It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli PM praises Canada for cutting ties with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Source: cbc.ca

This thread is a supporting thread to abovetopsecret.com but is meant to deal with the Israeli stance on the issue. A recent interview with Benjamin Netanyahu in regards to Canada's cutting of diplomatic relations with Iran is found at the source.

"We have to build a wall, not of silence, but of condemnation and resolve. Canada just put a very big brick in that wall that is necessary for the peace of the world," he said.

Netanyahu added he is in talks with the U.S. about how further pressure can be applied against Iran, and repeated his recent call for diplomats to establish "a clear red line" that Tehran cannot cross if war is to be avoided.

It seems clear that Canada's decision will be made as an example to pressure other countries to do the same. Netanyahu appears to be shopping for powerful nations to draw lines in the sand. If these lines are drawn, and Iran crosses them, any future conflict with Iran will then be justified. For years Iran has ignored western demands and UN resolutions so the world has a good idea on how far Iran is willing to go. The question is, when the lines are drawn, do those nations already expect Iran to cross them?

"Iran will not stop unless it sees clear determination by the democratic countries of the world and a clear red line," Netanyahu told CBC's Wendy Mesley. "I don't think that they see a clear red line, and I think the sooner we establish one, the greater the chances that we won't need other types of action."

I'm not so sure he believe what he is saying here. He is implying that when everyone sets their boundaries, that Iran will step back. I do not think that is the case. After decades of sanctions, Iran has learned to fend for themselves. Although I'm sure their economy has suffered as a result, I don't see Iran turning around and accepting hand outs from western nations in exchange for scraping their nuclear program.

A few other statements he said in the interview were interesting as well. I'll summarize but you'll have to listen to the interview to get the actual quotes.

"Since I took office, I have been saying that Iran is moving systemically towards the development of nuclear weapons. That has been confirmed every year, every month, every day since I took office."

...um ...ok. Care to share that evidence that is flowing into your office everyday? I've said before, show me the proof they are building those weapons and the proof they intent to use them and I'll support a preemptive strike. Too bad Julian Assange is busy, maybe he could help get our hands on the piles of intel they have.

In regards to Harper: "I'm glad he choose to respond as he did. It puts him on the scale of world leaders at the highest level."

I'm not even sure how to respond to that one. If Harper is a 'leader at the highest level', we are all doomed!

Without re-posting the entire article here, there is one more quote I found interesting:

The U.S. military has a less distressed view of Iran than Israel's defence forces, with unclassified portions of the Pentagon's most recent report to Congress saying Iran's military strategy "remains focused on deterring an attack." However, the report acknowledges Iran is developing "technical capabilities that could be applied to the production of nuclear weapons" and has ballistic missiles "to target Israel."

So the US believes that Iran is not gearing up for any offensive, which I think is true as well. Ballistic missiles are possessed by 32 countries (armscontrol.org) and would be an asset to any military for offensive or defensive measures. Again just because they have technology that could be applied to nuclear weapons is not proof.

Iran has already called the move hostile and racist. Israel is praising the move. The result, Canada has just side stepped into the cross hairs.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
NuttyYahoo, I mean Netanyahu, is nothing more than a parasite. He is sucking the life out of all he purveys not realizing he is killing his host. When will he realize that he depends on his host for existence? Never. Parasites never do.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am Canadian and I DO NOT support the decision coming from Ottawa. I support the idea of PROOF. Show the world proof of Iranian intentions for nuclear weapons instead of just saying they want them (facts as it were, not just innuendo). Then let the world decide.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Part of the problem is with the persian apostate infidel leader's bootlicking supporters.

They will accept NO evidences whatsoever, and claim ANY evidence as a further conspiracy against their beloved Khamenei who is orchestrating and manipulating events around the world for the mythical appearance of the 'Mahdi' that he keeps talking about to fool and sacrificed innocent others, even of his own believers.

Another Jim Jones or Heavens Gate tragedy is about to occur soon if he is not stopped....

Fortunately, the rest of humanity is not blind nor stupid.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have ceased to try and figure out why everyone is bowing down to Nutcaseyahu.... what makes him special? What is it that he can offer to men and women of Earth? Nothing.... he's an egotistical maniac that doesn't care about the world, he just wants his imaginary prophecy to come true.

Governments around the world really really need to distance themselves from him and his way of ruling free people. If anyone needs to be sanctioned it is him. Shut him down and force him to remove every little piece of apartheid left in Israel so that all people in that area can live together as they are supposed to.

I am saddened by this choice from Canada. It would have gone a much longer way if they had instead removed their ties to the terrorist state of Israel.

top topics

join