractions thereof.

Basically, there really is nothing to see. Or sea.

As I said before, this is the danger of looking at data you don't understand. And, indeed, how the sheeple get fooled by the flim flam men (not that I am in any way suggesting the OP raised this thread for such reasons - indeed, it was a very valid question, though the answer was obvious on reflection; just saying, you should think and look into things before making wild assumptions)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
OK - The picture posted is not showing temperature. It is the Sea Surface Height.

SSH - is sea surface height
SST - is sea surface temperature
and there is a speed picture as well

From the OP's link, select one of the oceans. From there you need to select a region of that ocean. And finally one of the above mentioned pictures (Height, Temp., or Speed)

Link to Japan Region

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

If one were to search further within your link (www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil...) they can check that exact location for many years back. I checked from 2005 to present - one can choose the day/month as well, I chose September 10th - and there is very little difference in the area's temperatures. Regardless of understanding the figures, the pictures speak for themselves.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Accession Number : ADA247754

Title : The Navy Layered Ocean Model Users Guide

Descriptive Note : Final rept.

Corporate Author : PLANNING SYSTEMS INC SLIDELL LA

Personal Author(s) : Wallcraft, Alan J.

PDF Url : ADA247754

Report Date : DEC 1991

Pagination or Media Count : 27

Abstract : This report is a users guide to the Navy's hydrodynamic (isopycnal) nonlinear, primitive equation, layered ocean circulation model. The model retains the free surface and uses a semi-implicit time scheme that treats all gravity waves implicitly. It can handle full-scale bottom topography, provided it is confined to the lowest layer, and an arbitrary coastline geometry. The model has been in use at the Naval Oceanographic and Atmospheric Research Laboratory for more than 10 years for simulations of the ocean circulation in the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean Sea, the Alboran Sea, the western Mediterranean Sea, and the global oceans. In conjunction with the issuance of this report, the model code is being made available to the ocean modeling community. The vertically integrated equations of motion and their finite difference discretization on a C-grid is presented, as is a description on the semi-implicit time scheme, the boundary conditions, and the external forcing. The model code contains internal documentation that fully describes the user- specified model parameters and data sets. This report also contains general information about how to use the model, in particular, how to set it up for a new ocean region and how to port it to a new computer system. thermodynamic ocean model, world ocean, numerical model, Gulf of Mexico, ocean circulation model, energetics

Descriptors : *LAYERS, *OCEANS, *CIRCULATION, GLOBAL, GULFS, EQUATIONS OF MOTION, OCEAN CURRENTS, THERMODYNAMICS, MOTION, REGIONS, SURFACES, MEDITERRANEAN SEA, EQUATIONS, EXTERNAL, LABORATORIES, GRAVITY, GEOMETRY, INTERNAL, SCALE, BOUNDARIES, CARIBBEAN SEA, ATMOSPHERICS, MEXICO, GRAVITY WAVES, WAVES, BOTTOM, OCEAN MODELS, TIME, TOPOGRAPHY, GRIDS, PARAMETERS, COMMUNITIES, MODELS, COMPUTERS

Subject Categories : PHYSICAL AND DYNAMIC OCEANOGRAPHY

Distribution Statement : APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE
oai.dtic.mil...

www.dtic.mil...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LevelHeaded

SSH = sea surface height. D'oh! Obvious now you point it out!
edit on 10-9-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

What's the big deal? You've only looked at the current one haven't you?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This link seems to indicate that an eruption of Mount Fuji could happen in the near future.

The pressure in Mount Fuji's magma chamber is now higher than it was in 1707, the last time the nearly 4,000-metre-high Japanese volcano erupted, causing volcanologists to speculate that a disaster is imminent.

The new readings, taken by the National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, reveal that the pressure is at 1.6 megapascals, nearly 16 times the 0.1 megapascals it takes to trigger an eruption.

This, lead volcanologist on the case Eisuke Fujita told Kyodo News, is "not a small figure".

