It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

You wrote: "To let the poor suffer without treatment "

are you referring to poor people suffering here in America? I would love to see some proof of that... i am friends with a broke meth head who uses more medicaid dollars in hospital visits than people use in a lifetime... seriously!

Now tell me or show me where in America there are poor people who have been turned away from care... PLEASE!

and thanks!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sorry if I'm pissing on somebody's bonfire here, but if ANYONE has any questions regarding the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) then this link will probably answer them.

What Exactly is "Obamacare?"

Please inform yourself and do your own research, instead of relying on threads like these that provide no information and only spread misinformation.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Troubleshooter - I wish i were back in NSW right now but I am not... i live in America and i really would like to know a little bit about your feelings on something you said...

You wrote ":...can't look after the health of its poorest citizens is an international joke."

Where have you seen poor people suffering in America? I mean, what is the joke? Who goes without in America??? I have never seen or heard of anyone not getting treatment because they were too poor. it doesn't happen in America which is why i am wondering what the joke is...

it seems we have at our availability, the best medical care possible in the world... People from all over the world come to my country to get the best and most cutting edge medicine available. Now if you believe the WHO reports (and trust them as facts) without reading the criteria you would be foolish to use that as a reference... This is just ONE for instance that should be noted in the often referred to WHO reports of national health care systems.... in most of the countries in the WHO survey, a hospital/Dr would not try to save a newborn human if it weighed less than 1000 grams (that's about 28 weeks gestation for a normal average human)

BUT

in the good ol USA - we don't use a scale to determine if we think we can save the baby... we just try to save them. that gives us a lower mark in the WHO report in infant mortality but we would rather be able to save one preemie even if it means we are an international joke.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

Of course no one gets refused if they walk into the ER with a gunshot wound, or with any illness. We do provide emergency care to the poorest, but they don't really have any access to the type of health care that would prevent heart attacks, that would detect early stages of cancer or any terminal illness that could have been prevented had they had access to health care.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I hope she knows that Romney invented Obamacare.

& that Romney also wants to keeps it.

I just have one question; WTF does that have to do with anything? How does that change the content of the statement?

And you are a liar; Romney said he would replace Obamacare. Stop passing off propaganda and turning every post into a a Romney/Obama debate.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger

Stop passing off propaganda and turning every post into a a Romney/Obama debate.

This entire thread was STARTED as a Roney/Obama debate.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Uhhh the poor already have "death panels", AKA no insurance.

This is the disconnect that privatized healthcare advocates have, they have absolutely no clue how people with no money go through.

edit on 11-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The poor here in St. Louis have better health care than I do, no deductables, free rides to the hospital just by calling for an ambulance, and it cost them NOTHING. The neighborhood I used to live in had 90% section 8/welfare population, they even had free vision and dental care!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

This is the disconnect that privatized healthcare advocates have, they have absolutely no clue how people with no money go through.

The poor here in St. Louis have better health care than I do, no deductables, free rides to the hospital just by calling for an ambulance, and it cost them NOTHING. The neighborhood I used to live in had 90% section 8/welfare population, they even had free vision and dental care!

Why did you have to bring up the truth?

The poor are suppose to be - victims -.

Now go stand in the corner.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Looking at all of this business... It is undeniable that we are in the turn of a new century.

This mess reminds me of 1912.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This lady just looks like a complete idiot with that Romney banner in front of her.

Obamacare is Romneycare, they are identical.

Difference being, Romneycare is run by the state. Those citizens still have a choice. Obamacare provides zero choice.

It should be the states decision, especially now that they are forced to take on a ton more of the burden from Obamacare.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think it is really sad that a big country like the US can't find a way to look after their own sick people.

DOH.... Um, we do.. Even in today's world. Heck, we even take care of other peoples needy. Look at the Mexicans we take care of for free.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Then you truly have not utilized what resources that are out there. I went through a period of my life with no healthcare insurance due to I could not afford it. I found ample free clinics and for the more major issues, places like National Jewish Medical Center which provided me with a grant that paid for 99% percent of my procedure I had in 99. The cost was well over 20K.

ETA: And I'm agnostic that tetors on atheism soreligion has 0 to do with the grant I received but more so with there are ample of charities that do help people here.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people without adding a single doctor

This quote -always-cracks me up, it is such flawed logic as to be laughable. It adds 10 million more people to be covered by insurance. These same people seek medical attention today. We aren't going to have 10 million people appear out of thin air and go to the doctor. The whole speech is political hogwash. Lastly what does the President smoking have anything to do with it? please.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Sorry if I'm pissing on somebody's bonfire here, but if ANYONE has any questions regarding the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) then this link will probably answer them.

