It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we planting the seeds of life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Isnt it funny how we have thousands of scientists trying their best to find out how life began on this planet...was it from a comet that smashed into us? Was it this....was it that....

Yet we could be the cause of new life on other planets and will leave them, in a few million years, wondering "hmm how did we get here, what happened for us to exist?"

news.sky.com...

If we are contaminating other planets with earth microbes - have we just planted the seed and now wait for evolution to take place?

Just like a bee going from one flower to another :-)

if this has happened with curiosity - how many other probes could have contaminated other planets?
edit on 10-9-2012 by youwillneverknow because: extra question

edit on 10-9-2012 by youwillneverknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by youwillneverknow

Ha, that's exactly what I was just thinking about when I saw the contamination story posted here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think MARS can sterilize these mentioned microbes from its AIR/ ground sediment. But during the PROBE process Curiosity may be altering other energies there exposed to its ENERGY SOURCE.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And it is exactly what we should be doing. How stupid is it of us to try and confine what could be the only source oflife to this target called earth. If life dont spread from here before earth is swalloed by our sun we could be the cause of all life extinction in the univerese.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

To add SOL may upgrade many if that was a real process at hand. Considering many are Star material descendants? Interesting point you made though.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Interesting theory

But unless we intentionally have put an excessive amount of biological material on our probes
i do not think enough material would be present to spur on organic life or bio diversity.
edit on 10-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join