Obama’s staff shocked after bear hug

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
President Barack Obama’s campaign staff were stunned yesterday after the US President was given an intense bear hug by a hulking Florida pizza shop owner.

Obama was hoisted in the air by Scott Van Duzer during a bus tour of Florida according to The Daily Mail.

"Look at that!" the president said once the 113kg restaurateur had placed him back on the ground.

"Scott, let me tell you, you are like the biggest pizza shop owner I've ever seen," Obama said.

"Man are you a powerlifter or what?"

au.news.yahoo.com...

Like this wasn't a set up? The guy would have had a million holes in him if it had not been/

The new Joe the plumber!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

hahah the looks on everyones face is priceless.

you can tell that the classic "meat heads" are idiots holds true.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Politicians do it all the time to make it look like they are part of the norm. What you don't see on camera are the various body guards in and out of the building who are ready to act on a second's notice if the guy goes even slightly off-script.

Then again, rumor has it the Secret Service doesn't like Obama too much anymore, so maybe it actually is legit.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If this wasn't the same Secret Service who has let party crashers right up to have photos with Obama himself......brought shame to the whole Service by arguing over a few dollars with a cheap prostitute in Colombia and a few other things...I'd say this HAD to be a set up.

However...this IS that same Secret Service..so as shocking and unbelievable as this may be, I actually believe this happened just as it appears. It's scary as all get out.

Thank God this man liked Obama. I mean it wouldn't take too much more than an advanced Karate course to know how to do irreperable damage to a person that close and with that much full contact already established. I can't see him walking away in the same medical condition he started in if that had been done to Clinton or Bush. I'm just flabbergasted they allowed ANYONE but Michelle to have such physical contact with the President.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
lol

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
double
edit on 10-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It sure seems like it was an awkward moment. Watching the video, it felt a lot like those zoo videos where a kid falls in the gorilla cage. Everyone can only watch and pray that the gorilla is having a "nice baby" ::pat pat:: day instead of a Hulk-smash day...

Good on Barack for keeping somewhat cool even though I am sure in his head he was thinking "so... is this really happening right now?", lol.
edit on 9/10/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Whether the Secret Service likes Obama or not they would still do their job.I have had the opportunity to know a couple of former Secret Service agents in my life and I can tell you that they are professionals through and through.Personal feelings would never come into play.But I agree that this photo was most definitely staged.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yeah and ... its not like the SS doesn't have some pretty nifty psychology courses under their belt nor the ability to end that bear hug in 1/8th of a second if it got out of hand.

Set up? Maybe, it's possible but more likely they knew the guy wasn't a threat he was looked into before ever entering the shop i'm sure, they know body language, facial expressions could just be there was no threat.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I personally find it very difficult to believe that the guy wasn't turned into Swiss cheese the moment he lifted his arms. The picture is there, though, clear as crystal, so it has to be true.

And why does Obama look so confused and disturbed by the gesture? Is he not a fan of hugs?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Doesn't seem like a setup, the guy sounds genuinely exited to meet the POTUS & Obama is his usual good natured self.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I don't think it was staged, the place and the guy were obviously screened first but the hug and the lift seemed spontanious.

I did fear that they would start making out around the 0.30 sec. mark though.

edit on 10-9-2012 by RockHarder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

I'd tend to agree the SS guys are professionals, despite the rather... embarrassing things they've had happen in recent years.

There is something I've noticed though.... If you look at Romney or Ryan, the Secret Service is like white on rice and right with them at all times. The guys I saw up close with Ron Paul may not have been active Service people but if they weren't former...they could have come from central casting and they were alert and likewise, never further from him than the closest person who wasn't part of their direct group.

Look at Obama...and not just this one, but recent appearances in general. See the Secret Service? Sometimes yes, at a distance. Usually, as I went to look back, you don't. Not anywhere close. Bush and Clinton both had close-in security nearly all the time and everywhere. They were as expected as the President himself and only out of side when Clinton or Bush was on stage (and not always then) or in some other place where they had total control for access with no one close to them.

Now I know by history and reports, Carter actually tried having the Marines moved clear out to the fence line at the White House. Similarly, Secret Service was strongly disliked for their presence and they had to push the issue NOT to be moved further back than they could deal with for safety. I wonder if Obama has ordered his SS detail to stay back and out of sight? To physically lay hands on the President is just unbelievable. This wasn't just hands though..he had 100% TOTAL physical dominance and could have done great damage before anyone could have crossed the room to intervene. It's just shocking....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
As a president I despise Obama, I really do. But even this apparently staged photo op did the trick. I dunno it captured something I can't quite put my finger on, something human. Good call on whomever let it take place as I feel it is going to go a long way in the picture means a thousand words thing in a positive way. Either way I got a good chuckle out of it, and good on him.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's nothing out of the ordinary, they plan it in advance, where a PR rep will go to the venue and say "hey, we want to bring the president here, would you like to give him a hug?" then from there they lay down the ground rules etc, the VIP is briefed as is security.

It's all pre planned. Or as some as you like to say "staged".
Even off the cuff gestures like a hug would cause security to jump in or atleast approach for an "ok" from the VIP, generally if you don't see that happen its planned.

Another thing, you know when you see a president sitting in a coffee shop that's real busy having a deep and meaningful with a person, and you can see the people in the background enjoying coffee in the adjacent
Booths, well 9 times out of 10 they are security, plain clothes agents/officers.

Everything is a plan, it's all scripted, and I doubt mr TelePrompter president could handle too much improv

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
He should just go all out with his publicity stunts like Putin does and wrestle an actual bear

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Correct me if I am wrong,but I believe that in order to warrant a Secret Service detail you must first have the nomination of your party.Ron Paul,as an independent would not be eligible.Obama has one because he is the sitting president.Romney now qualifies since he received the nomination at the RNC.Prior to the nomination he would have had to hire his own security.At least that is my understanding.I may be wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I think that's VERY disrespectful behavior by the pizza man, I also think the president's staff needs to clarify the rules BEFORE anyone is allowed to have contact with him. I was a little taken aback by the extended hug and back rub he gave Clinton at the convention, this seems to be a continuation of the same strategy.
I get the whole "one of the guys" come have a beer with me thing, but there needs to be a certain level of respect and dignity associated with the office.
If it was planned, it was a crappy plan, if it was spontaneous it needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm no Obama fan but even I enjoyed this footage. It was a genuine human moment. That's what I like about it.

This man's enthusiasm is what is missing from America's heart. No one inspires it anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mardukiscoming
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Whether the Secret Service likes Obama or not they would still do their job.I have had the opportunity to know a couple of former Secret Service agents in my life and I can tell you that they are professionals through and through.Personal feelings would never come into play.But I agree that this photo was most definitely staged.

Too bad the news of Secret Service actions in Columbia provides a glimpse of how "professional" they are... Secret Service or not, they will act on their own accord from time to time...

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join