It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Fungi - The Forbidden yet most Sentient Fruit of Nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

"An excerpt from the feature documentary by Louie Schwartzberg following notable mycologist, Paul Stamets, as he discusses the important role mushrooms play in the survival and health of the earth and human species."

Watch Pauls TED talk here, it's mind blowing information!

Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world

Watch this other TED talk for similar information about mushrooms role in biodegredation: Jae Rhim Lee: My mushroom burial suit
edit on 10-9-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This video shows that mushrooms may most likely be 'Manna' from biblical scripture.

They can grow overnight and can be a staple food to survive on.

I love me some 'shrooms. Sauteed being my favorite.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

and thats how jesus fed everyone, he just planted some spores and then overnight they grew and then the whole town ate.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That information was great ... the religious biblical reference not so much ...
Thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blu3nowh3r3

and thats how jesus fed everyone, he just planted some spores and then overnight they grew and then the whole town ate.

I'm talking about the Moses and the exodus into the desert: pre-Jesus era as the story is told. I'm also not trying to bring this to a biblical discussion.

I'm suggesting the knowledge of consuming and sustaining off of mushrooms is also mentioned in the bible.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
edit: I misread the response. sorry.

edit on 10-9-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Love mushrooms ... Both growing and eating them.

Thanks for the vid, the budding mycologist in me is looking forward to watching this when I get home from work

I love me some 'shrooms. Sauteed being my favorite.

Have to agree with that one ... Sautéed in lots of butter ... Mmmmmm
edit on 10-9-2012 by Isolation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

As long as you will admit that all world religions (Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu and Jewish) all have a common anthropomorphic cause in history that can be traced to similar archeoastronomy based beleief systems, I will have no problem in researching what you link me to further.

But if you are just going to point me to further (FULLY SUBJECTIVE) scripture predicated on your own subjective belief system then ... don't.

All the best.
Zeuzz.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Nope. I stopped there. It was only for the purpose of the importance of your mushroom reference. If it was from any ancient text I would have still linked it. Regardless of it being the Bible it could show the recording of what might be evidence of mushrooms being cultivated as a main food staple at one point in time.

But of course we take from these videos and writing what we will. I can't control what you learn or don't learn from any of it...nor would I want to.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Thanks, I guess I'm too used to dealing with militant religious people.
You have set a good standard

edit on 10-9-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That video was just amazing. It really make's one think about our future and what we could do. This man is a genius and it almost makes me want to go into this area of learning. Just amazing how fungi works for the whole earth. Just wow is all got to say.. Wow.

new topics

top topics

join