It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US clandestine war in Yemen and Somalia..what the right hand is doing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The current military offensive coincides with an increase in U.S. military and CIA airstrikes against Al Qaeda in Yemen and Somalia.They have relied, in part, on intelligence gathered by CIA operatives and contractors in the contested tribal areas.
4,000 American troops, a number of F-16 jet fighters, and Apache helicopters arrived in the al-Anad Air Base on a military plane on July 1.
Obama's strategy in that region has been conducted illegally. There has been no recognition or approval from Congress and it has all been done in complete secrecy

antiwar.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
The current military offensive coincides with an increase in U.S. military and CIA airstrikes against Al Qaeda in Yemen and Somalia.They have relied, in part, on intelligence gathered by CIA operatives and contractors in the contested tribal areas.
4,000 American troops, a number of F-16 jet fighters, and Apache helicopters arrived in the al-Anad Air Base on a military plane on July 1.
Obama's strategy in that region has been conducted illegally. There has been no recognition or approval from Congress and it has all been done in complete secrecy

antiwar.com...

Do they need congressional approval when the Yemeni government is asking for help?

The answer is no. War on Terror my friend.

This really isn't that secret, but is ignored by the western media mostly. Your also not addressing the British troops and other coalition forces involved.

Source

I mean even wiki has a bunch info on this... Yemeni al-Qaeda Crackdown
edit on 10-9-2012 by thesungod because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

www.presstv.ir...
www.liveleak.com...
www.latimes.com...
i'm glad your adding to the thread,short of calling me an idiot,i think people should know about this
Interesting how the 'war on terror' also includes western SUPPORT for Al-qaeda in Syria

forum.prisonplanet.com...
www.youtube.com...
blog.amnestyusa.org...
www.presstv.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 10-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I didn't mean to imply anything about you being anything, just that it's not so secret for those that want to look into it.

I apologize if I came off that way, not my intent.

I don't understand the Syria thing either, just another piece of the crazy mixed up puzzle world we live in.

edit on 10-9-2012 by thesungod because: forgot it

edit on 10-9-2012 by thesungod because: see eta

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Here's what i see the puzzle as:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Know all about ole' General Clark. I've been telling this to people since '07 when I really began to wake up and question why I gave up my soul for a country that doesn't care. Also why I was sent to Iraq instead of Afghanistan.

To you sir.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I had to think long and hard about just what I could say to add to this thread

After a while I kinda realised I couldn't add much at all

But a thought for you to ponder on

What if certain nations were also engaged across Africa
And that's it not just about what resources are already there

Cryptic I know

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Wow, that's a big plane.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

It always has been about resources,terrorism is just a front
Gold,diamonds and oil

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I urge members to watch the above video
It's time we wise up to the evils brought upon us by our corporate controlled governments
who only add to the suffering of an already desperate continent,that is Africa

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Like I said, .......what if.......it's not just about the resources that are already there

Investing in the future

lol I'm sorry I'm not trying to be an arse
But in briefings regarding Africa and a number of ME nations a few words I don't usually hear have kept cropping up, and have steadily increased over the last 3/4 years.
Now this kicked off my spidey senses which I have learnt to trust
I'm still kinda connecting the dots myself, but my job lets me get a few more dots
The the more I look the more I'm convinced, and with how it ties in with many subjects we like to discuss here at ATS

I'm not usually wrong
Though it has happened, luckily never when it was needed
So if I'm on the money, I'd really REALLY rather not say

Like I said in my original post .......something to think about

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Was your post intended as a run-around?
I am aware there are vast untapped oil deposits in Africa that are suppost to rival Saudi Arabia.
and controlling piracy foff the tip of Africa is also a factor.

It is about resources,as i said..
Quote from you: "Africa ( mainly east Africa at the moment )
This is a resource war with social and political implications ( none more so than racial ) and thus is a covert war, ( sabotage assassination, subversion, what's referred to as your black ops) , countries need to be won over/ have puppets installed or constant rebellions until a 'friendly' leader is in place.
However because of this covert war unrest and rebellion has become the norm.
This has also served a second purpose, after the second world war the ally's agreed to leave Africa as an undeveloped country and to make efforts to keep it this way from even the indigenous people, essentially keeping Africa has a resource reserve for the future, for use by the developed nations.
This constant covert war has helped prevent the modernisation and development of Africa by its populous".

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah, it's been going on for a while now. USA Today did a story on it back in May.

www.usatoday.com...

Good old fashioned proxy wars just like at the height of the Cold War.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

It's pretty much the reason why the military has been reduced in size,because the CIA just train and pay another army to do the fighting for them,killing 4 birds with one stone.
1 not engaging directly with other nations,not risking American lives,3 paying less to get the job done,4 completing the objective.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No not at all
But interesting that you would do some research

It's not only the oil dude ........you don't need oil to live

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well it was YOUR Quote,where you state Africa is about resources

I agree we need more than oil to live

yes interesting, i'm sure there is much more going on than we are led to believe

Maybe Africa will be a nice place to live after ww3
Though i believe you and i would agree more than not, there is a shadow war afoot over money,and resources on this planet with China buying up all the mineral rites,mines, energy fields,and natural resources,
And the USA's agenda in the oil rich ME which is all but transparent since the GW1.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Agreed
it will be a nice place to live, even better to farm

Me I've kinda got a thing for Afghanistan

top topics

join