Sure doesn't sound good if true.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So youre saying Fuji is buildingup a head of steam?
And if the ocean boils there will be NO MORE SUSHI! yay!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Scale Unit: Cl=.350 Degrees C

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Please forgive me if this story is already posted. I'm not sure I'm reading this right even. Looks pretty simple. That said, I have never seen water this warm in the Pacific. The Gulf maybe, but not the Pacific. I would think it would take a geothermal event to heat up that much water at once. Hope I'm wrong in my interpretation of what I'm looking at but would love to hear from an expert.
Naval Monitoring Site
edit on 10-9-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

Apparently not enough people remember the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster that started on March 11, 2011 And continues to this day. There are tons of threads here on ATS about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The link above talks about the tons of radioactive water being released into the Pacific. I bet this is the reason the water is heating up!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
NLOM is a low-resolution, high-speed mathematical framework for modelling temperature, current flow and height of the sea.

It is a subset of the Navy Coastal Ocean Model, which, in turn, is a subset of the Navy Operational Global Atmospheric Prediction System.

Although it is low-res it is accurate enough to be used as a simulation and therefore can be used to do short-term predictions.

The interesting part of naval weather stations for me is that they also have classified weather data.

QV.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

i agree with you year to year nothing happen..dont wory just see the image link..

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

i agree with you year to year nothing happen..dont wory just see the image link..

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I would not say superheated but it hits the scale pretty hard in the last months of 2011
Look here is a nice animated gif for a year times pan for japan

GIF
edit on 11-9-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
SnF OP from what I see Fukushima related or something below the sea floor is heated and rising. Worst case the EA*RTH above ground SPACE/SEA NAVY is getting into it with the Mermaides?????

That WAS a good show.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Do you really think that water temps in the Antarctic are either -99c or -99f (either way, lower than any air temp ever recorded on the planet) whilst those off Japan are boiling? I'm also pretty sure waters in the Mediterranean aren't below freezing at the moment!

That said, I'm not sure off hand what the figure represent.

Just shows the dangers of looking at data you don't understand.

Isn't -99f like 3 x ice?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrift
Even if it is Fahrenheit... a temperature of 100deg Fahrenheit = 38 deg Celsius.
For the ocean, that's quite toasty?

ETA: I don't really understand the map, because the temperature off the coast where I stay is completely off. Maybe someone can help explain the data?
edit on 10-9-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

89f+ is hot tub water

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by LevelHeaded
The title on the picture is UNCLASSIFIED: 1/32* Global NLOM....

Does that mean they are showing 1/32nds of degree differences? So +/- 96 degs on the map is really +/- 3 full degrees?
edit on 10-9-2012 by LevelHeaded because: (no reason given)

Aye, I assume it must be something like that. Though I've not come across those charts before. Very obviously not actual water temps!

Where is the dude that invented the internet when you need him.

(chuggin beer, chasin hookers, and eatin prime rib.....somewhere......

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by PowerDown

The data doesn't say "it's boiling there". That was just an assumption suggested by the OP but was not given as definitive. If it was boiling or even near it -- and across such a huge area -- we'd be hearing about this all over the place and (as another member pointed out) there'd be major environmental issues as well.

It seems it really is just a model of ocean current layers. There is a temp factor in the model but it looks like it's primarily dealing with water movement. I found an article in the Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology here on the NLOM that discusses this in some detail and though much of it is very technical it seems to support the idea that it's about currents and their layers. For example, under "Model Description" it says:

One of the major advantages of NLOM over other types of OGCMs such as z-level and sigma-coordinate models is its lower computational cost for the same model domain and horizontal resolution. One reason is that we can use lower vertical resolution to realistically represent the ocean circulation.

So, we don't have to worry that NLOM shows large regions of the oceans at very high temperatures. It just shows how the water is swirling around or moving along in current patterns.

Best regards,

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What you say makes sense, but has anyone talked to the horses mouth yet?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Sure they know where the core to number four reactor is now dont they?
I mean it was heaped on the concrete floor of the containment vessel building wasnt it?
I mean after breaching containment.....maybe its burnt its way down into the mantle and is going critical?
It may have had a # pile of spent fuel rods mixed with it too......
pretty soon, maybe Edger Cayce will be right.....

They've been so honest up to this point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join