Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israel is thinking of using EMP / nuclear weapons against Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Oddly enough, this approach will only encourage the Iranians to get nukes. A nuclear state attacking a non-nuclear state only demonstrates the necessity of possessing nukes, so one may ward off the very sort of attack that is being threatened here. Also, would this not create a sort of justification for another nation to launch an unprovoked nuclear strike on Israel, at a time of their choosing? Curious strategy Israel.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Do you know if the EMP fallout is dangerous to people? It's still radiation, but is it in enough to kill people on the ground?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
First of I have to thank Xcathdra and anyone else who posted the truth. It seems there are many I would have needed to reply to but Xcathdra took care of it..Read any of Xcathdras post and you will see the truth. I would respond but it would just be redundant becuase Xcathdra prety much posted what I would have said. So thanks again

Now to add my 2 cents. I think its funny how manny of you like to come out in droves defending something you don't understand. Having knowledge and background into islam one knows that anyone who doesn't practice islam is an INFEDELE. And if a muslim cant convert you they can kill you and they get heaven.

Did you know that they will do whatever it takes even lie or kill there own aslong as they can exterminate infidels.
If any of you had background knowledge or did some research you would know that all islam is technically radical and if your not a muslim your the enemy its as simple as that.

Now moving along, are some of you really siding with someone who is so delusional they would deny the fact the holocaust has happened?

Wow just wow. As for me I don't care what religion someone practices as long as it doesn't bring me or others harm. So I am not bashing Iran Or Islam I am only pointing out the facts.

Now to those who say an emp isn't humane. Let me answer that with a question. What is better for innocent people to be nuked and killed or just have the power go out? Lol cmon get over yourselves an emp is obviously more humane when it comes to warfare. Sure some people may die but it will be less than if it was a blast to decimate there country.

Deny Ignorance! I think the ones who think Iran is inocent forgot to do that

Ps I'm just defending the underdog since most of you like to attack Israel..However my personal opinion may or may not be reflected in this post
hey I think you should go check out Irans official name you might learn something
edit on 10-9-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: Ps added

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Send em back to the stone age? They already are.

I'm all for a peaceful solution but, if some has said they want to wipe you off the face of the planet while they are
on a fast track to nuclear weapon capability, I would feel backed into a corner and looking for a way to help my people.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread880164/pg6#pid14943739ost by HumanitiesLastHope[/url]

Interesting points. Both Nazi ideology and literature such as the Protocols of the Elders of zion, directed the very same bigoted accusations towards Jews that you levy against Muslims. To this day people cite passages from the Talmud in an attempt to foster anti-semitism, just as you attempt to drum up islamophobia. Now, one could certainly make a case for the desperate need of secular democracies in the islamic world. But that's a whole different argument. Regarding the Iranian President, of course he is a fool to deny the Holocaust. That's up there with flat earth theory. Regarding Israel, I'm a supporter, but I just don't get their strategy. Regarding your knowledge of Islam, what of it?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Do you know if the EMP fallout is dangerous to people? It's still radiation, but is it in enough to kill people on the ground?

I'm not sure what you mean by "EMP fallout"? Those are two different things. I can tell you this.
A weapons burst contains a lot of dangerous things, the "most benign" of which is the Electo Magnetic Pulse. Heat, blast and radiation usually destroy anything you might need power for anyway. The EMP is a bonus effect sort of, that like fallout, reaches far beyond the blast radius of a bomb.

It is electrical current basically that radiates outward at the speed of light in the initial detonation. Blink and it is gone by. If it encounters anything made of metal, then electrical current builds up in it, over powering things like circuit boards easily (zzzt) and running along or through things like rail road tracks, power lines and cyclone fences. Imagine leaning against a cyclone fence in a lightning strike, sort of like that. But you generally would not have much to worry from that effect of a bomb. Out in the open, the heat from the detonation would cook exposed skin and if you are close enough, vaporize you just before the blast blew your ashes into dust.

