It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: Fears Curiosity Will Contaminate Planet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

I'd like to know what type of hazards the Curiosity experienced on it's trip from Earth to Mars.

Would the Curiosity Lander have been subjected to any intense cosmic radiation? If so, wouldn't this radiation decimate any microbial life, or life in general, on the Lander?

Furthermore, if the Curiosity were subjected to intense cosmic radiation, wouldn't the remnants of the radiation sent to Mars via Curiosity be a huge concern for any potential contamination it could cause to native life on Mars that may be encountered?

Also, shouldn't the radiation alone - regardless of any Earth microbial contamination - be reason enough to worry about planned experiments being compromised?

Those would be my initial questions, assuming Curiosity was subjected to intense radiation.
edit on 10-9-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by welshreduk

lets send roaches there to initiate terraforming

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I wonder if that is how life started on Earth, one big whoops.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Maybe mars had a previous woops with Earth then died off. Now we just had a woops on Mars and it will produce life as we die off. Thus the circle of life.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Contaminate it for whom?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think that the reason they are so worried about these microbes is not some big conspiracy. It probably boils down to the fact that they wanted to get as accurate results on the natural structure and environment of Mars as possible. Now they may be second guessing themselves for the rest of eternity, should the find microbial life on Mars, if its terrestrial Martian or Earth based. Then all the "life cannot exist there" people will immediately jump up and say that it MUST have been contamination and nothing more. It might be hard for NASA to ever prove otherwise...

Or, its a cover-up... Which, while more entertaining, doesn't seem like the most logical answer.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

LOL put the picket signs away please..

What environment?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

What?! Where exactly did you hear this from? I know this forum is all about conspiracy but man adjust the tinfoil in your hat.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Send up tons of microbial life, terraform the # outta that big red rock. Send up a big jar of roaches to start with lol, see how they go .

In all seriousness, would any type of microbial life have been able to survive the trip to mars? would it not have been killed by radiation and such?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Curiosity is nuclear-powered. Some people have speculated that there is more than just a miniature nuclear power source / reactor(?) with its package of "goodies." Some have speculated that Curiosity has a SELF DESTRUCT capability, that it is either capable of a nuclear explosion and/or has the ability to deploy at least two tactical nuclear bombs. Why?

From what has been said, there are certain "unsavory" entities in the caves/caverns of Mars. Another speculation states that regardless of the unsavory entities being there or not, ther are ruins of a highly controversial nature known to exist on Mars, in the area of Curiosity's deployment. A nuclear power source allows Curiosity to function in places with no sunlight (caves/caverns) so that it can deploy one, two or more tactical nukes, navigate away to a safe distance. Two options at this point:

1. After deploying the tactical nukes, Curiosity would set them off at a safe distance and continue exploration.
2. Same as above, but Curiosity deploys itself to another target and sets-off itself to take out an additional location.

There is another option of not setting-off the nukes in order to use them as "leverage" in potential future situations. Any tactical nukes set-off on Mars would simply not be reported. If any of the public were to discover the nukes going-off by chance, NASA or some agency might put forth the explanation that the explosions were nothing more than bright visual anomalies.

So, the issue of contamination is not as much of an issue within the context of potential nuclear destruction/warfare on and below the surface of Mars.
edit on 10-9-2012 by GhostLancer because: Typo

Mate that is ridiculous , that is all.
2nd line

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It must be that the Martians that live underground made an agreement with Nasa that they can doodle in the desert but just stay away from the their (in and out of the ground) transportation tubes to their underground cities etc.

As long as their in the desert they will probably leave them alone. The martians because they were forced to live underground by a solar flare, spent so much time underground that they have to wear space suites when the visit the earth.

I think there must be a grand secret that nasa is hiding about this!

The martians I think want to open up their contact with earth because they are low on water and are tired of taking chemical - liquid showers.

At least that is what Ernest Normans mentions in this book "The Truth About Mars". I can't say for sure if it is true or not. But the fact that Gary Wilcox spoke with martians in 1964 April 24th if true seems amazing. Unless aliens lie which I hope they didn't.

My song in the signature link talks about it in the description link.

I love kicking things around like this because of all the obvious artifacts on mars and putting things together and trying to understand why things seem to gel in these scenarios.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Fake story
like the whole 'curiosity ' is but an occult Ritual

- this particular story is only ment to leak 2 words into peoples subconsciousness:

"mars " and " biological life "

Conditioning, for what is to come.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I dont see how a little device like the rover can contaminate an entire planet. Is it possible that germs from our planet could even survive on mars?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
this would be bad news... if we'd actually sent this thing to mars, luckily, it's driving round an earth desert (aus/nevada) so we don't need to worry.

i think we've done more damage by broadcasting some weird talentless f**k called William across the universe. For lightyears to come aliens will be receiving his signals and wondering WTF it is

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Just maybe, they're not really on Mars and are in some desert somewhere. if theyre lucky they might find a snake like creature there lol

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

I know im here on ATS and but i hate to get all conspiracy-ee but i feel like this could be a possible way to discredit any real life found on the planet. you know "just in case". maybe to buy more time for their preparations for disclosure of findings. maybe its to muddy the waters etc. ? It just seems very convenient that the very drill used to search for life has been possibly contaminated.

The EXACT same thought popped in to my head as well, as soon as I read the title....
2nd...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BazRaza7
Just maybe, they're not really on Mars and are in some desert somewhere. if theyre lucky they might find a snake like creature there lol

Like what happened in Alternative-3!!!
2nd...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
leave it to America to contaminate everything it touches........wonder what the clean up effort will cost the taxpayer.....the martians will likely sue us for destroying their habitat.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Curiosity contaminated the Mojave desert? ya don't say.....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Tactical nukes?? You have to be joking?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join