It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Rumbles [2014WC]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
“Oh, Solon, Solon, you Greeks are all children, and there is no such thing as an old Greek. … You are all young in mind; you have no belief rooted in old tradition and no knowledge hoary with age. … In our temples we have preserved from earliest times a written record of any great or splendid achievement or notable event which has come to our ears, whether it occurred in your part of the world or here or anywhere else; whereas with you and others, writing and the other necessities of civilization have only just been developed when the periodic scourge of the deluge descends, and spares none but the unlettered and uncultured, so that you have to begin again like children, in complete ignorance of what happened in our part of the world or in yours in early times. So these genealogies of your own people which you were just recounting are little more than children's stories. … The age of our institutions is given in our sacred records as eight thousand years …..."

That quote stuck in his head as he rewrote a line of code then logged on to his account. Transferred the data from his flash drive and then logged off. Grabbing his mug of coffee he turned off the lights and shut the door...

Grinning while making his way down the long now dimly lit corridor to the bunkers command center. Flashing his badge to the guard he was waved passed.

" I'm adjusting for the field harmonics" the young technician said while swiveling his chair sideways and reaching for a data-pad.

Just then a computerized female voice resonated across the entire bunker complex

"Main power restored in 5..4..3..2..1 Mark"

The large bank of computers flashed followed by the sound of the ventilation system starting up and the dozens of monitors blinked then came to life with all manner of Data displayed. He walked to his desk and pulled at his collar and whispered "Thank God the AC is back"

"Jeff, are you done with your final analysis?"

Jeff leaned back in his chair while looking over his right shoulder at Carol his immediate supervisor.

"Yes, I had to use the station in my office to upload the data. It should now be available in C-17-Alpha"

"OK, People lets get this right. We only have time for one last test" Carol said while lowering her glasses to read the smaller display situated on the console in front of her.

"Engage" Carol said calmly

The floor began to vibrate accompanied by an audible low frequency hum, both slowly increasing in strength and decibels.

"We have a green light" Jeff said as he watched all the levels rise to the top of the graphs he was monitoring. "We are at 50%, I call it good" He said as he recorded the time and and data retrieved.

"Test looks good people, initiate shut down"

"Main power shut down in 5..4..3..2..1 Mark" Came the computerized female voice again

"Jeff, you and I are expected in Johnson's office at 0500 on the dot" Carol said as she gathered some items and walked off into the darkness of dim outer edge of the rooms lighting.

He looked at his watch. He had a couple of hours to grab something to eat and maybe a quick nap....

Wiping the sleep from his eyes he quietly sat down and listened to the conversation already in progress

"How do we know the damn thing wont just blow us all up" The President asked from behind his desk of the Oval office shown on the large screen..

"Mr President, we have gone over the information and data we have retrieved from the artifacts taken from Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Afghanistan it appears that whoever they were knew a hell a lot more about this technology than we do. Couple that with the devices discovered under Teotihuacan in Mexico, Puma Punku in Peru, Ankor Wat, China and the submerged locations are all still functional"

The President looked over his glasses at the screen then back down at the same information on a sheet of paper just handed to him..

"Speaking of Mexico and Peru, We have been in contact with both facilities there earlier this morning they have everything in place. We should be ready to go by 12PM EST today"

"Mr President" a voice from within the Oval office spoke up off screen.
"Beijing said they are ready to coordinate with us, they are just waiting for the word as well."

The President paused for a few moments. Then looked up at the screen again..

"So, you say, Tesla was right?"

"It appears so." Johnson replied.

"Well answer me this Johnson, who placed these devices under all those locations... Tesla? "

"No Sir, But apparently Tesla was onto the right idea he just didn't have access to our computing power, the modern Global communications network nor the funds needed to carry it out on this scale and he didn't know about the preexisting Ancient network" Johnson replied then waited for a response....

"I can't wait to get us and everybody for that mater off the Fossil fuel and Nuclear energy addictions. Why, just this morning..... We got an early morning notification that Israel is in final prep to take out those Iranian Bunkers now that it has been confirmed beyond all doubt that they have been developing a Bomb" The President said leaning back while crossing his arms and cupping his chin.

