It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am FrogLover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks for coming in to meet me.

I am a 40 something divorced mom of 2, work as a medical transcriptionist at home. Been fighting chronic Lyme since about 2008, as has my daughter. My son graciously does not murder us both in our sleep and puts up with our weirdness. He's too busy BMX obsessing anyway.

Usually I am pretty easy-going and just having fun with life, not getting too serious about things. Pretty busy over here but I hope to talk enough to make a few friends. Plus, insomnia gets me most nights.

2 quick questions.

**What exactly are flags? I looked and searched and didnt find that. They seem to be bookmarks? Not a bad thing but less than stars?

**It said I have started "1" thread before I did this one. Have I been cloned and, if so, how do I get this clone to clean my house?

FL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FrogLover

Flags aren't bookmarks. They're just a way to rate threads you feel are good.

And welcome to ATS!

ETA: Your location says "Summerland"... is that a reference to an Everclear song by chance? One of my favorites!
edit on 9/10/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Hi FrogLover, welcome to ATS.

Flags: Users can flag threads they find interesting, a flagged thread will appear in your "threads Im following" in your
"MyATS" (top menu bar)...

Im sure someone who has a faster keyboard response has already answered this for you, as most users on ATS are a friendly bunch and do like to welcome new members.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS Froglover.

To answer your question about the thread count.

You opened the comment section on your profile. That starts a thread in a forum that only staff have access to. It's in case some one posts something that is against the T&C on your profile, we need a way to be able to remove it if needed.

Happy posting.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hi Hefficide.

The one I know is by King's X. And now I just have to check if it is the same song...

Nope. Not the same.

Check it out on YouTube or something if you want. Really cool song.
edit on 10-9-2012 by FrogLover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS Froglover.

I hope will enjoy your stay with us.

There are many threads about the star/flag system here on ATS and if you use the search function in the top bar you'll find all the information you'll need. It's a somewhat confusing system but really of no importance. As long as you have fun and keep within the terms and condition.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

how do froglover wellcome in any chance of getting that clone after you ihave a ton of cleaning to do i enjoyed the vids on youtube of royal rife sure you will to

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hello and welcome! I love frogs too.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the answers! And for the life of me I cant remember the names of those who replied. (see signature).

You know, I have seen the neatest "locations" in people's profiles here. So creative.

Summerland is just one I have always used as I had the song stuck in my head once when joining another site years ago .

It is also, in some belief systems, an after-life sort of place (which sounds a lot more deep and intellecutal, no)?
Let's go with that reason then.

FL

edit on 10-9-2012 by FrogLover because: took out the thumbs down thing. No idea how it got there. LoL

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Thanks Cartenz..I need some of your "sedated" mood.
My button is stuck on "ON" tonight.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Oh cool. I can see your little name thing in the link. I'm slow on the uptake.
Gaotu. Cripes. How does one pronounce that? I dont want to think of you as "gout" which is how my brain keeps saying it. Thanks for the answer! That makes sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yea, I tried the search and then looked in the forums about how things work. I am inept sometimes. Found some interesting other posts about Flags though

Just dont like to push a button (like FLAG) unless I know what it does first. Learned that the hard way in my 20's..

Dont ask.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I'll let you know if I see me, Geobro.
I'll send me right over.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks Night Star. What's not to love about frogs, right? Kermit was my first true love...

One of my friends accidentally called Padidle, the one in my profile pic, "Piddle." Cracked me up for days.

He doesnt like it when I call him that, though.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

FrogLover

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from & to add your thoughts to right now. Once you have achieved a minimum of 20 post replies, you'll be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.
Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Welcome Frog lover,and fellow insomniac. I se that others have answered your questions so I will just say hello and welcome to ATS.I am on here late most nights as I too have trouble sleeping.I saw Kings X in concert back in the 90's but am unfamiliar with the song "Summerland". I most def. will check it out on youtube.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks JohnnyAnonymous and Mardukiscoming!

If you like King's X, you will love the song.

My meds usually are to blame. Have to take something to keep me awake for my narcolepsy brought on by Lyme or at work I will konk right out into REM. Dont want someone typing your medical report falling asleep on the keyboard.

"The patient came in with a life threatening jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj..."

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
**Snort** I typo'd intellectual on a post up there.

One thing you will learn about me is that I do some really funny things. I dont try to but they happen.

Many times my daughter will then text her friends about the silly thing her mom did. She in 17 and taller than I am so I let her get away with it. For now.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

hurry up the cave needs cleaning i dont have a licence for the hoover or iron

new topics

top topics

join