It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has trouble with iPhone (Not what you think.)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

But when White House trip director Marvin Nicholson handed the president his personal iPhone, Mr. Obama couldn't get it to work. A reporter who witnessed the scene said the president looked "befuddled."

"It's not clear he knows how to dial on an iPhone," the reporter wrote in a pool report.

Finally, Mr. Obama said, "Oh, I got to dial it in. Hold on, hold on. I can do this. See, I still have a BlackBerry."

The president then "had a little more trouble dialing," the pool report said.

The president then has more trouble dialing. When the call didn't go through, he blamed Mr. Nicholson for having an insufficient cell phone plan.

Article

Yanno a lot of people may take this opportunity to bash the man for this and admittedly blaming the guys "insufficient cell phone plan" was the best move, but I haven't owed an apple (crapple imo) product since childhood. Had to play with a few in a couple classes I took, but I hated them, so haven't touched one since.

I don't know if I could operate an iPhone without playing with it for a bit either. I have an Intermec CN-50, it's nothing like an iPhone. I sort of applaud the guy for not being "trendy" in this regard.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Its bad enough hearing about this guy non stop ,but seriously 'who gives a #### what he is doing with his phone

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Someone can't read apparently. It's not about his phone.

Good try though.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Whats it about then,because i did read your post
I didnt really spend a lot of time thinking deeply about ,so may have missed the punchline

edit on 9-9-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

This is just propaganda to make our president appear human!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I read it and felt the article was pointless. I couldn't care less that he had some trouble calling some volunteers on a phone he has never used before.

Just my opinion on the article.

edit on 9-9-2012 by DaveWx3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Cool, a chance to bash our president on something irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

iPhone's are completely user friendly and easy to use. In fact I'm posting from my iPhone.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Maybe, but I like my intermec cn50.

Check it out

I'll bet it's better than an iPhone by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Ugh, looks like a Blackberry. For a guy whose never used an iPhone you sure do run your mouth a lot. There's a reason the Blackberry design is dead and smart phones are iPhone clones, just ask Samsung.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Ummm, did you read about it?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Your phone would be awesome if it was 2002. Get an iPhone or Android. Lose the coelacanth.

Anyhow, what's the point of this thread? Obama blamed someone else? He's just a normal guy? Or you're saying the president isn't bright?
edit on 9-9-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Nope, there's no need. From the design of it I know I would never consider owning one. I don't care what they say it can do, the iPhone or any smart phone works just fine. There's also a reason Apple the #1 company in the world. I'm not even an apple fan boy, I'm a PC guy but the iPhone rocks and I'll be the first to say it. You don't like apple for what reason?
edit on 9-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I think the OPs point is that Apple sucks? I just noticed this was posted in Breaking Political News

Mmmmmkay
edit on 9-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

My phone is like brand new.

Anyhow.

Despite my disagreement with his policies and such, at the end of the day he's just normal guy.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Meh, I had to train people on the in's & outs of the damn phone when it first came out. It was unbelievable to me that people couldn't just "jump into it", but alas, we are not all the same and our brains don't process the same either.

It seems childish to try and make this a topic. There are plenty of other things that he does that we could get all petty about and harp on. Like those awesome speeches that amount to nothing. Start there.

So what are we learning? Oh, apple sucks.

M'kay. That's fine too.
edit on 9-9-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Before any of you bash my phone, you should probably read about, it easily costs like 3 times the newest and best iPhone and does things like laser imaging and such. It uses windows 6.5...

Read about it before you comment on it or not.
edit on 9-9-2012 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Well ok, I can agree with that.

As for the phone... It may be new, but the design is clunky and dinosaurific. I've used several blackberries and will never understand the appeal. Even years back I would have taken a Razr over a BB any day. As for Apple products in general, they were crappy last century. They pretty much rock now, give 'em another look.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You're the one doing the bashing and admit to know nothing about the product you bash yet you demand we not bash your phone and actually educate ourselves on it?

seriously?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod
it easily costs like 3 times the newest and best iPhone and does things like laser imaging and such. It uses windows 6.5....
edit on 9-9-2012 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

Both points are reasons not to own it. Cost doesn't always equal quality. I'll leave it be, if you like it, right on, it's just not for me. As long as you enjoy your purchase it's all good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join