One other "radiation effect" is the instantaneous release of x-rays and Gamma radiation that also pulses out at the speed of light in the beginning. It pretty much penetrates anything in its path including the ground.

A good example of this was during Hiroshima. The hospital in town reopened and began to treat survivors several days after the event. When they went to gather the x-ray film from the vault in the basement of the building, all the film was exposed where it lay. Underground... In a basement... in a vault. X-rays...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There is something I don`t understand about Israel. They have plenty of nuclear weapons but are scared to death of any of their neighbors getting any. Considering that pretty much all of neighboring nations of Israel hate them due to the way the league of nation(later called the UN) and the British and American governments set up the state of Israel in the first place, they should be worried. It has been clear to me for years that all of those nations do not like Israel due to a lot of historical fact which I will not post here in order to stay on topic.

Israel has at least several hundred nuclear war heads and their neighboring nations know it. Israel seems to be itching to use those nuclear warheads so none of those nations are going to outright go to war with Israel. Also, in my humble opinion EMP`s are a dirty weapon only to be used during total war; and nukes are of course totally unacceptable. Any government who would even allude to using nukes against their fellow humans have lost their way as humans. I think that if Israel stopped threatening their neighbors, stop oppressing the people of Palestine and start having peaceful talks with their neighbors with the intent of creating peace love and harmony the middle east would be much more stable.

BTW Carter busted the lid wide open on Israel`s nuclear weapon count a while back.
Carter exposes Israel`s nuclear weapon count and says not to worry about Iran

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

Let me ask you to go just one step further, please.

I think that if Israel stopped threatening their neighbors, stop oppressing the people of Palestine and start having peaceful talks with their neighbors with the intent of creating peace love and harmony the middle east would be much more stable.
Why do you think they aren't following those three paths? (And they may have separate reasons for each.)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, you are not allowed to 'wipe a country off the map' but you are allowed to 'send a country back to the stone age'...if you're Israel of course.

Well the Sharia law already brought them back to the stone age... ok middle age.
Why would they need all those electronics?
they're not allowed to listen to music watch western movies and are constantly exposed to propaganda of their sickening religion through all sorts of (electronic) media..
I find it pretty plausible to usher an attack with EMP devices, and while ironic a high altitude burst also does the job.
I wonder what will happen with Hamas and Hezbollah when all communication and financial channels are cut off, would they finally die off?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
reply to post by ALF88

I was just reading that earlier, and was thinking of making a thread and bam here it is lol..

Um WTF are you talking about? Iran is the enemy and Israel has to do a preemptive strike before its to late.
did you forget good ole ahmadinajad once to wipe em off the map, did you forget the radical islams and his regime want to destroy the world and convert everyone to islam

Ok let me put it this way: I think Israel is choosing the humane approach. Instead of senseless killing they can solve there problems with a simple emp. Sounds like a win to me.

I want to pitch a perfect game in the majors, have so much money I can make Bill Gates my landscaper while I set up college funds for all of my great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren, invent a cold-fusion-powered car, and return Earth to a pristine state while revamping the layout of all civilized areas so that every population center has self-sustaining, organic farms and greenhouses. When I'm done with that, I plan to also invent a craft which can travel between star systems, and begin to colonize the galaxy.

It's not going to happen, just like Iran is not going to "wipe Israel off the map, destroy the world, and convert everyone to Islam." If Zimbabwe said they wanted to stab every single person in Europe and grind the bodies up, then sprinkle plague all over the U.S., would we attack Zimbabwe? No...because they DON'T HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO DO THAT, just like IRAN DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO DESTROY THE WORLD AND CONVERT EVERYONE TO ISLAM.

