It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the new age and truth movement now become cults sects ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ever heard of David Wilcock? He's the perfect example of a new age charlatan and his followers turn it into a cult.

I don't follow David Icke anymore, but at least he seems to be sincere in what he believes and isn't a cocky little twerp like Wilcock is. But in the end, both are cult leaders and their followers are chasing a mirage.

I got out of the David Icke thing a while back after watching a lengthy and detailed video exposing the origins of new age beliefs. Also how people like Alice Bailey, Madam Blavatsky, Aleister Crowley, and so on ressurected these beliefs out of mystery religions from ancient times.

www.youtube.com... David Icke Debunked (Full Movie)

edit on 12-9-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

can you elaborate? sound intriguing if your for serious

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My major issue with Icke would be his views on healing and modern medicine.

Especially when it comes to HIV he seems to jump on any bandwagon that sounds anti-authoritarian, instead of discussing the true concerns, abuses and inequalities related to "big pharma".

However, since I first encountered his books in 1998, few people seem to stick to his claims here, and most that I know who read Icke continue to use modern medicine to great effect, from surgeries to chronic medications, so that aspect only has appeal to those already opposed to "big pharma" from other sources.

In that aspect both extremist New Age and Christian (and other religious) groups teach the same nonsense on faith healing and quack "cures".

It's such a broad footnote (and industry) in various conspiracy circles that to dismiss entire theorists with many other things to say because they indirectly killed people with their unproven junk theories would be unfairly prejudicial.

He can keep his colloidal silver and monotonic (whatever) gold supplements, or his books by dead AIDS-denialists.
I wanna hear about the reptilians!
No doubt that by taking so many esoteric theories he has popularized conspiracy thinking, and dared people to question their reality, including some of the things he espoused.

For some Icke's more fantastical inclusions threaten to undermine "true conspiracy theory".
At least with me it was the opposite, because it allowed me to stretch my imagination so wide that I could discard things which I experienced as untrue (HIV/AIDS denialism), while noticing the increased spread of others into wider and even academic discourses (like a focus on NWO "globalization" or "hegemony").

edit on 14-9-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The big question for me ?

David icke claiming the Queen the royal family are really shape shifting vampire blood sucking reptilians, as are the other 12 families of the Illuminati 13 blood lines,

but the 300 families that protect the 13 blood lines are not,

and that the moon is a hollow reptilian space craft

we see in Genesis on day four God creating the greater and lesser light , the sun and the moon, to mark, night and day, the 24 hr day,

stars also, so that times and seasoned would also be marked, the luner cycle we have a new moon , harvest moon, blue moon, blood red moon.

the moon its gravitational pull, on the earth affecting tides.

but no to icke its a reptilian space craft, according to alex collier to, and was ordered to fly away be the galactic council in 2002.

other storys i have heard, that make me wonder , you could make up just about any thing, and some would believe it.

especially if its right out there, ie vibrations from a black hole heading to earth will awaken and transform you,

then when asked are you feeling the vibrations, people start saying yes im feeling them, im awakening

how gullible is gullible how far does and can gullible go. ?

edit on 14-9-2012 by dwarfflex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Delete
edit on E14America/Chicago08558 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join