It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Armageddon -- General survival knowledge everyone should know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Something that we all wonder about... even in an un-conspiracy related scenario, what would you do during an emergency? During a natural disaster, major power outage, martial law, or a pandemic?

This is just a list of basic survival tips that we should all know.

Just a couple weeks ago, I came across another documentary on youtube from the History Channel that I found pretty informative, enlightening, and it really paints a great, detailed picture for you if you're ever caught in the city when TSHTF. First, I'll post a documentary from the History Channel about life after a pandemic.

For some reason, every time I post a video on ATS, it never works... so, I'll post the links. I recommend this documentary to everyone who's a full-on prepper.

After Armegeddon

Please tell me what you think of the documentary, I personally think it's pretty well done. But, if any of you see any flaws that I haven't noticed, please point them out to me, I don't want them to go unnoticed, I want to learn, like all of us (That's If you watch the documentary, which I won't blame you if you don't watch it just because I say so. You should look into it some time, though).

Now, I also want to post links about hunting--because hunting, skinning, dressing and eating animals may well be important in the future. Here are the links below;

Preparing A Freshly Hunted Rabbit For Eating

How To Cleanly Field Dress A Hunted Deer

How To Field Dress A Squirrel

You can hunt small game with a pellet or bb gun as long as it has considerable power. Also, you can purchase a crossbow. Crossbows are relatively easy to use, and are much quieter than guns.

Also, you want to be prepared for natural disasters and nature attacks, weather you're a conspiracy freak or not.

What To Do During A Flood

How To Use A Fire Extinguisher During A Fire

Tornado Saftey

How To Avoid Sinking Into Quicksand

Get Out Of Quick Sand

How To Survive A Hurricane

How To Survive An Animal (Dog) Attack

How To Treat A Snake Bite

How To Survive Lost In The Woods

How To Escape A Vehicle Sinking In Water

How To Survive A Bear Attack

How To Survive A Killer Bee Attack

Now, what would you do if a pandemic swept over the world? Here are some tips;

Pandemic At Home -- How To Survive

Also, GET A GAS MASK.

And what about civil unrest or martial law?

The Martial Law Threat In America

Surviving Economic Collapse

What You Need For Your Bug Out Bag

Filtering Water

Top Five Places NOT To Be During An Economic Collapse

The First Days After The Collapse Of The Dollar

The End Times Chaos, Civil Unrest, And Riots

That's my general list of decent survival and info videos. Please, PLEASE let me know if I left anything out.

God bless
edit on 10-9-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: none ya damn business

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I saw it a few years ago, it is a probable scenario, although too much violence and chaos imo. Even if/when SHTF I don't know how willing people would be to kill each other for gas.

Maybe that's because I believe in the goodness of people, I believe that some people will kill for things such as gas but most people will try to find partners and especially knowledgeable partners who know how to get things done and grow food, build shelters, or have any other professional knowledge that can help surviving when SHTF, and that's where people will get together will become less vulnerable and more independent. These communities will be mostly closed and remote once established, from fear of the outside world.

People who will try to make it on their own or with their family won't make it for the long run, unless the families will know how to work together and efficient, and not all responsibility will turn on the husband/father (unless he's exceptionally knowledgeable and trained)

That's my two cents, I could be wrong honestly... No one really knows how it'll be when SHTF, it is all predictions.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Lives will be taken for a simple can of soup, kinda thing. I believe that the first 60days will be the harshest. If you survive it then i think you will be all right. I think it just comes down to how far is one willing to go to feed their Family as well.

Location on the globe will be a factor as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think it all depends how functional a government-ish organization in the area remains after tshtf. Alot of people will turn to those organizations for answers and protection.

The ones who don't will have to know what they are doing in the cities, because they can fall prey easier to criminals who don't care.

But there are so many factors included also heavily depending on what made tshtf to make a real prediction imo..