What Exactly is "Obamacare?"

Please inform yourself and do your own research, instead of relying on threads like these that provide no information and only spread misinformation.

It's explains nothing. Heck even this statement here (below and continued below):

"1/1/2014 This is when a lot of the really big changes happen. No more "pre-existing conditions". At all. People will be charged the same regardless of their medical history. ( Citation: Page 64, sec. 2704, Page 65, sec. 2701, and Page 76, sec. 1255 )"

Tells you nothing other than now those who would have paid a much higher deductible will now be paying what a healthy person pays. What they leave out is now that healthy person that was paying a much lower deductible now has to pay a much, much higher rate now.

Your source conveniently doe's not mention such impacts. Just the rosey picture the Obama administration wants you to see. It also doesn't mention what happens after the first 10 years of this monstrosity when the expenses finally outspend the 4 additional years of accumulated taxes that took place before the bill was inacted..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes no new doctors, because that is how cuts on medicare and medicaid spending is coming from

See, Obama is cutting everything, to finance Obamacare, but this is not in anyway to benefit the people, insurance will still charge more for services and insurance but you will be seen by what it will become a very demanding career, The nurses assistance this are nurses with master degrees in nursing that will be able to prescribe drugs like doctors do, but are not educated enough in doctorates to make what a private doctor makes.

My daughter is getting her masters now, to get into the demand that will arise after 2014 for this type of providers.

See, lowering care or the necessity of good specialized Doctors will decrease health care cost, or that is what the Government thinks, if you are a young person, healthy or in Medicare or Medicaid expect to be seen by a nurse assistance and not a doctor, you will never know the difference unless you ask for credentials.

Here in my neck of the woods already the major hospital has adopted the practice to have you seen by a nurse assistance while the duty doctor is only for emergency care in the emergency rooms we all know that most of the people that comes to the emergency room are either on crucial need of care or poor people that have not insurance.

So get ready to see nurses assistance as doctors.

This is true. My wife is a nursing student and the other day she came home and told me the healthcare industry has been discussing having nurse practitioners run clinics instead of doctors because doctors are already too few to see all the patients. Yes, all they need to have is a masters. That's a lot less education. People are screwed!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't think what she said was her own original thought... I think Donald Trump said this last year and she is repeating it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I can sum it up in two words.

Fraud, extortion.

That's all it really is.

It doesn't really address the fact that some people need health care, it just forces business to provide it.

And that's a scam and extortion all at the same time.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

This is true. My wife is a nursing student and the other day she came home and told me the healthcare industry has been discussing having nurse practitioners run clinics instead of doctors because doctors are already too few to see all the patients. Yes, all they need to have is a masters. That's a lot less education. People are screwed!

It seems like the person you quoted mashed together 'physician assistant' and 'nurse practitioner'. I was a nursing assistant before I became an RN...it definitely did not require a master's degree.

Six years of nursing education isn't exactly a pittance of knowledge. It certainly isn't directly comparable to the seven or more years of education physicians undergo between medical school and residency, but nurse practitioners have been proven to be competent clinicians for the last 40 years. Physician assistants are also a great asset to the medical community. There are a great number of 'non-physician providers' who perform many of the same functions as physicians but often charge less. Having surgery in a rural hospital (or even a large medical center)? There's a good chance that a nurse anesthetist or anesthesiology assistant will be in the operating room, not an anesthesiologist. Want to have a baby without the obstetrician essentially forcing you to have a C-section so he can make it home for dinner? Look into having a Certified Nurse Midwife attend the birth.

FYI, a master's degree is higher academically than a professional doctorate. The MD degree is actually an undergraduate degree, as are the JD, DVM, DDS, etc. Many countries award baccalaureate degrees in medicine, not doctorates. The UK, for example, awards the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS).
edit on 12-9-2012 by kabfighter because: Added a period

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Yes no new doctors, because that is how cuts on medicare and medicaid spending is coming from

See, Obama is cutting everything, to finance Obamacare, but this is not in anyway to benefit the people, insurance will still charge more for services and insurance but you will be seen by what it will become a very demanding career, The nurses assistance this are nurses with master degrees in nursing that will be able to prescribe drugs like doctors do, but are not educated enough in doctorates to make what a private doctor makes.

My daughter is getting her masters now, to get into the demand that will arise after 2014 for this type of providers.

So get ready to see nurses assistance as doctors.

I think you mean Nurse Practitioner.

How can I believe the rest of your post if you didn't even get that right?

Or they meant Physician's Assistant. So maybe they were half right, you were all wrong. How can I believe the rest of what you post? See how dumb that statement sounds now?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm Sorry Stormdancer777,,,, That was 10!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join