It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble has spotted an ancient galaxy that shouldn't exist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

The reason Stephen Hawking bet against the Higgs Boson is the same reason BX442 is the best kind of discovery; not only does this galaxy set a new benchmark by way of its cosmic seniority, it's also super weird — weirder than what anyone thought was possible. In science, these are the finds that help us rework our understanding of nature, the discoveries that force us to step back from what we thought we knew, re-assess our preconceived notions, and bring forth a newer, more fully formed view of our Universe.

Best part of the story imo. Admitting needing to change.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is an example of why i`m skeptical when the "experts" say things like, nibiru can`t exist, it`s impossible to travel faster than the speed of light,etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
How do they know how old it is... ?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
How do they know how old it is... ?
It's both complicated and simple. The simple part is Hubble's law. The complicated part is how Hubble's law was verified and how it is amended for distant objects. This link should give you a little insight:

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

That talks about distance, but since light travels at the speed of light which is a constant, then distance is also an indication of time, because the further an object is, the older the light from it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
This is an example of why i`m skeptical when the "experts" say things like, nibiru can`t exist, it`s impossible to travel faster than the speed of light,etc.

Exactly! well said Sr.

Science is a great tool and we need it but i love it when things like this article slap dogmatic scientists trying to create their own new and super powerful religion in the FACE!

Dogma is not just for religion, the scientific community gives it a go once in a while.

Sweet!

The Rat.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
About 9 billion years ago is about right for galaxies to form, so it is close, but then that would mean most of the stars would be very big, AND had gone super nova a long time ago...interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by soul44

Most of the time ...

we have no solid proof of whats really happening

, but when experimentations are devised to test the observations it stops being theoretical, to be factual (as far as factual can be asserted) .

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

i`m skeptical when the "experts" say things like, nibiru can`t exist, it`s impossible to travel faster than the speed of light,etc.

You should ignore anyone that calls himself an expert, the attribution is only valid when given by others, a recognition of merit, and then it must be verified by yourself as true...

Nothing is impossible, overtime you hear anyone state that something is impossible you must put it in the right context or discard the person as an idiot, no better that those that create tabloid news titles (now common on ATS) that have very little to do with reality.

Listen to those scientist that admit that there is a chance that you can walk trough walls, even if minuscule, those are the ones that are able to see beyond reality's barriers, and generally the ones that are more interesting to listen to...

edit on 13-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

A perfect galaxy that old kind of implies what I've been thinking for a while: the big bang we know and love was actually a little bang that only created our quadrant of the universe. And this newly discovered galaxy is from another quadrant that had its own little bang. Then again, what the hell do I know?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join