It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver Researcher Finds Flu Shot is Linked to H1N1 Illness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
link

A strange vaccine-related phenomenon spotted in Canada at the start of the 2009 flu pandemic may well have been real, a new study suggests.

Researchers, led by Vancouver's Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an influenza expert at the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, noticed in the early weeks of the pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-09 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn't received a flu shot.

Five studies done in several provinces showed the same unsettling results. But initially research outside Canada did not, and the effect was dismissed as a "Canadian problem," a problem with the flu vaccine used in Canada.

But a new study suggests the findings were real.

Seems as though there is more and more data/information confirming that vaccines are indeed dangerous. I have avoided vaccines for the last decade and will continue to do so. Gee... big pharma up to no good!? Shocker!

edit on 10/9/12 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags for external content

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good catch.
Man I'd like to see those studies done in other provinces..

And what is this - the last sentence of the article reads

But in the meantime, Skow-ronski insisted the findings should not deter people from getting flu shots.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
These results shouldn't surprise anyone. After all a vaccine puts a weakened or dead version of the virus into your body so your body can try and fight it off. As you can see it doesn't always work. Even though they would like you to think it does.

A vaccine contains a killed or weakened part of a germ that is responsible for infection. Because the germ has been killed or weakened before it is used to make the vaccine, it can not make the person sick. When a person receives a vaccine, the body reacts by making protective substances called "antibodies". The antibodies are the body's defenders because they help to kill off the germs that enter the body. In other words, vaccines expose people safely to germs, so that they can become protected from a disease but not come down with the disease.

How do Vaccines work?

The quote says "it can not make the person sick" Yea right, I'll take my chances without the vaccine.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know several people that took the regular flu shot and got sicker than they ever were of the flu before.

Kinda defeats the purpose don't it, if you normally only come down with the flu once or twice a year anyway.

Frankly, it's scary if you see how many shots little kids get nowadays, one after the other.

edit on 10-9-2012 by RockHarder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My dad just called me to ask if I want to get a flu shot because him and my mom are getting them.

I remember reading the title of this thread this morning, I was like "No, no no don't do it!!"

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I rarely email my more mainstream thinking friends
about outside the mainstream stories I read anywhere,
including ATS.
But this time thanks to you and your find,
they are gonna hear about this one.

new topics

top topics

join