It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: Personal Stories of the Day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'd love to hear how events unfolded on 9/11/2001 for people here.

I was only ten years old, sitting in my sixth grade class before class in the second week of school. It was unusual, the teacher forgot to turn off the TV after morning announcements and a few minutes later CNN popped onto the screen with planes crashing into a city tower. My teacher watched for a minute then shut it off and ran to tell some other teachers. We were sent home early.

When I first saw those images on the TV, I was a little confused. It didn't occur to me that it was happening in America. Not only that, but I live in NY about 150 miles from the city. None of the significance initially registered. I thought they were maybe showing something from years ago. As the day went on, the tone became more serious and by the time I got home I was on the verge of crying. But I didn't, for one reason or another. I just sat in my family room watching CNN all day. My grandma wanted me to turn it off, but I refused.

All of us sixth graders got over the event rather quickly. Perhaps it triggered some sort of apathetic denial. Despite being a good student in high school, I never looked into politics in depth and reconsidered 9/11.

Then, three years ago I was hit by a car in late August and was layed up in the hospital for 11 days. During that week I couldn't stop watching 2012 stuff on Discovery and started thinking in some different ways. A few days after coming home I found myself lying in bed all day, incapacitated after surgery on broken bones in both arms and my face, watching 9/11 documentaries on the history channel all day. After all those years, I finally had a cry over 9/11. One of these documentaries was a conspiracy one.

So where were you all when you heard about the towers? How did you react? When did you start questioning the narrative?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was living in Spain at the time, I was 13 or so eating pizza with my mother and there was a TV in the corner of the take-away, my mother looked rather shocked and I didn't really comprehend the event and what was brought along with it. I saw the first building on fire and saw the second plane hit.

I can't exactly pin-point at what time I started doubting the official story but I know Youtube played a big part in it, along my own side of reasoning. At that time I was already a UFO fan and heard of the stories of fighter jets trying to intercept UFOS and I wondered why the planes on 9/11 weren't intercepted etc. That got me intrigued.

Although I was on the other side of the planet with no known relatives in the USA or any kind of connection I still know exactly where I was when I first saw it on the news.

I hope you recover fully from your accident by the way, sounds nasty!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was nearly going to bed for the night, when the news of the first plane hitting the towers came over the tv.

I will never forget that day.

It seemed surreal and at the time I could not believe it was actual fact, and not a movie or some work of fiction.

my thoughts go out to everyone that has lost someone in that devastating day, for both sides of the fence.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I was 37 years old and getting ready for work the morning of September 11th. My dad called me asking if I was watching the news. I flipped it on and saw the first tower burning. I was absolutely stunned and could not tear myself away from the television, and finally got into the office early afternoon. I remember being as stunned as anyone watching the events unfold that morning, all the emotions were running through me, horror, sadness, anger, patriotic pride, but also an underlying questioning. Seeing the towers fall the way they did made little sense to me on many levels, it looked exactly like a controlled demolition, the towers fell too fast and instead of toppling over they fell straight down. At that point in time I wasnt even aware of WT-7s collapse. The questions I had on the towers collapsing were for the most part drowned out by my other emotions that day and in the months to follow.

I was a lifelong Republican at the time, and like many I felt a fierce pride watching GW standing in the rubble declaring war on those we considered responsible, and I fell for all the jingoistic rhetoric being spouted by our "leaders"
Life went on and I supported the war on terrorism and the initial invasion of Iraq. I felt fierce pride at Pat Tillman's giving up a lucrative Football career to emabark on what he considered his patriotic duty. Pat was killed, I watched the way his family was treated and how his memory was dishonored. It was very easy to see how Pat was killed for speaking out on the war, his usefullness as an unwitting War propoganda tool had become a liability.
Any clear thinking person studying the events surrounding Pat's death can come to no other conclusion in my mind. Watching Rumsfeld's condescing attitude and smirks towards Pats family at the Tillman hearings, hearing the testimony of those who had served with Pat, and all the events surrounding his death, began my questioning in earnest on the entire 9/11 crime. Hearing the way Pat began questioning Americas involvement in the middle east after being sent over there, his quite vocal anger and his view that he was being used as a tool for a bogus war stirred my blood even more. I began researching in earnest all the events surrounding 9/11, I threw off my partisin hat long enough to open my eyes to the truth, and things have never been the same since.

I have to tell you, sometime's ignorance truly is "bliss" The rabbit hole is deep, and not very comfortable.
edit on 10-9-2012 by crawdad1914 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join