He proceeded,

"If this works we'll have no need for Nuclear energy nor fossil fuels and in one fell swoop will have knocked out the two main reasons for war in the last 100 years... I want to go on National TV tonight....This will look great for China/US relations and demonstrate to the world that there will be no third world war but cooperation..."

"It only cost the US it's reputation and National treasure to wage two unpopular wars and the over throwing of several Governments to obtain the relics and secrets"
Jeff thought to himself in disgust..

The Presidents voice became clear again

"Hopefully Tehran and Tel Aviv will take notice! Proceed"

"let's get this show on the road"

Johnson said to the two sitting there as the large screen went blank. The hours passed quickly as noon approached. One of the technicians had piped in GNN News and watched the reports of the days escalating rhetoric from Israel and Iran with Russia warning of military intervention being tossed about.

"Main power restored in 5..4..3..2..1 Mark"
Carol looked over at Jeff's station, his chair was empty. She shrugged her shoulder " I guess when you gotta go to the can, you gotta go. Shame he'll miss the show he has worked so hard for"

"Engage" She once again said calmly....

"This is a GNN Special Report, We have multiple confirmed reports that Israel has just launched a massive air assault on locations in Iranian Territory........"

Jeff climbed quickly up and over a ridge just outside the facility heading out into the Virgina wilderness wearing a heavy pack loaded with survival gear stopping every so often looking back laughing to himself. The ground rumbled then shook violently as the Earth titled on it's axis and instantly stopped rotating sending the Oceans over vast amounts of coastlines inland as simultaneously the Ancient device set off a massive Planet wide EMP release. The size and scale was beyond modern sciences wildest imagination.

The Earth slowly started it's rotation again and would take 3,000 years to return to it's former axis and a further 6,000 for the EMP effects to completely clear..

Somewhere in an obscure part of our Galaxy the Watchers noticed on their transparent view screens that the tiny blue planet they had colonized but had to abandon once again fell silent as the Ancient reset button activated.....

edit on 10-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Nice.

I love how you tied possible past events with the future...Very well written and entertaining.

S & F

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Thanks...

It's short but sweet. I tried to tie in a few historically ancient aspects, a little philosophy with a dash of the modern world.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Epic!! Nice job SLAYER!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nice ending to Sitchins story, (which still has me beguiled, after reading it 2 years ago), bit more meat, and you got a book/film.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JabbaClease

I appreciate the feedback but to be honest I wasn't thinking of Sitchin spl? when I wrote that but rather all the other combined historical events, modern situations and some of those of questionable sources.

Plato and Enoch.
edit on 10-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You know you cannot stop now, yes?

Well done, Slayer! You are a man of many talents

J

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Stop now?

OK you've lost me....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

A really great story Slayer...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by LadyJae

Stop now?

OK you've lost me....

lol...the story, Slayer. It begs for more chapters. I beg for more chapters

J

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Duh ok I'm sorry

That thought hadn't crossed my mind....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

A really great story Slayer...

Thank you mama.

Now I have the idea of writing more to it for another non contest related series....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Nice to see something substantial from you, without the flashing popularity glamor. You have a solid story plot going on there, rife of grammatical errors, but satisfying nonetheless. Had to SnF.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks.

I wrote it in like 10 minutes lying in bed with my lap top before coffee

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I can't write before a sip of coffee, it's a rule. Kudos to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Not bad at all

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Beguiling idea. If only. I like the combination of ancient and modern elements. Have been several good threads on ATS this ties in with, most recently the Naska lines thread. Great read.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I appreciate the feedback.
I've read quite a few of the others and many are very, very good.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've pushed that button. It says "That was easy!"

Fun read.

I wonder after such a scenario if some brave and beaten submarine crew pops the hatch on some "new" continent and starts this party anew. Keep it up man.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

They find the rest of humanity beginning to live again in the stone age.

Maybe their sub came to rest on top of some Mountain........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join