It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney 'Not Getting Rid of All of Health Care Reform'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This is the PERFECT video for this thread. Romney's position was foreseen by FDR:

For those who can't watch the video:

Let me warn you and let me warn the Nation against the smooth evasion which says, "Of course we believe all these things; we believe in social security; we believe in work for the unemployed; we believe in saving homes. Cross our hearts and hope to die, we believe in all these things; but we do not like the way the present Administration is doing them. Just turn them over to us. We will do all of them- we will do more of them we will do them better; and, most important of all, the doing of them will not cost anybody anything."

FDR Quote

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
let's see...the republicans screwed up this country so bad in the last administration, that we have a mini-depression...Obama didn't get it cleaned up in four years, so send us republicans back in....that's all i'm hearing

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

And what ignorance (short of ignoring you in your denial of Romney's flip flopping, and justifications of his.. everything) is it that we are embracing rather than denying?
edit on 11-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

When you have two elite party run by a corporate dictatorship that is all you get, you know the two parties are cut by the same corruption and complement each other when the previous party in power screw the nation with laws and bills and the acting party doesn't do anything the fix the mess but keeps pushing the same laws and bills to screw more the nation as they make new ones

Is only one group that benefits from the government and is corporate America, we the people has been forgotten.

Romney Care was bailed out in his state because it was bankrupting the state, guess who bailed him out, the Obama administration, because Obamacare was modeled on Romney care, now you tell me if the two are one or the same, the main goal is to keep the corrupted insurance business and big pharma profiting, regardless of what the two lying parties are telling you about.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Exactly. Romney will be the guy who fixed healthcare in a way that satisfied everyone. After it's "fixed" a bunch of democrats will keep quiet to keep their healthcare realizing they would be arguing against themselves, and Republicans will justify everythng they fought against because a Republican said it was fixed.

The only people that will be left with a complain are those of us that didn't support either, stuck with a giant bag of I-told-you-so's. Romney's a big government mod.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So who bails out the US when Obamacare or Romneycare or Obamneycare (whichever is around when we finally go broke) finally bankrupts us? That's the question.

edit on 11-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Sadly the same people that bailout the The corrupted elite behind the too big to fail when they screw us the last time the tax payer in the nation.

When you have a pot where you can dip into, you have no problem screwing the nation, specially if you get to make the laws.

We the tax payer are that pot.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I wonder which parts he's keeping and which parts he's repealing...

The Parts, that help his friends, keep their pockets fat. Kind of wonder, what he has to gain, in all this, and Im not just talking the Presidency.

Hold it, breaking news, this just in: After the “Meet the Press” appearance, a Romney aide clarified that Romney didn’t actually intend to guarantee that people with pre-existing conditions could get insurance. Rather, he would somehow encourage the free market to provide such coverage – even though, as anyone with diabetes or kidney disease can attest, the free market does no such thing .

Romney despises Obamacare – except when he loves it

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah, he's been all over this topic! He's sleazing and sliming his way through this election. I heard him hem and haw about the preexisting conditions yesterday.

89 Million with Preexisting Conditions Would be Left Out of Romney Plan

Around 10 p.m., the Romney camp had circled back to the same position it held back in March: that the governor supports coverage for preexisting conditions for people who have had continuous coverage.

If they have continuous coverage, then they don't need insurance to cover a preexisting condition! By definition, a preexisting condition implies getting new coverage while sick.

"medical condition that occurred before a program of health benefits went into effect."

Source

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Both parties elite agree on one point, people with pre existing conditions will not be deny health care coverage regardless if they have insurance now or will get one under the tax penalties

Now, if my understanding that those people needy and poor that will not be penalized with taxes for not been able to afford insurance will be the ones that have not insurance now and will not have one when the taxes are imposed.

We know that this group of the population either gets care in emergency room visits or have access to Medicaid.

Medicaid also is been cut, already here in my neck of the woods the free prescription allowance has been slashed.

I know because I have a friend that works with providers that offer services for Medicaid patients, she said that is getting harder to match people with needs to the new Medicaid requirements.

And people are complaining that they can not get all their medications.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No way though. The tax payers can't bail out a whole nation. When every dollar created comes with debt already attached they couldn't FED their way out of this problem. Also, the people behind the fed never take a real loss it seems. I mean when you get to that point of wealth it's just theoretical wealth. Nothing should be holding them up.

Another poster in this thread may have hit the nail on the head. Maybe we are set to fall as a superpower to prop up the UN as the new and only world power.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

He's not getting in so it's a moot point.

How many more times do people have to see Romney mess up like this before they get the hint that he's a terrible choice?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yep. It's bad when modern politicians have to have a team to walk back their comments as soon as the speak.
"Nah, stop. Walk it back, walk it back!"
The old leaders weren't like this. You can watch most all presidents from decades past (before 24 hours news cycles allowed people to be manipulated in such a way) , and good or bad, when they said something they meant it and were sure of it.

It just shows that Romney is just saying what he thinks will help his position. There is no way to cover pre existing conditions without an individual mandate and the free market isn't going to. We need to open up these markets so we can start lowering costs of insurance and pharmacueticals so people can afford it pre existing condition or no.

Trust me, we are watching the verrrryy looong way around the barn where eventually Romney does not repeal Obamacare at all, but actually just adds to it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Oh wow.. that is just total doublespeak. It's meant to confuse.. or it is just total idiocy. The term pre existing condition comes from someone who is seeking coverage because they haven't had continuous coverage (I know you know this B.H., just explaining).

It's one of those tricky things that is so simple and mind numbingly obvious that it is actually hard to be articulate about.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrWendal

I have honestly never heard him or his supporters mention replacing it once. Given the giant proclamations about his reform never being intended for anything other than state level id expect a few eyebrows to raise when he talks about natonal reform. Has he written two healthcare reforms? I doubt it. Also he said he is keeping the preexistinng condition coverage which goes hand in hand with individual mandate. How dumb are the gop members?

As for both candidates being the same, I am aware, anyone that has read any of my posts knows I supported Paul. I just like pointing out how Romney is the same, and especially in this instance because there will be no repealing.

Ask and ye shall receive my friend... you might get a kick out of this. As I said in a previous post, the way the Romney camp has handled this is quite amusing. In this first speech, just as the video starts, take a peek at the sign hanging on the front of the podium. It says, "Repeal and Replace Obamacare". Yet no where in his speech does he mention the word "replace" in reference to Obamacare, he only uses the word "replace" in reference to replacing Obama in Office. Yet that's not what the sign says.

Moving on... in this next speech Romney is babbling on and on about Healthcare and trying to defend his position of a mandate being used in the State of Massachusetts when he was Governor. If you fast forward to 5:10ish he will hear him go to what he will do for all Americans in regards to Healthcare. He then uses the words, "repeal and replace". At 9:38 you can his own words about what he will do.

And this is what we have seen over and over again. Yet the media as well as the camp focus more on how Romney wants to Repeal Obamacare- but not say too much until pressed that he in fact wants to REPLACE Obamacare with his own brand of Healthcare.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join