It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Summed Up in One Sentence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

And you spring back with an opinion from Media Matters??
and a horrible song and video from Dead or Alive??

This survey is not alone. Previous surveys by Athena, Sermo, Deloitte, the Doctors Company Survey, the Physicians Foundation, and IBD/TIPP have clearly shown that most doctors are unhappy with the direction of things, and a clear majority are opposed to the health care law. The Physicians Foundation survey in 2010 found that physicians view Obamacare “as a further erosion of the unfavorable conditions with which they must contend.”

www.forbes.com...

A recent poll by sermo.com, a physican’s website, revealed that 75 percent of doctors are against the health care law, and a survey by Deloitte, a major health consulting firm, found that 69 percent of physicians are “pessimistic about the future of medicine” because of the law.

www.forbes.com...

A recently released poll of more than 2,000 physicians, conducted by Athenahealth and Sermo, is alarming. The poll, part of a broader Physician Sentiment Index, indicates that 79% of physicians are less optimistic about medicine since the passage of health care reform. Fifty-three percent indicate they will consider opting out of insurance plans with passage of the bill. Worst of all, 66% indicate that they will consider opting out of all government-run programs. The same reform bill that will provide "care for all" may drive away more physician caregivers than attract previously uninsured patients. What a predicament that would be.

www.forbes.com...

Gotta stop drinking the Media Matters kool aid...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Stop drinking the kool aid before its too late...

A recent survey by the Doctor Patient Medical Association Foundation reveals that 83 percent of physicians surveyed are thinking of quitting because of Obamacare, and 90 percent feel that the U.S. health care system is now heading in the wrong direction.

A survey done by the Orly Taitz of Healthcare...

The Doctor Patient Medical Association's founder, Kathryn Serkes, is a long-time veteran of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, a collection of crackpot malcontents that opposes mandatory vaccinations, wrongly believes undocumented immigrants spread leprosy, and dabbled in Vince Foster conspiracy theorism. The group itself is solidly conservative in its politics: it boasts membership in the National Tea Party Federation; describes the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as "Destruction Of Our Medicine," or DOOM;

www.sourcewatch.org...

OF COURSE...OF COURSE...you cite her "survey"...lord it is such a steady stream of BS.

She has been a mouth for hire for lobbyists for years...crazy woman.

FALSE: GOP lawmaker Jeff Duncan repeats survey finding that 83 percent of doctors are considering quitting due to Obamacare
www.politifact.com...
edit on 10-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Right Wing Media and Blogs Hype Ridiculous Phony Survey: 83% of Doctors Want to Quit Over Obamacare
littlegreenfootballs.com...

GOP lawmaker Jeff Duncan repeats survey finding that 83 percent of doctors are considering quitting due to Obamacare
www.politifact.com...

Conservative study on Obamacare full of holes
www.examiner.com...

Comically Awful Survey Says 83 Percent Of Doctors Might Quit Over Obamacare
mediamatters.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Which is why I am calling them Obamney.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I would think the influx of new patients would create more demand for doctors, and more people would choose to become doctors as a result. More patients = more jobs.

Nope. More burnout, and more medical errors due to medical mistakes:

"A substantial portion of U.S. doctors suffer from burnout on the job, according to a study published in the [August 2012 issue of the] Archives of Internal Medicine.(1)

"Of the nearly 7,300 doctors who participated in the survey, nearly half had at least one symptom of burnout; 38 percent had high emotional exhaustion scores; and 30 percent had high depersonalization scores (viewing patients more like objects than human beings) – twice the rate of the general population of working adults.

"The main complaint was excessive work hours – on average, doctors worked 50 hour weeks, with nearly 38 percent of doctors working 60 hours a week.

" 'Previous studies have shown burned-out doctors are more prone to thinking about suicide and to making medical errors than are their peers,' Shanafelt added..."
(1) AIM journal reference is here.

Also, if you were wondering, Archives of Internal Medicine is not published by "crackpots":

The Archives of Internal Medicine is a peer-reviewed medical journal published twice a month by the American Medical Association.

edit on 10-9-2012 by icanhaz because: added date of journal article publication

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by Stormdancer777

covers at least 10 million more people without adding a single doctor

So we should not cover any more people because we don't have enough Doctors?

a government that has already bankrupted Social Security

Really?

It is a logical impossibility for Social Security to go bankrupt.

Forbes.com

yes they bankrupted Social Security if you had been paying attention you would already know this. My mother barely made it to deadline to be able to collect. Its based on when you are born if your under 50 your screwed you will never see it

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Excellent video! Love it!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

covers at least 10 million more people without adding a single doctor

So we should not cover any more people because we don't have enough Doctors?

a government that has already bankrupted Social Security

Really?

