It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object found in Mars latest image. Crinoid fossil?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Good point.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Interesting....I ask my usual question..what size? Inches, feet.or yards?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
The stick like object is probably just the edge of a buried rock. I am still not seeing anything remarkable yet.

Maybe...but then why is it the only one in this image? If a rock, the process would likely be repeated at least a few more times in this image/area. I am not saying it isn't a rock, but odd that it is the only "stick" like 'rock' in the image.
edit on 10-9-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I see rocks and dirt. Around 7 O'clock on the nasa image I don't see much.

The flickr site will often pull an image if the bandwidth exceeds a certain limit, recommended to use another website to post the image. imgur.com... or something else
The reason the TS can probably see it is because its cached in his browser.
edit on 10-9-2012 by thecann because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
hi i saw the same thing in a story in the science page in the daily mail this morning. I think it was the third photo down explaining how the photos were taken. i dont know if anyone can link it here but it was very interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Good point.

Thing is though, you might expect to see many more such pieces if of volcanic origin. As a stand alone object, it does look a little odd. Since it is close by, it is also pretty tiny.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

This it?

I don't see a skull but I think that stick looking object is certainly worth looking into.
It's very different from everything else around it.
But still, it's probably just a broken rock that fell over.

Or maybe that's Martian Adam's rib?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I don't see a skull but I think that stick looking object is certainly worth looking into.
It's very different from everything else around it.
But still, it's probably just a broken rock that fell over.

Or maybe that's Martian Adam's rib?

Probably a little too small to be anybody's rib. It does look a bit segmented or screw-shaped, though. We'll never know.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Could be the edge of a broken buried rock or almost anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
These types of rocks, the one's with the three sides that have been worn smooth from the wind, look just like the rocks from the dry valley's in Antarctica. I'll try to post a picture of mine tomorrow. I was given one from one of the scientists who we helped get into their scientific research spots out of McMurdo when the US navy supported this effort. Beautiful rock. I gave one to my brother-in-law that looks just like a sharks tooth (don't get excited... I know it's NOT a sharks tooth...)
edit on 10-9-2012 by wrkn4livn because: Just needed to clarify something.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
HEY people i was looking at the first picture the one that fills the screen,and accidentally start playing with the wheel of the mouse back and forth while the image was in display and i got this visual effect,i know there only rocks and sand but when you do this looks like theres another frikking image,but only you will see it if you keep doing it for say a minute or less ...it was accidentally.....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nice pics, thanks.

Now imaging billions and trillions of tons of rocks you are looking at. One or two of them is bound to have a curious shape. As we all know, if you prepare many grilled cheese sandwiches, one of the will show an image of Jesus. Or Virgin Mary.

Link

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
looks like a rock to me, i zoomed in a good bit, didn't quite stand out as anything else to me, but thats jus my opinion

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
All this shows..is that idiots should not be looking at pictures of Mars...they are going to just see anything they want...

So people you don't know are all idiots. There are plenty of college grads on here with multitudes of experience. What if it is not something found by NASA it is going to be unacceptable to you?

Why is looking hurting anyone and why did you respond to the thread if you think only "idiots" look?

That's because he/she is so overwhelmingly unsatisfied with their own life they feel the need to try and make others look bad. Only issue is that doing so typically makes them look even worse. Plus everyone is a tough guy behind a keyboard and monitor.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I really dont think this is a stone,so......

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My God... its an odd shaped rock. Mars is revealing it's deepest secrets now.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I see how one may think that, but I think I will respectfully disagree with you. To me they almost seem like flecks of metal, some type of ore. I can't zoom in on the rocks clearly enough make out a texture, which would give us a lot more information, considering that the same stuff found on Mars is found on Earth...But if you look lower in the picture, some of the textures seem to possibly indicate water erosion...Which of course would lend credence to your theory. But, I will say they could be results of certain geological phenomena.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I find it interesting to see odd shapes here and there and one thing I've noticed is a rock here and there that looks like it's been blown away leaving a track/trail in the sand but none near it have moved.
Are the rocks light weight? What is the atmosphere there,windy at times?
It looks pretty non dusty in all the pics I've seen.
I don't really think it's on mars or we were on the moon,I wonder where all the millions really went that they say were spent on these and other missions.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Look he has two horns on the back of the neck, two horns on the head, like a desert horned toad. no one else see that?

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 11-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Interesting object looks similar to a Crinoid type fossil in Nasa's latest Mars image.
Seeing as there are no stcks or fossils on mars, this would have to be a stone, or dirt, or sand, or ice.

The Nasa link is found here
Nasa mars image link
edit on 10-9-2012 by super70 because: (no reason given)

I don't know about the crinoid, but it is interesting that the rocks are arranged in "lines" and may be on or against low ridges. The larger rocks appear to be sometimes deposited in short groups which are roughly linear and parallel to a line from upper left to lower right just about anywhere you look in the photo. Smaller rocks are often arranged from lower left to upper right -- there even appear to be some "scratched lines" in this direction if you zoom in a little.

I'm wondering if the lower-left to upper-right arrangement of very small rocks is a post-processing artifact to some extent. It almost looks like the surface has been raked with a fine bristle brush. It could be an edge sharpening artifact -- maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join