Please, stop believing the ridiculous fantasies fed to you by those who want us to dedicate our resources to destroying other nations for corporate profits and whatever other questionable means they have in mind. Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by intrptr

I was thinking the same thing, also, what happens with nearby satellites? I reckon certain countries such as Russia, China, US, France have some birds watching the area and they could be exposed to a large radiation belt.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

This is probably the very reason why Iran ramped up it's movements towards that new heavily fortified underground and very secretive installation that has been brought up by the Pentagon, IAEA, CIA and other intelligence agencies. If I were Iran I would do the same thing. It makes sense that Iran would be wise to this tactic being an option and to secure an installation that's nearly impossible to penetrate that has the proper infrastructure safeties in place against bunker busters and emp attacks and others things of that magnitude.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

reply to post by ALF88

I found this bit of information about how wide of an area an EMP nuclear weapon can affect.

The pulse can easily span continent-sized areas, and this radiation can affect systems on land, sea, and air. The first recorded EMP incident accompanied a high-altitude nuclear test over the South Pacific and resulted in power system failures as far away as Hawaii. A large device detonated at 400�500 km over Kansas would affect all of CONUS. The signal from such an event extends to the visual horizon as seen from the burst point.

I would think if they used such a weapon, they would be affecting more than just the country of Iran. It could backfire and Israel may end up having to defend itself from neighboring countries.

The effect radius of an EMP weapon depends on the burst altitude. If detonated at low altitude (say, 30,000 feet), the radius would be small; detonated at higher altitudes, the radius is much larger. The IDF would not need to detonate one large EMP over central Iran - they could detonate several at low altitude, over specific areas they intend to attack later with bunker-busters, in order to render Iranian air defenses useless just before the main attack sorties. They could also destroy Iran's air defense network in such areas at-will, as a secondary target package.

I don't have much faith in Iranian air defenses being able to stop the initial EMP sorties. We all saw how "effective" Iraqi air defenses were against U.S. technology. Iraqi air defenses were of Soviet manufacture. The Iranians have been equipped with some modern Russian radars and fire-control systems, which are arguably better than the systems employed in Iraq in 1991 and 2003. I have more faith in the IDF's ability to thwart the modern Iranian AD capabilities.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the IDF could use, as an alternative to EMP weapons, the carbon fiber weapons to disrupt the power grid long enough to give their main attacks a better chance of success, especially if any primary targets are located near heavily-populated areas.
edit on 11-9-2012 by jt327gir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

Electromagnetic Pulse
This Wiki article is good reading for our discussion. To answer your question, a nuclear weapon used as an EMP weapon (all nuclear weapons release an EMP at detonation) would have dangerous (or lethal) levels of radiation fallout. A non-nuclear EMP weapon releases an electromagnetic pulse only (as well as the effects of conventional explosives used to set off the EMP warhead), which produces no damaging nuclear radiation. Non-nuclear EMP weapons have a very limited effective range, so I would imagine this is the type Israel would use in any attack scenario against Iran's nuclear weapons program.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Raelsatu

These people are mentally sick on a whole new level.... they literally are daydreaming about which method is best to wipe out a country & destabilize the globe, most likely sparking a 3rd WW -- as if this is a game of Risk. Fear-mongering, false-flag globalist scum need to be dethroned & tossed into prison to live with the rats imo.

I don't think it's nice to talk about the Iranians that way, Ahmadinejad, OK. A lot of the clerics, OK. But not all of Iran.

I kind of like the sound of EMP, especially if the radiation can be controlled. (Which I believe it can.) No fragments going through the innocent, not millions of deaths. It seems a lot more humane.

(I'm not 100% serious, but I like it a whole lot better than a nuclear war.)

Besides, what do you want the world to do?
english.farsnews.com...

Addressing a gathering in Arizona, Joe Lieberman also admitted that the unilateral US sanctions against Iran's nuclear program have not retrieved any results so far.

"We have applied very tough economic sanctions on Iran and they have clearly affected the economy of Iran - but they have not affected the nuclear program one iota," marveled Lieberman.

Iran is under four rounds of UN Security Council sanctions for turning down West's calls to give up its right of uranium enrichment, saying the demand is politically tainted and illogical.

edit on 10-9-2012 by charles1952 because: Added material.