It is a logical impossibility for Social Security to go bankrupt.

Forbes.com

Here is why that article is wrong. It states if 10 people need to be clothed/fed/etc then 10 people need to work. That is not at all the truth. If it were, then we would be paying in the same as when the system started.

through 1950, only 2% of income (1% employee, 1% employer) was withheld for Social Security purposes. Currently this rate has increased to 15.30% of income (7.65% employee, 7.65% employer) being withheld for Social Security

As you can see, we now pay 765% more than when the system was created.

There were 16 workers to support every one beneficiary of Social Security in 1950. This ratio has dropped to only 3.3 workers to support every Social Security beneficiary

As you can see it is not a 1:1 ratio. It started off at a 16:1 ratio. It is now 3.3:1, and soon will be 2:1. As it is we put in 15% of our income, soon this will be over 20% out of necessity. These are facts. If Forbes was saying it can't run out because we can keep decreasing benefits and increasing how much we take then they are correct I guess. Otherwise the fact the amount payed in has increased so much means that article is simply wrong.
library.thinkquest.org...
edit on 11-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
reply to post by jibeho

I would think the influx of new patients would create more demand for doctors, and more people would choose to become doctors as a result. More patients = more jobs.

And even if that means doctors will have to work harder to treat more people, the alternative (the way its been for years) is almost unspeakable. To let the poor suffer without treatment so that the rich will have more convenient access to healthcare... it's a very inhumane concept if you ask me.

Doctors won't take the patients. We are going to a tiered system. If you have good insurance Doctors will see you, if you don't, you won't be seen. This is all due to Obamacare.
Doctors limit new Medicare patients
Survey: Two-thirds of Colorado doctors refuse or limit basic Medicare patients

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

"Bankrupt" here is being used to describe a system which spends more than it takes in which occurred back in 2010.

Social Security to See Payout Exceed Pay-In This Year

This year, the system will pay out more in benefits than it receives in payroll taxes, an important threshold...

Analysts have long tried to predict the year when Social Security would pay out more than it took in because they view it as a tipping point — the first step of a long, slow march to insolvency...

But government doesnt live by the same rules as the rest of us. If our bills are greater than our income, we would no longer be solvent.

They just continue to borrow and spend, devalue the dollar and spend and spend some more. Just ask Europe how thats working out.

But so everything is clear, according to the CBO, Social Security will be completely depleted by 2037. Zero. And this is the CBO's calculations which are not reliable. It will undoubtedly happen sooner than that.

At that point is it ok to call it bankrupt?

Heres a simple rule to keep things clear: if government gets involved, it will, without a doubt, turn to s**t.

edit on 11-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

He was arguing that could never happen. He was wrong. Hopefully my post in conjunction with yours opens his eyes.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This lady just looks like a complete idiot with that Romney banner in front of her.

Obamacare is Romneycare, they are identical.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Uhhhh doctors already do this. And have been doing it for years, before Obamacare was ever even written.

I know from personal experience. And this was with private insurance.

edit on 11-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Realspoke, are you saying Obamacare is good for us in it's current form. With no changes?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

The only thing I like about Obamacare is the pre-existing condition clause and young adults being able to stay on their parents insurance. I am not a fan of the whole package though, I want nationalized healthcare like all the other western countries, along with the option to buy private.

Why are you accepting Obamacare now? Because Romney likes it? Are you still not going to go on about how it is fascist communist and unconstitutional? How it is evil that the government is forcing people to purchase insurance? What exactly do you want to change about it?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Uhhhh doctors already do this. And have been doing it for years, before Obamacare was ever even written.

I know from personal experience. And this was with private insurance.

edit on 11-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Do you work in healthcare? I work in a hospital. Most of our patients are medicare (geriatrics). Sorry, your talking about private insurance has nothing to do with my posted links to MEDICARE/MEDICAID reimbursements. Due to government gutting of medicare our Attending has had his wages cut by 33%. Yes, he lost 1/3 of his income. Those are hard facts, not your speculations.

ETA: I support a single payer system. Obamacare is not Romneycare, I will be more than happy to show you the difference.
edit on 11-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I think it is really sad that a big country like the US can't find a way to look after their own sick people.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Who spends more than the US on healthcare? If the answer is no one, then what is the meaning of your statement?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
i don't see whats so funny why are they laughing ?? its not funny its scary.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by troubleshooter

Who spends more than the US on healthcare? If the answer is no one, then what is the meaning of your statement?

The US spends more than the rest of the world combined but ranks what 50th?...
...and no universal care means lots of people fall through the cracks ... just sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join