It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Bias Against Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by intrepid

So you don't find anything wrong with devoting more words to criticizing Israel, then the bloodbath, massacre of innocent civilians by an illegitimate government in Syria??

How?!

How can any moral human being not see something wrong with that?? If you have issues with Israel, fine. But in no sense is the suffering in Gaza comparable to the pain and suffering and tragedy currently occurring in Syria right now.

Syria also now?.... did you read about the atrocities committed by the Free Syrian Army recently? Do you know who is arming them...? Your tax money is...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Resolution 3379 was revoked in 1991 by UN General Assembly Resolution 4686.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

What's your point???

Are you pro-assad? Even though Assad is opposed by the majority of Syrians?? Even though Syria is predominantly Sunni, while the house of Assad is Alawi - Shi'ite?

I love how you take a neutral stance here, unsure of who the bad guy is, but with Israel, you are incontrovertibly sold that Israel - or zionists - are evil.

Way to show your intelligence off

Or rather, to succumb to the perennial occupation of elitists in inciting antisemitism. Notice how every generation this issue seems to come up?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

You do realize Israel doesn't ADMINISTER in the territories.. Do you know that?? They divested from the west banks 5 major population centers in 1995. They're not even in Gaza. The IDF merely paroles the areas contiguous with Israel and roads between Israeli settlements in the west bank. So where is the similarity with apartheid? Where is this policing of the Palestinians by the IDF that you keep referring to?

The IDF routinely patrols the illegal settlements that are built on Palestinian land. Not in Gaza? Are you blind? Who do you think is having a illegal blockade of goods coming into Gaza by way of the harbor?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm more disturbed by the amount of UN resolutions that Israel ignores.

Ok, intrepid. Thanks for showing me how self effacing you can be.

I asked you about THIS issue - and you choose to ignore it and bring up an unrelated issue, of Israel being the 'worst humans right abuser..... Not China, in Tibet, not Myanmar, not the regime in Sudan, not the Russians in Chechnya, not the Turks in Kurdistan, not North Korea...nope. just the Israelis.

This bias is honestly nauseating.

And if you don't know or care, Israel ignores so many because the resolutions against them are completely biased, completely instigated by the Arab bloc and their OIL POWER.

So what you are saying is that because 16 less words were used about Syria it makes it OK for Israel to continually violate others human rights?

What is the violation of human rights?? By blocking the Gaza government from receiving shipments, Israel is protecting themselves. Are you not aware of the threat that exists? That shipments could contain weapons, and thus be used in their attacks against Israel citizens?

In any case, it shouldn't even merit 50 words, when there is a travesty the size of the one occurring in Syria.

It seems to me anything, a genocide of gargantuan proportions could be committed - like the one in Darfur - and that you would somehow search and find a justification for keeping the attention primarily on Israel.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's somehow amazing, that so often when describing a complex issue like the situation in the middle east or the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in particular, things get simplified, portrayed as if only one side is right and has the moral highground, uniquely different matters, even if related, are compared to each other and accusations of bias are supported by one sided statements.

Whatever's happening in Gaza, it's mostly the fault of the government of Hamas - who btw has just shot 2 grad missiles in Israel which just 2 days ago.

Even the people involved in the conflict dont believe things are that simple. The entire "Palestinian-Israel debacle" is an ongoing humanitarian crisis for over 6 decades now. It is, by any stretch, impossible to say there is only one guilty party.
Israel had its fair share in the creation of their so called enemy.

Thanks to the Mossad, Israel's "Institute for Intelligence and Special Tasks", the Hamas was allowed to reinforce its presence in the occupied territories. Meanwhile, Arafat's Fatah Movement for National Liberation as well as the Palestinian Left were subjected to the most brutal form of repression and intimidation

The Hamas then launched a carefully timed campaign of attacks against civilians, one day before the meeting between Palestinian and Israeli negotiators, regarding the formal recognition of Israel by the National Palestinian Council. These events were largely instrumental in the formation of a Right wing Israeli government following the May 1996 elections.