Most don't give a crap whether you think people are discussing Iran "in that way". They started the game and are certainly promolgating the process. The longer the process goes, the larger the THUMP will be. The ball has been in thier court for over 10 years. We just need a president with some brains and some BALLS.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gr3mlyn
Oddly enough, this approach will only encourage the Iranians to get nukes. A nuclear state attacking a non-nuclear state only demonstrates the necessity of possessing nukes, so one may ward off the very sort of attack that is being threatened here. Also, would this not create a sort of justification for another nation to launch an unprovoked nuclear strike on Israel, at a time of their choosing? Curious strategy Israel.

You assume there is 1 bomb on Iran. Will it encourage them to get nukes after 50 strikes?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ummm is anybody else concerned about setting off nukes in the atmosphere is there not something called radio active fall out that might get into the jet streams up there and spread far and wide it's not just going to stay in one place ,please please world leaders do just that LEAD and make a smart choice and stop #@#^$@$&@%^^ up this planet we live on cause I don't know if you have noticed but Mars is not going to be terraformed any time soon and there is no other place to go this is it ,this blue and green marble in a vaccuum is our home take a good look around I do not want to live in Chernoybl...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) is NOT radiation in the sense that you are implying and there is NO fallout, so the short answer is NO.

Killing people on the ground will be the result of chaos.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gr3mlyn
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread880164/pg6#pid14943739ost by HumanitiesLastHope[/url]

Interesting points. Both Nazi ideology and literature such as the Protocols of the Elders of zion, directed the very same bigoted accusations towards Jews that you levy against Muslims. To this day people cite passages from the Talmud in an attempt to foster anti-semitism, just as you attempt to drum up islamophobia. Now, one could certainly make a case for the desperate need of secular democracies in the islamic world. But that's a whole different argument. Regarding the Iranian President, of course he is a fool to deny the Holocaust. That's up there with flat earth theory. Regarding Israel, I'm a supporter, but I just don't get their strategy. Regarding your knowledge of Islam, what of it?

Who are the people blowing people up around the world? Does that help open yor face?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by WeRpeons

I'm not sure what you mean by "EMP fallout"? Those are two different things. I can tell you this.
A weapons burst contains a lot of dangerous things, the "most benign" of which is the Electo Magnetic Pulse. Heat, blast and radiation usually destroy anything you might need power for anyway. The EMP is a bonus effect sort of, that like fallout, reaches far beyond the blast radius of a bomb.

It is electrical current basically that radiates outward at the speed of light in the initial detonation. Blink and it is gone by. If it encounters anything made of metal, then electrical current builds up in it, over powering things like circuit boards easily (zzzt) and running along or through things like rail road tracks, power lines and cyclone fences. Imagine leaning against a cyclone fence in a lightning strike, sort of like that. But you generally would not have much to worry from that effect of a bomb. Out in the open, the heat from the detonation would cook exposed skin and if you are close enough, vaporize you just before the blast blew your ashes into dust.

One other "radiation effect" is the instantaneous release of x-rays and Gamma radiation that also pulses out at the speed of light in the beginning. It pretty much penetrates anything in its path including the ground.

A good example of this was during Hiroshima. The hospital in town reopened and began to treat survivors several days after the event. When they went to gather the x-ray film from the vault in the basement of the building, all the film was exposed where it lay. Underground... In a basement... in a vault. X-rays...

And they were idiots because of the alpha and beta particles. As he said gamma radiation is exeactly (for the most part) like an x-ray; it passes right through you and will mutate the dna in your cells (sort of; this is where it gets complicated). What he fails to say is that beta will penetrate your skin but can't move all the way through you, but it does the same thing. The last part of the picture are the alpha particles; still very nasty, but can't penetrate your skin. You need a decent gas mask to avoid the buggers. I could go on, but hope this helps.

I suppose the point is, if you are worried about gamma and beta, you should probably be telling your loved ones you love the, un less you are at least 8 feet underground.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join