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think it was a good video, and in my opinion, and from experience of seeing third world societies first hand, pretty accurate. The only question I have, is if they were making alcohol, why did the guy with medical training leave his wound uncleaned? As we all know alcohol is a good antiseptic, so why did he not clean the wound with alcohol at least? Anyway though, I do believe that people would kill each other for petty things such as gas, or soap.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yeah, the wound cleaning thing... that's true...

Also, I left out the power outage survival. Sadly, ATS won't let me edit my post again yet >:/

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Love your avatar by the way EXTERMINATE!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Thanks! Daleks = best villans ever

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

While I don't think anyone can be truly prepared for a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI event, the links you provided all in one post are appreciated and should give people food for thought.

I rarely say it, but S&F!

Usually I just give those out to well thought posts and threads
And this is one of those, short, sweet and to the point.
edit on 10-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think the vid was very accurate at what to expect in a shtf scenario,add a lot more gunfire,uncontrollable fires,environmental hazards and lawlessness,in this case there is really no way of guaranteeing one's survival or injury without a lot of luck.
Clearly the best option would be to reside outside of major cities next to basic resources like a river or a stream for food and water,and the know how to forage for berries and grubs
edit on 10-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank ya

And everyone else, can you think of anything I left out? I'm kinda doing my own research, hence the origin of this threat. Learning is good

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Wow you have really put a lot of energy into this thread. Thank you for that.

There is much to look at here, I will start with the first video. Am pretty tired tonight so may not get back to you right away but plan to come back.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Excellent, thank you

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Great thread! I don't do a lot of S&F's anymore either, but your thread truly is to the point and a lot of links to look at. Admittedly I have not looked at all of them, but I will be - as well as printing out many of them to use as "survival guides" just in case. Better to print them now and have them on hand to refer to than to wish I had them if the grid collapsed and no more internet.

I have watched that show a couple of times and I think they are probably fairly close to likely reality after TSHTF. It was just so ironic that after surviving everything they went through that a scratch is what got him in the end. But in reality, without the widespread access we currently have to medicines and vaccines and health care, our life spans will certainly be shorter as death from preventable diseases, infections, viruses, injuries and etc. returns to what it used to be. I would imagine that even seeing people 60 years old and older will become uncommon.

Edited to add: I guess there's nothing "printable" here, so it looks like I'll just have to watch these and try to store them in my brain memory.
edit on 11-9-2012 by tallcool1 because: clarification

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well I watched the documentary last night until I fell asleep int he armchair towards the end somewhere. I will try and catch the end, it was pretty good imo.

There were somethings that were probably not so accurate and the Dad was kind of foolish if he thought he was going to be the protector of his family.

One thing none of us think about is the probability we will end up with nothing, everything you have can be taken including the clothes on your back, your shoes.

Rape and beatings would have happened in the scenario, and I doubt the family would have escaped after the mom shot the good ole boys and left her gun on the ground afterwards, lol.

Lots of flaws but a pretty good beginning for many people, something to think about. I actually got a little spooked and when I first fell asleep my little dog woke me barking, I spooked him snoring I guess, lol.

The military for one thing would have had a much stronger presence and it would not be to protect the citizens, they would have been outfitted for contaminated population and to shoot anyone who came near them.

I did like the little town sheriff and his idea of safety. I feel asleep when the family went to church...

Be Aware: Here and Now

Here is a message I got yesterday that seems to apply in this situation.

Antar,

I am not here to give you a dogma. A dogma makes one certain. I am not here to give you any promise for the future - any promise for the future makes one secure.

I know you come here seeking some certainty, some creed, some 'ism', somewhere to belong to, someone to rely upon. You come here out of your fear. You are searching a sort of beautiful imprisonment - so that you can live without any awareness.

I am here simply to make you alert and aware. That is to be herenow - with all the insecurity that life is, with all the uncertainty that life is, with all the danger that life is.

Osho

new topics

top topics

join