Quite unexpectedly, Prime Minister Netanyahu ordered Sheik Ahmed Yassin to be released from prison ("on humanitarian grounds") where he was serving a life sentence. Meanwhile, Netanyahu, together with President Bill Clinton, was putting pressure on Arafat to control the Hamas. In fact, Netanyahu knew that he could rely, once more, on the Islamists to sabotage the Oslo accords. Worse still: after having expelled Yassin to Jordan, Prime Minister Netanyahu allowed him to return to Gaza, where he was welcomed triumphantly as a hero in October 1997.

The Hamas had built its strength through its various acts of sabotage of the peace process, in a way which was compatible with the interests of the Israeli government. In turn, the latter sought in a number of ways, to prevent the application of the Oslo accords. In other words, Hamas was fulfilling the functions for which it was originally created: to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State. And in this regard, Hamas and Ariel Sharon, see eye to eye; they are exactly on the same wave length.

Mossad and Hamas

Sometimes i think, it is intentionally how these things are presented.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I asked you about THIS issue -

Which is UN Bias against Israel. Your topic, not mine and I answered it.

and you choose to ignore it and bring up an unrelated issue, of Israel being the 'worst humans right abuser..... Not China, in Tibet, not Myanmar, not the regime in Sudan, not the Russians in Chechnya, not the Turks in Kurdistan, not North Korea...nope. just the Israelis.

Is that the topic? No. It's just justification to try to quell dissent against a human rights violator. Guess what? It's the digital age and Israel can't fall back on the "poor me" like it used to. People are seeing them as they are.

It seems to me anything, a genocide of gargantuan proportions could be committed - like the one in Darfur - and that you would somehow search and find a justification for keeping the attention primarily on Israel.

See? That's exactly what you are doing. Not happening anymore. I have problems with the nations you mentioned BUT I'll be damned if I'm going to swallow this as an excuse for Israel's actions.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I speak out about my country's treatment of the Natives all the time but I guarantee you that we don't have racist rallies like the ones in the video I provided. We don't have checkpoints of any kind unless you are on or near a military installation unless you want to call drinking and driving road blocks during the holidays a checkpoint like the ones the Palestinians are used to.

The thing that really gets to me is that the UN is full of empty threats and promises. As other members have stated there are many resolutions against Israel, but nothing ever comes of them. It's all theatrics. If the UN was serious about helping solve the Israel/Palestine conflict they would have taken some real action a long time ago. Their lack of action proves that they really don't care.

I never take what the UN says seriously anyways, as you should not either. The UN has been bombarding us with Syrian propaganda for a year now so for you to get all upset from this recent speech leaves me a bit puzzled. Syria is a whole other conflict, an ugly one at that, but there is more to the story than the media is telling us. Any news coming out of Syria is so biased (from both sides) that it's almost impossible to tell who is lying and who is telling the truth.

Perhaps he devoted more time speaking about Israel to distract us from the fact that we are funding and arming the terrorist rebels in Syria in the West's plan to overthrow Assad en route to Iran.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by flice

What's your point???

Are you pro-assad? Even though Assad is opposed by the majority of Syrians?? Even though Syria is predominantly Sunni, while the house of Assad is Alawi - Shi'ite?

I love how you take a neutral stance here, unsure of who the bad guy is, but with Israel, you are incontrovertibly sold that Israel - or zionists - are evil.

Way to show your intelligence off

Or rather, to succumb to the perennial occupation of elitists in inciting antisemitism. Notice how every generation this issue seems to come up?

I'm not pro Assad, but having seen what the west did to all the other guys in this area of the world, I'm most definitely not pro anti-Assad (hehe).

To begin with I just got curious as to why you call the UN biased when it's clear they are not. That's a fact. Iran has been adressed by Ki-moon recently and it is more than fitting that he adresses the state of Israel, as it is not in a healthy state.

Then I most strongly must urge you to not mark me as anti-semitist. That is simply to easy.
Again and again I have said that I hold no grudge against common jewish men, women and children. They have as much right to be here / there as any muslim, catholic, christian, atheist or buddhist and so on.

I do however hold a huge grudge that will never die down against those who can either be called Zionists or extremist jews. They are too me as much terrorists as any other faction actively killing because of religion.

