It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Behaviors That Could Get You Fined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi.

money.usnews.com...

Some small towns, cash-strapped in this poor economy, are trying to recover costs by passing ordinances for bizarre fines. For example, molesting butterflies will cost you $500 in Pacific Grove, Calif., and leaving holiday lights up past February 2 will set you back $250 in San Diego. Here are some of the more notable fines from recent months:

I know some of you leave your holiday lights up past Feb. 2 and you deserve to be fined but a $500 fine for molesting butterflies seems a bit excessive.

The residents of Middleborough, Mass., don't appreciate foul language. In fact, the town—about 50 miles south of Boston—recently passed an ordinance outlawing public swearing, making the utterance of curse words an offense punishable by a $20 ticket.

In Massapequa Park, N.Y., an unkempt lawn can wallop your wallet. The town passed an ordinance in June that mandates if your lawn isn't cut, you can face a $250 to $1,000 fine for the first offense, $2,500 for the second, and up to $10,000 for the third offense.

A $10,000 fine for not mowing your lawn?!?!

Really it's a little silly but on a serious note it explains why our country is in the mess it is when the politicians are wasting time with this kind of bull#!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the christmas lights fine has to be the worst idea ever

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You are no longver a free person when you are being fined $10000 for not mowing the lawn of your own house.

All these people who try to make bi-laws that intrude on other peoples freedoms, need to be drug out to the street.

Some people just need to GET A LIFE and not worry about what other people do. If it is not affecting you, then SHUT UP. If nobody is being hurt then SHUT UP.

It offends your eyes...SHUT UP. Turn your head.

You dont like my smoke? Then stop sitting next to me.

You dont like my long grass? SHUT UP...I dont care.

You dont like my xmas lights......you guess it...SHUT UP...I do not care.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I like all of these laws.... But, how in the **** do you molest a butterfly....? What does it mean? It sounds appealing i have a fascination for butterfly's..

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I like all of these laws.... But, how in the **** do you molest a butterfly....? What does it mean? It sounds appealing i have a fascination for butterfly's..

So are you going to just pay the fine upfront?

It sounds appealing i have a fascination for butterfly's..

I'm going to have strange dreams tonight I just know it. I think I'll double check the locks on the windows.....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's desperation coupled with a cowed populace that accepts whatever is shoveled their way when it comes to local and national politics and thievery.

Some people might like this crap because they have nothing better to do than wish they could intrude into others lives and make them conform to whatever version of normal they have in mind. Around my area for a few years it has manifested as highwaymen on bikes.

They might wear the uniform of an officer and their BMW bikes might be painted like a police vehicle but around here they do not respond to calls, they hide in speed traps that are set up all along the local area where the limit will drop 10 mph for a few miles and go back up 10 mph.

I cannot count the number of violations I have seen these vigilantes commit while on their bikes from fully ignoring traffic laws to riding on the sidewalk with civilians in close proximity to completely concealing themselves which is entrapment.

I had a chance to speak with one and they make six figures and the only thing they do is write tickets. They are not public servants nor protectors of the peace. If you ever see one on a bike remember it's not an officer it's an opportunistic arm of the state looking to rob you.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
If you don't pay fines on your property, they can be confiscated from you.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What if butterflies molest me first? I would demand a jury trial, it would be my word against theirs. I know I could afford a better lawyer than the butterflies.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Some of these are ridiculous, but I have NO problem with them re-instituting noise laws. There are few things in this world more assinine and annoying than being assaulted with some jackwagon's vibrating bass at a stop light or having to listen to a neighbor's incessantly yapping mutt. Nobody in their right mind complains about laws preventing people from dumping trash on another's property, so why would dumping noise polution on someone else's property be exempted?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Wasting time?

LOL. You wish.

They are not wasting time, they are driving it to your backside with efficient speed and criminality.

You are soon to really see what a parasite is like friend. Because you have no idea yet.

The Counties are broke, and they are going to become vicious.

Why?

Because they drive nice cars, sit in the AC and push pencils, and basically have the good life, at the expense of YOU.

You see, they have years and years of practice of embezzling money from good people like you that have Stockholm syndrome.

Thats right. Because you have Stockholm syndrome, they get away with what they want.

Soon, everyone in America will be breaking the law in some way, and everyone will have a criminal record.

Because all of you have Stockholm syndrome.

That is the only reason why day after day people come onto places like this, and state "i cant believe they are doing this or that".

But you will accept it eventually like everyone else, and be given your 'corner' to vent in, and then come back into society with your Stockholm syndrome.

What is next?

A cop outside your house checking to make sure your have brushed your teeth and showered before you leave the house?

Think Im joking ehhh?

There are public officials all over this Country right now sociopathic enough to dream up situations like that you know.

Until America cures itself of this Stockholm syndrome everyone has, and starts making nooses, keep complaining, because that is the only thing you have at this point.

top topics

join