In regards again to Syria, we yet again see an example of how the good guys curse Assad for killing innocent people, but when the Free Syrian Army does the same amoral thing, everyone just sits here with a stoneface and doesn't quite know what to do.

In the end... who knows, maybe the Ki-moon move was just a staged event to confuse us even more before the world goes to # again because some guy couldn't take anymore bad evil no-no words from some other guy.

Hehe... in all truth, the situation in the middle east is almost comparable to a fight in the school yard between 1st graders.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by dontreally

Perhaps he devoted more time speaking about Israel to distract us from the fact that we are funding and arming the terrorist rebels in Syria in the West's plan to overthrow Assad en route to Iran.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

This rings truth in my ears. But what an awful truth. Consider this now..... maybe Ki-moon is indeed biased, but he has you looking the other way. And consider how many innocent people are dying in Syria, simply because the US and Israel wants a highway to Iran which will then cost the lives of many innocent people.

Terrible... we will never learn will we. But I guess we are happy as long as we have gas for the car and resources for making mind numbing computers.
edit on 10/9/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If the UN was serious about helping solve the Israel/Palestine conflict they would have taken some real action a long time ago. Their lack of action proves that they really don't care.

I may have agreed with you 25 years ago when there was some meat in the UN. The resolutions go WAY back further than that but today NO ONE wants to piss off Uncle Sam. That's why it continues today.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I was just a child 25 years ago so I cannot comment with certainty, but my opinion is that the UN has always been a tool of the corrupt elite even though they portrayed the illusion of being a power house of wholesome goodness who are out to save the world their lack of action (and actual action on other issues) in the last two decades proves to me that they are nothing more than a bunch of tools, and yes Uncle Sam is a factor in how they are controlled, but the US also goes against the UN's wishes on certain issues but in my opinion this is just more theatrics.

The UN is just as corrupt as the Vatican and is just another organization put in place to help forward certain agendas.

My guess is that 25 years ago people were falling for the Muslim Bogeyman propaganda so the Israel/Palestine wasn't as popular as it is now. Operation Cast Lead on Gaza opened up the world's eyes to Israel's genocidal ways and still the UN does nothing other than give the odd lecture.

The Goldstone report was very damning against Israel but was later discredited by some very powerful people and that's the closest I have ever seen the UN come to doing any good in that area in the recent past.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Jim Marrs had some interesting connections in the The Rise of the Fourth Reich, were Powerful individuals guarenteed Israel as a state to keep the fact that big business profited from WW2, specifically from the Nazi government, as quiet as possible

These could be the individuals that have major influence over organization like the UN, NATO and World bank etc.

In the book, Marrs feels that these organizations and big business are keenly interested in non interferance with Israel.

Just a perspective
edit on 10-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

My guess is that 25 years ago people were falling for the Muslim Bogeyman propaganda so the Israel/Palestine wasn't as popular as it is now.

No. 25 years ago we still had the USSR and Communism as the boogyman of choice. This Muslim stuff has just been forefront in the last dozen years or so. Secondly the digital age has allowed people to see what is ACTUALLY going on in that region. Israeli propaganda doesn't have the mileage it used to as people have more access to information.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Even though it was before my time I know for a fact that there was anti Muslim Propaganda going as far back as the 70s if not even further.

As for the Soviet Union and the cold war, that was more smoke and mirrors as an excuse for our nations to bolster up our military forces and to keep us in fear, there must always be an enemy.

What did the UN do of any significance 25 years ago in respect to the supposed communist threat you mentioned, perhaps I'm incorrect and will not be offended if corrected, but the UN didn't do squat 25 years ago either, they were just as useless back then.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
UN is just a worn out tool in hands of the US, UK, Israel.so it is only natural that if the puppet they put up there as the chief don't really puts up! and acts on his own,they will get very upset....Moon's attending the NAM in Tehran against straight orders coming from Israel,and showing a little independence lately will most likely cost him his job....the whole situation is so pathetic it's not even funny!.....an alternative to the UN will be a very welcomed suggestion desired by all the nations around the world.....Times have changed ,we got to see things from different angles,or we just keep miscalculating to a total destruction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join